Jun 26, 2013
God's Country

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Today some people want it all but aren't willing to do any work to get it.

People want the cool looking mod. They want the Cloudz... They just aren't willing to do the very simple research required to do it safely.

Laziness.

You gotta keep up.

1. Yes. That's my point.

2. Yes, by design they are. Modified to accept an atomizer instead of a bulb.
That's why we call them mods. The FDA cannot regulate a flashlight.

3. That's exactly what I said.

4. See number 1.

I don't think you have Read any of the FDA Draft Dos about "Intended Use".

So if you want to believe that Mech mods will slip thru the Cracks, or that the Average Person will have the Ability to Machine homemade Mech Mods, Go for It.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
well they can stop B&Ms from selling them but they can't stop people from buying them from china. congress was force to repeal a law requiring country of origin labels on meat by the WTO. so it will be very hard for them to stop us from buying what we want from china in this global economy

The FDA Can't stop Anything 100%.

But between Customs, Fines on Shipping Companies who Transport Non-Sellable "Tobacco" Goods, and CC Companies and Paypal not wanting to be Involved, I imagine that things would Dry Up considerably.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
I don't think you have Read any of the FDA Draft Dos about "Intended Use".

So if you want to believe that Mech Mods will slip thru the Cracks, or that the Average Person will have the Ability to Machine homemade Mech Mods, Go for It.

The "average person" shouldn't be using a mechanical mod in the first place.
;)

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
The "average person" shouldn't be using a mechanical mod in the first place.
;)

The Average Person is going to Use what the Average Person Wants to use. Should and Shouldn't are Not Very Relevant.

And Price will Always play a Large Role in the Choice of what the Average Buyer Buys.

mauricem00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2015
carson city nevada
The FDA Can't stop Anything 100%.

But between Customs, Fines on Shipping Companies who Transport Non-Sellable "Tobacco" Goods, and CC Companies and Paypal not wanting to be Involved, I imagine that things would Dry Up considerably.
they have not stopped people from buying their prescription drugs from off shore pharmacies or seeds from Amsterdam for the MMJ community. do you think they will have better luck stopping us from buying vaping gear from china?

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
Let me start by saying I don't believe it' a B&M issue nor necessarily a safety
issue. It's a customer base issue. The primary problem buyers are younger men. I
know there a lot of older users that are knowledgeable. I'm talking about
today's market. A lot of new vapers are completely skipping cigalikes and
intermediate gear like ego/vision/evod and going right for the mod's
regulated or not. Why is this? I am unaware of any sudden exponential
increase in knowledge in the smoking or non-smoking sectors. The only
thing I can come up with is the tried and true reason most of us started
smoking and or drinking. Peer pressure.
It's not hard to imagine. One bro gets a mod and starts chucking clouds.
Then another. Pretty soon you got get one too and its got to be a good.
Preferably bigger and better than your bro's. Then the young lad is off
to the B&M to get his mod. He knows what he wants. The same as his
buddies but,preferably some even better. And that's what he gets.
Now I wasn't there when any of these purchases were made but, I'll
bet some time during the transaction the question of user knowledge
and or safety was brought up. It's either brushed off,( I know what I'm doing)
or it goes in one ear and out the other,( ya,ya,ya,I know.Shut up and take my money.).
What strikes me as odd is in these last cases of accidents over the last month
is the injured party always has the very same lament."They never told me it
could blow up." Well kid they might not have used those exact words but, I am
willing to bet they mentioned the being safe part in some form or fashion.
I am also willing to bet your bro's and you didn't know as much as you did.
We all can moan and groan forever about manufacturers and vendors till
we're blue in the face. Until the attitude of the buyer changes nothing else will.
:2c:
Regards
Mike

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Does anyone else think it's funny that some people think ALL mechanical mods are more dangerous than SOME of the regulated mods being offered today? I like regulated mods too, in certain applications....like tanks, but I wouldn't touch SOME of the vv/vw mods being produced today with a ten foot pole.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
they have not stopped people from buying their prescription drugs from off shore pharmacies or seeds from Amsterdam for the MMJ community. do you think they will have better luck stopping us from buying vaping gear from china?

Yes. I think they Will.

I don't like to Speak in Totalities. Because No Matter what the Topic is, I think you can Always find an Exception. There are no real "Black and White" in the Real World.

I think that the FDA is going to Devastate the e-Cigarette Market for the Vast Majority of Future Vapers. Perhaps Not for Every Future Vaper. But for the Vast Majority.

And then the FDA (and the CDC/NIH) is going to do something that Just About Every Current Vaper is Not Going to Expect.

Reactions: EBates

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
It won't really matter what the FDA decides in regards to mechs. If we want them we'll make them regardless. I know I will. Where I live I'm surrounded by machine shops, my hubs has access to all the required machines and materials and he has the know how. If mechs get banned, no sweat. The black market for mechs will be the easiest of black markets to service, at least in comparison to nicotine.

BTW, I'm a school bus driving 43 year old married mother of three who uses mechs exclusively and I couldn't make a mech look "cool" if my life depended on it. Sad but true story. :)

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Except you can't vape in a bar in Commiefornia, where Zoid lives, right?
AFAIK that's still up to the bar, for now.

The last vape meet I was at was in a bar, but it's been awhile.

Does anyone else think it's funny that some people think ALL mechanical mods are more dangerous than SOME of the regulated mods being offered today? I like regulated mods too, in certain applications....like tanks, but I wouldn't touch SOME of the vv/vw mods being produced today with a ten foot pole.
That's kind of what I was getting at with my earlier post in this thread. A battery goes boom in a mech, for whatever reason, and there's a segment of the community that is very vocal about how mechs need to go away. A regulated mod goes boom, or catches fire, and everyone tries to find out why, people are warned away from that particular model, or people are told make sure you get a later run of XX mod, because the earlier ones are bad.

IMO, until the technology catches up, regulated mods give people a false sense of security and lull them into complacency.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I don't go to Bars anymore. But of the People I know who do say if you keep things on the Down Low, and Aren't making a Scene, that Vaping isn't too much of a Problem.

BTW - I like the Term... The People Republic of Kalifornia over Commiefornia.

;)
I have been referring to Cali as the "DPRK" for some time now :)

Reactions: zoiDman

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
2nd - Mech Mods aren't Flashlights.

Really? o_O

flashlight001_xar3.jpg

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I have been referring to Cali as the "DPRK" for some time now :)

Lotta good Folks call California their Home. Just like there is a Lot in New York. Or in Chicago. Or Indiana. Or wherever.

Problem is that Many States have a Collection of Crazies packed into their Senates. And a Substantial amount who are Willing to keep Re-Electing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread