Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
vapeahol is what happens when you clean your atty with grain alcohol and then vape it dry instead of sitting it out overnight.

(disclaimer: that's probably a really stupid idea…don't try it…just meant to be funny)

Good answer, and very funny. Maybe it should be vapecoholic?

al-cohol
"Word History: The al- in alcohol may alert some readers to the fact that this is a word of Arabic descent, as is the case with algebra and alkali, al- being the Arabic definite article corresponding to the in English. The origin of -cohol is less obvious, however. Its Arabic ancestor was kul, a fine powder most often made from antimony and used by women to darken their eyelids; in fact, kul has given us the word kohl for such a preparation. Arabic chemists came to use al-kul to mean "any fine powder produced in a number of ways, including the process of heating a substance to a gaseous state and then recooling it." The English word alcohol, derived through Medieval Latin from Arabic, is first recorded in 1543 in this sense. Arabic chemists also used al-kul to refer to other substances such as essences that were obtained by distillation, a sense first found for English alcohol in 1672. One of these distilled essences, known as "alcohol of wine," is the constituent of fermented liquors that causes intoxication. This essence took over the term alcohol for itself, whence it has come to refer to the liquor that contains this essence as well as to a class of chemical compounds such as methanol."Quoted from The Free Dictionary.com

Dominicanto

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2012
New York City
First off, fantastic idea for a thread.

The nic isn't the thing for me. I started vaping at the end of May having been a 1 PAD smoker for close to 10 years. I started at 18-24 mg and am now comfortably at 6-8 mg and could do just 4mg on some days. Huge drop in a short spam of time which proves the point that the nic wasn't it. It actually came as a shock as I was convinced Big Tobacco had me by the throat with their evil nicotine infused cancer sticks and that I couldn't live without nicotine.

Why I smoked and why I now vape, like many here, ultimately has to do with the psychological (calming) and physical (hand to mouth, oral fixation) aspects of smoking and vaping. It's why, despite how nasty it is, I still but my nails on occasions in which I'm stressed, nervous or simply bored.

But then I also vape a heck of a lot more often and for longer stretches than I would have ever smoked. And that's perhaps due to missing choice #3 in the OP's original question:

- are you addicted to the flavor?

I completely am. Started with the usual suspects - tobacco taste-alikes, RY4, etc. Taste buds are coming back now and I've discovered fruit favors (watermelon, in particular) and now I just want those flavors constantly in my mouth. A further consequence to this "addiction" to vaped flavor is that I have very little desire to eat sweets whereas I would have eaten a bowl of sugar 2 months ago, if you'd let me. So much so, that I find myself feeling light-headed from low blood sugar!

So the addictions to ritual and flavor are it for me.

TigerLadyTX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2012
Garland, TX
I am going to say yes to both of your questions. However, even though during my waking hours I tend to have a PV, (more then one, actually), right beside me and I hit one or the other every couple of minutes, I AM able to wake up in the morning and not reach for a vape before I fall out of the bed.

I generally wait until after I have gone to the bathroom, taken the dogs out to potty & then fed them, and started the coffee. I usually do not have a vape until my coffee is ready and I have my cup in hand. When I smoked, I lit a cigarette as soon as my eyes opened upon awakening even before I did anything else. Seriously, sometimes the alarm clock would still be going off while I was lighting that first cigarette!

~Tiger

ricklynchcore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2012
Chicago, Il
Interesting topic:

Cigarettes- akin to crack ......., gotta have it, insanely addicted, compulsion, obsession, dependant. I can remember having the worst chest cold and cough, fever spiking to 104, wife calling doctor, and what am I doing? Choking down cigs from my sick room.

Cigars- more ritualistic, but still dependant.

Vaping- More casual enjoyment, longer gaps in usage, seem to bother me very little. When I first quit tobacco I needed to carry vaping kit everywhere, that was two years ago. Now I find if I am going out for a couple of hours, I don't bother bringing my valping equipment with me. The vaping compulsion is far less gripping than any of my prior tobacco addictions, I truly believe I could stop vaping with much less consequence than tobacco, if I wished, however, My health indicates vaping, if not harmless, is certainly less destructive than tobacco burning, and gives me the feeling that I can,"have my cake and eat it too."

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread