The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Explosion at my local shop

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by BrownManVapes, Jan 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Asbestos4004

Asbestos4004 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 11, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    Silly question for those who'd like to see mechs taken off the shelves. The scissors in your house, pointy or rounded safety scissors? If they're pointy, shut up.

• Like Like x 9
  2. ReigntheGamer

ReigntheGamer Account closed on request ECF Veteran

Oct 14, 2014
    That's one reason I've got a nice little bunch that don't get used. They will be near mint when they need to be.

And us "usual suspects" with our mechanicals and stockpiles are going to weather that storm much easier.

And since mechanicals are only as dangerous as the user is uninformed I feel quite warm and snuggly in my vape future.

• Like Like x 5
  3. T0mmy1977

T0mmy1977 Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 1, 2015
    I hope the FDA wasn't around when this happened. More fuel to protect the stupid by denying everyone their freedom.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Toronnah

Toronnah Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 10, 2012
    Canada
    wanna know what I saw on YouTube? Guys kicking each other in the nads. And riding shopping carts off if mom's roof. They also shot each other in the face with fireworks.

so let's do that too.

sounds snotty, but when you put the internet in perspective, those asking the question back down and are prepared to listen. If not, walk on. There is nothing you can tell them as they think they know better.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bad Ninja

Bad Ninja Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jun 26, 2013
    God's Country
    So you think the FDA will ban flashlights?
    ;)
    'Cuz that's all a mechanical mod is.

Good luck with that.

• Like Like x 3
  6. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Yeah... I'm not a really a Mech Mod user. Although I do from time to time as a Change of Pace. I recently bought 2 More just incase.

• Like Like x 2
  7. zoiDman

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Nope. Don't see any Flashlight Bans on the Horizon.

But I think Mech Mods are going to be Very Difficult to sell in a Regulated Market.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bad Ninja

Bad Ninja Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jun 26, 2013
    God's Country
    Possibly.

But rest assured mechanicals aren't going anywhere.
    The genie isn't going back in the bottle. Those days are gone.
    I think people are about done giving up freedoms to protect the dumb.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Asbestos4004

Sep 11, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    The REO is a mech mod. The TMod is a mech mod. Sunbox makes some mech mods. The bottom feeder community is chock full of mech mods and very limited on decent regulated mods. I've had all of them and never so much as a warm battery. I actually destroy things for a living...it just comes naturally. Call it a gift. I have a laymans understanding of how things work. I didn't attend any electrical engineering classes to run any of my mods. If these things are that far over someones head, well then, mods aren't the problem. All the information needed to run any of our devices is extremely easily obtained. If you're too lazy to find out how to safely operate an electrial device that you put in your mouth, why is it me who has to pay the price? These threads are more entertaining than the old ProVari threads. It's how I figure out who I could sit in a bar and watch a game with.:lol:

I'd definitely sit in a bar and watch a musician with Zoid. Dude has great taste in guitarists!

• Like Like x 7
  10. zoiDman

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Possibly?

Are we talking about the same FDA that this Forum has 1,000's and 1,000's of Threads say'n how the FDA is out to get us? And the same FDA who tried to Ban All e-Cigarettes back in 2009? That FDA?

Don't really Care about Genies in Bottles. Just saying that I think it is kinda Silly to think that the FDA would allow Mech Mods to be Sold.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ReigntheGamer

Oct 14, 2014
    Stop me if you've heard this one all the ECF regulars walk into a bar.... :lol:

• Like Like x 3
  12. WillyZee

WillyZee Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 23, 2013
    Toronto
    count me in for beers at the bar with Zoid ... just let me grab my ProVari first :toast:

• Like Like x 4
  13. ReigntheGamer

Oct 14, 2014
    This was what I was thinking last night, at what point to we stop trying to protect adults like they're babies? People are killed in droves while driving, are automobiles so inherently dangerous we should ban them?

Extreme sports (sky diving, rock climbing, scuba diving) are all dangerous unless you're very well trained and even then it's only risk minimization because even professionals get hurt or killed. Ban them?

At what point as a society do we say enough is enough, life is dangerous and we can't possibly baby proof it to the point that everyone is always safe with no chance of injury.

• Like Like x 6
  14. Ryedan

Ryedan ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    Thanks for this suprtrkr :)

• Like Like x 2
  15. ReigntheGamer

Oct 14, 2014
    Something tells me that bar would be filled with Provaris, Reo's, and delicious clouds. :D

• Like Like x 4
  16. Rossum

Rossum Surly Curmudgeon Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SW VA
    I prefer to use mine; that way I'm intimately familiar with what maintenance they require and what spare parts I might need to stock.

• Like Like x 5
  17. Rossum

Rossum Surly Curmudgeon Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SW VA
    Except you can't vape in a bar in Commiefornia, where Zoid lives, right?

• Like Like x 5
  18. Asbestos4004

Sep 11, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    Coffee table legs somehow slipped through the radar. My big toe is KILLING me!

• Like Like x 6
  19. ReigntheGamer

Oct 14, 2014
    Oh I use mine every day and the ones sitting up are identical. And since they are all Reo's and I have plenty of spare parts for them I'm good.

My SL is my main backup to my Polished Aluminum, and the Woodvil is just waiting cause it's just to damn pretty to use daily. :)

• Like Like x 3
  20. ReigntheGamer

Oct 14, 2014
    Yall are always welcome in the wild wild west that is Texas. :D We still smoke in all of ours.

• Like Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.