Explosion at my local shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
If?

Does anyone Really Believe that Mech mods will be allowed to be sold once the FDA Regulates the e-Cigarette Market?

That's one reason I've got a nice little bunch that don't get used. They will be near mint when they need to be.

And us "usual suspects" with our mechanicals and stockpiles are going to weather that storm much easier.

And since mechanicals are only as dangerous as the user is uninformed I feel quite warm and snuggly in my vape future.

Toronnah

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2012
Canada
... when it starts with "I saw this on YouTube" ...

wanna know what I saw on YouTube? Guys kicking each other in the nads. And riding shopping carts off if mom's roof. They also shot each other in the face with fireworks.

so let's do that too.

sounds snotty, but when you put the internet in perspective, those asking the question back down and are prepared to listen. If not, walk on. There is nothing you can tell them as they think they know better.

Reactions: EBates

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
That's one reason I've got a nice little bunch that don't get used. They will be near mint when they need to be.

Yeah... I'm not a really a Mech Mod user. Although I do from time to time as a Change of Pace. I recently bought 2 More just incase.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
So you think the FDA will ban flashlights?
;)
'Cuz that's all a mechanical mod is.

Good luck with that.

Nope. Don't see any Flashlight Bans on the Horizon.

But I think Mech Mods are going to be Very Difficult to sell in a Regulated Market.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Nope. Don't see any Flashlight Bans on the Horizon.

But I think Mech Mods are going to be Very Difficult to sell in a Regulated Market.

Possibly.

But rest assured mechanicals aren't going anywhere.
The genie isn't going back in the bottle. Those days are gone.
I think people are about done giving up freedoms to protect the dumb.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
The REO is a mech mod. The TMod is a mech mod. Sunbox makes some mech mods. The bottom feeder community is chock full of mech mods and very limited on decent regulated mods. I've had all of them and never so much as a warm battery. I actually destroy things for a living...it just comes naturally. Call it a gift. I have a laymans understanding of how things work. I didn't attend any electrical engineering classes to run any of my mods. If these things are that far over someones head, well then, mods aren't the problem. All the information needed to run any of our devices is extremely easily obtained. If you're too lazy to find out how to safely operate an electrial device that you put in your mouth, why is it me who has to pay the price? These threads are more entertaining than the old ProVari threads. It's how I figure out who I could sit in a bar and watch a game with.:lol:

I'd definitely sit in a bar and watch a musician with Zoid. Dude has great taste in guitarists!

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Possibly.

But rest assured mechanicals aren't going anywhere.
The genie isn't going back in the bottle. Those days are gone.
I think people are about done giving up freedoms to protect the dumb.

Possibly?

Are we talking about the same FDA that this Forum has 1,000's and 1,000's of Threads say'n how the FDA is out to get us? And the same FDA who tried to Ban All e-Cigarettes back in 2009? That FDA?

Don't really Care about Genies in Bottles. Just saying that I think it is kinda Silly to think that the FDA would allow Mech Mods to be Sold.

ReigntheGamer

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
The REO is a mech mod. The TMod is a mech mod. Sunbox makes some mech mods. The bottom feeder community is chock full of mech mods and very limited on decent regulated mods. I've had all of them and never so much as a warm battery. I actually destroy things for a living...it just comes naturally. Call it a gift. I have a laymans understanding of how things work. I didn't attend any electrical engineering classes to run any of my mods. If these things are that far over someones head, well then, mods aren't the problem. All the information needed to run any of our devices is extremely easily obtained. If you're too lazy to find out how to safely operate an electrial device that you put in your mouth, why is it me who has to pay the price? These threads are more entertaining than the old ProVari threads. It's how I figure out who I could sit in a bar and watch a game with.:lol:

I'd definitely sit in a bar and watch a musician with Zoid. Dude has great taste in guitarists!

Stop me if you've heard this one all the ECF regulars walk into a bar.... :lol:

ReigntheGamer

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
Silly question for those who'd like to see mechs taken off the shelves. The scissors in your house, pointy or rounded safety scissors? If they're pointy, shut up.

This was what I was thinking last night, at what point to we stop trying to protect adults like they're babies? People are killed in droves while driving, are automobiles so inherently dangerous we should ban them?

Extreme sports (sky diving, rock climbing, scuba diving) are all dangerous unless you're very well trained and even then it's only risk minimization because even professionals get hurt or killed. Ban them?

At what point as a society do we say enough is enough, life is dangerous and we can't possibly baby proof it to the point that everyone is always safe with no chance of injury.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
A MOSFET (Metal Oxide Semiconductor/Field Effect Transistor) is an electronics part that is like any other transistor. It has a current path (source and drain) where the current it is switching or amplifying goes through the part, and a third contact (gate) which "turns on" the current path. (It is quite similar in function to a mechanical relay when used as a switch, except it's electronic). They can be used as an amplifier because they will tolerate much more current between the source and drain that it takes to tickle the gate, and they don't have to turn on "all the way,"--the resistance in the source-drain path varies with gate voltage-- but this is meaningless for vape mods. In mods, they are electronic switches and nothing more. You apply voltage to the gate and the switch turns on (or off, there are two kinds and they work backwards to each other) allowing the battery to fire the atty. Take voltage off the gate and the switch turns off (or on, as above). Their real purpose in vape mods is make it possible to switch high currents. It isn't easy to buy a pushbutton switch rated better than 10 amps that will fit in a mod. Higher rated buttons are big. Thus you can use a tiny pushbutton to switch the gate current, which is usually milliamps or even microamps, and let the MOSFET switch the power load. If you are building a really powerful box mod-- 4 batteries and I saw an idiot with 6 once-- you can use the same pushbutton to switch on more than one MOSFET and divide the load between to stay within their capacity.

Thanks for this suprtrkr :)

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I prefer to use mine; that way I'm intimately familiar with what maintenance they require and what spare parts I might need to stock.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
This was what I was thinking last night, at what point to we stop trying to protect adults like they're babies? People are killed in droves while driving, are automobiles so inherently dangerous we should ban them?

Extreme sports (sky diving, rock climbing, scuba diving) are all dangerous unless you're very well trained and even then it's only risk minimization because even professionals get hurt or killed. Ban them?

At what point as a society do we say enough is enough, life is dangerous and we can't possibly baby proof it to the point that everyone is always safe with no chance of injury.
Coffee table legs somehow slipped through the radar. My big toe is KILLING me!

ReigntheGamer

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
I prefer to use mine; that way I'm intimately familiar with what maintenance they require and what spare parts I might need to stock.

Oh I use mine every day and the ones sitting up are identical. And since they are all Reo's and I have plenty of spare parts for them I'm good.

My SL is my main backup to my Polished Aluminum, and the Woodvil is just waiting cause it's just to damn pretty to use daily. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread