F Cigarette

Status
Not open for further replies.

sebastianbach

Oct 8, 2018
Hello everyone,

First of all, no, title is not what funny people thought it would be. The expansion is: Fired up Cigarette.

In my previous topic, which named as bluetooth atomizer, we argued about if it would be possible to vape bluetooth to sum up. But it seemed to me that it is not possible for some reasons that friends here explained. The main reason was nowadays technology limitation of energy storage.

So, thinking about these issues took me to the point that; why do we have to electrify the wires anyway?

In the previous topic - bluetooth atomizer - one of our friend @Bunnykiller , was giving the baking term actually simultaneously with me. Which i wanted him to know too, even in the same time i was thinking.

What would you think about non-electric cigarettes. Do you think it is logical to simply lighting the wires up instead of electrification. I dont know if it would be harmful to cook the wires. So please don' t try it until a Guru here responds.

By the way i am not talking about this video:
I m talking about heating up the coils by lighting them up, a style of deck which is like a lighter.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Do you own stock in a company that is somehow competing with batteries vaping or both.

Also, how do you "light it" where does the liquid go, if you are torching your "wire" somehow. Where's the wick how do you heat the wire without ruining your wick burning your juice etc.

Also when you use that yellow font my eyes get unhappy and I want to stab something. No, just NO, no way nu uh stop halt right there.

Also new innovative vape schemes aren't where it's at at the moment, the FDA is not going to take kindly to any new innovative ideas.

Which, I'm not saying yours AREN"T that. It's just that they're also slightly insane, and by that I mean... .Why would I ever want to do that?

I really like the vapes I have. Using a lighter (even if it could be accomplished) would not improve my vaping experience even slightly.

Anna

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
You're tremendously bored aren't you.

Non electric cigarettes,,, think about that for a minute.
Yep, there are already tons out there.

The 'heat not burn' systems might be close to what you're talking about.

Is there something about 'normal' ecigs / delivery / power devices that just won't work for you?

With the variety of e vaping systems / set ups currently on the market it's hard to understand what you find lacking.

Violetti Usva

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2017
There's this really old nicotine inhalation device, someone here will know the name I'm sure, that uses fire. You basically get some leaves, tobakkato I think they were called? Then you can wrap them up into a bit of paper with some cotton at the end which you put in your lips and then light the end with matches. Some people made huge ones without any cotton at all, although I think that was mostly a status symbol. Some would shove the leaves into a kind of bowl with a hole in it and a straw attached so you can suck the fumes in. They all taste pretty gross though and were awful for your health so we use electricity now to heat nicotine containing liquids into a vapor instead.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
How about a plutonium coil. It could have a boron damping rod instead of a wick. So when you press the button the damping rod would drop down and the coil would heat up and ignite the juice. We would have to find a way to keep the flames from setting fire to our nose hairs, but there are plenty of smart people here. Maybe a heavy water drip tip. Not a trace of electricity anywhere.

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    I'm sure it would actually be possible to make a non-electric, heat based ejuice vape device. However you'd still be able to smell something burning in the room unless it was nuclear powered or something (I wrote this before the above post!) or maybe based on heating up something in a fireplace or with a candle (no additional smell). I don't see any use for "wires" except as metal wicking. I can't see any way to do it properly except by indirectly heating an element (controllably) and then injecting juice, more like fog machines are made.

Maybe if you don't have electricity, or even solar cells and batteries, it would be worthwhile. I'm not sure where the PG and VG would come from if this is an alternate history or post apocalyptic fantasy.

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    You're tremendously bored aren't you.

Non electric cigarettes,,, think about that for a minute.
    Yep, there are already tons out there.

The 'heat not burn' systems might be close to what you're talking about.

Is there something about 'normal' ecigs / delivery / power devices that just won't work for you?

With the variety of e vaping systems / set ups currently on the market it's hard to understand what you find lacking.
    I was thinking the same thing. :lol: I thought the whole concept of e-cigarettes was to get away from harmful combustion and the byproducts of smoke? I don't want flames anywhere near my vape.

I'm thinking Sebastion is more thinking outside the box to invent a new product that he could profit from. And I agree with Anna; stop using the yellow text. It makes me think of yellow snow and hurts my eyes.

Last edited:

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY
    IQOS. Heat not burn.

Still needs electricity to work.

Only other non-electric way I can think of for heating juice (not tobacco like the IQOS) would be a magnifying glass to focus the sun on a pan of juice to heat and vaporize it. Only works on sunny days. At night you're SOL.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2018
    safe distance from a black hole
    we-were-so-busy-wond-ering-if-we-could-we-forgot-to-ask-ourselves-if-we-should-we-forgot-to-ask-ourselves-if-we-should-decapybar-37JCW.jpg

Edit:
    Man! thats grossing me out.
    I guess I was
    tenor.gif

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    A coal fired vape device.

A VAPE TRAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG I would totally VAPE that but I am mad for trains, man when my kid went through his train phase, I did not want it to end, I took him to the Train Museum in Baltimore every Thursday! We rode Thomas the Tank engine, we listened to my old Thomas the Tank engine records on vinyl non stop (they are way cool, because they are all British actors/voices) we got on the Subway, we had model trains of all kinds IT WAS GREAT.

I would vape that, especially if it took me places.

Anna

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 22, 2014
    Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
    (Sigh)

What is needed to vape is heat. There are any number of ways heat can be obtained, with fire, nuclear and solar all having been mentioned so far. That isn't all by any measure. Friction, for example; or you could use some kind of heat transfer system, heating your transfer media in any convenient manner and pumping (throwing, rolling, conveying, whatever) your heated media to the vape arena to put the heat to use.

The thing is this: It can be done, but most people don't. Why? Because electricity is a convenient means of getting the job done. You're going to be hard pressed to beat the-- sorry, engineering-speak here-- bang for buck and pow per pound of the current battery and coil system.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread