• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
You thinking of Grants and Steamgunk?

I got Grants twice, but ended up binning it last year - developed a stale smell after keeping it for a year or two. It was a marketing ploy to make batches and post them as available at certain times.
Been a number of decent custards since. Although not a straight custard, the VHM Claire's Ambrosia was a great favourite of mine, and I made a lot of it. Didn't go well with asthma though :(
I liked a couple of the Steamgunk ones that Chefs took over when they closed - one was Fruition ...one of the few fruit ones I liked.

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
You thinking of Grants and Steamgunk?

I got Grants twice, but ended up binning it last year - developed a stale smell after keeping it for a year or two. It was a marketing ploy to make batches and post them as available at certain times.
Been a number of decent custards since. Although not a straight custard, the VHM Claire's Ambrosia was a great favourite of mine, and I made a lot of it. Didn't go well with asthma though :(
I liked a couple of the Steamgunk ones that Chefs took over when they closed - one was Fruition ...one of the few fruit ones I liked.

Yes Thats them Trish :) I tried Claire`s a while ago and while nice i personally think Captain Custard blows it out of the water...Wonder if Chefs sell the fruition, never tried that one and i like fruit vapes - I`ll go have a look me thinks.
EDIT: No Joy :(

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Looks doubtful that they sell it - Karl published the recipe a while ago:
Steam Gunks Fruition
Cap Blueberry 7% - Cap Cherry Wild 7% - TW Gold blackcurrant 7% - Inawera Licorice 1%

Could be tempted to get the concentrates and make some! I may ask if another concentrate is made along the same lines.

Reactions: terry w

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
Looks doubtful that they sell it - Karl published the recipe a while ago:
Steam Gunks Fruition
Cap Blueberry 7% - Cap Cherry Wild 7% - TW Gold blackcurrant 7% - Inawera Licorice 1%

Could be tempted to get the concentrates and make some! I may ask if another concentrate is made along the same lines.

Thanks, let me know if you come up with anything :)

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
I nearly always bought from fasttech, cause they give information about each product and they answer to all kinds of questions. Only if the item is out of stock, I look for it at other sites.
You're right, they're very good.
The key word to look for in an FT listing is "Authentic" imho.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I still get a few things - not so much now though as I have all I need, and try to use lower power now anyway.

My last purchase was an AIO with the larger refillable cartridge ...it leaks through the fire button, even when a new coil is fitted.

They may be tiny, but the Minifit is the only one I've had that works well and doesn't leak - I have three of those!

I also have the new top fill Nautilus tank, but haven't used it yet.

By the way if not already known, Chefs have their shortfills at half price currently. Handy if lazy with mixing like me ;)

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
I still get a few things - not so much now though as I have all I need, and try to use lower power now anyway.

My last purchase was an AIO with the larger refillable cartridge ...it leaks through the fire button, even when a new coil is fitted.

They may be tiny, but the Minifit is the only one I've had that works well and doesn't leak - I have three of those!

I also have the new top fill Nautilus tank, but haven't used it yet.

By the way if not already known, Chefs have their shortfills at half price currently. Handy if lazy with mixing like me ;)
Hello Pictor,
I use the Nautilus 2 all the time these days - and I love it. I also use the Nautilus X but frankly for me the flavour isn't as good from it. Still it can be fun on occasion (it also begs for more power, which is annoying).

I'm glad that you mentioned Chefs as I mixed up 30ml of English Trifle this very evening. It's too soon to start vaping it - but that didn't stop me.

What is a shortfill, by the way? On the Chefs site it mentions One Shots and Profit Shots - and I don't know what they are, either.
Just call me stupid...

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
@e-pipeman shortfills are bottles normally 60ml with 50ml of zero nic flavoured eLiquid, sold to get around the stoopid TPD - you then buy a 10ml 18mg nic shot for it to make it up to 60ml x 3mg, there are 30ml and 120ml bottles as well filled with 25ml & 100ml, you just adjust how much of the nic shots to buy and add.

Reactions: e-pipeman

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Hello Pictor,
I use the Nautilus 2 all the time these days - and I love it. I also use the Nautilus X but frankly for me the flavour isn't as good from it. Still it can be fun on occasion (it also begs for more power, which is annoying).
I never did use my Nautilus X ..still sat on my desk somewhere. I will try the top fill Nautilus 2 though, but only been using the small Minifits recently ...nuisance refilling them, but I keep a few of them charged up, so not too bad.

I'm glad that you mentioned Chefs as I mixed up 30ml of English Trifle this very evening. It's too soon to start vaping it - but that didn't stop me.

What is a shortfill, by the way? On the Chefs site it mentions One Shots and Profit Shots - and I don't know what they are, either.
Just call me stupid...
I do like the English Trifle - was thinking about it a few days ago.
The Shortfills are a bottle of ready mixed with plain base (no nicotine) and you add shots or nicotine to suit. Saves mixing, and just pour the nicotine shots in and shake.
One Shots are the same as Chefs usual ones ...ready mixed and just need your base (with or without nicotine). Profit shots are a larger quantity of One Shots, and will make a 500ml bottle once topped up with base.

Hope all is well with you!

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
@e-pipeman shortfills are bottles normally 60ml with 50ml of zero nic flavoured eLiquid, sold to get around the stoopid TPD - you then buy a 10ml 18mg nic shot for it to make it up to 60ml x 3mg, there are 30ml and 120ml bottles as well filled with 25ml & 100ml, you just adjust how much of the nic shots to buy and add.
Thanks Bob,
I have bought some from Vapegoo before but didn't realise that they were called shortfills. It's amazing that I can still dress myself unaided.

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
I never did use my Nautilus X ..still sat on my desk somewhere. I will try the top fill Nautilus 2 though, but only been using the small Minifits recently ...nuisance refilling them, but I keep a few of them charged up, so not too bad.

I do like the English Trifle - was thinking about it a few days ago.
The Shortfills are a bottle of ready mixed with plain base (no nicotine) and you add shots or nicotine to suit. Saves mixing, and just pour the nicotine shots in and shake.
One Shots are the same as Chefs usual ones ...ready mixed and just need your base (with or without nicotine). Profit shots are a larger quantity of One Shots, and will make a 500ml bottle once topped up with base.

Hope all is well with you!
Thank you!
Yes, I'm fine, and trust that you are, too. Please see my reply to Bob above.
It's refreshing to have a chat about Vape matters rather than worrying about Brexit all the time. I resigned my membership of the Conservative Party back in March as it appears to be the case that all politicians are unable to agree what time of day it is. It seems that they are horribly self-interested and refuse to act on the instructions they were given in the referendum.
To keep cheerful and healthy I am now taking shedloads of vitamins. This is working well (unlike the politicians who wouldn't know work if they fell over it).

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
as it appears to be the case that all politicians are unable to agree what time of day it is. It seems that they are horribly self-interested and refuse to act on the instructions they were given in the referendum.
If it was a company they would all be sacked never to be able to reapply for their jobs again, and that doesn't only mean the Conservatives, bl**dy Labour are just as bad.

Really looking forward to a No Deal outcome, yes it will be hard for the first year or two, but once we start negotiating deal on the WTO then it will get better, and we will be out of the claws of the EU who seem hell bent on creating a European Super State of which the Germans will be the controlling faction.

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
If it was a company they would all be sacked never to be able to reapply for their jobs again, and that doesn't only mean the Conservatives, bl**dy Labour are just as bad.

Really looking forward to a No Deal outcome, yes it will be hard for the first year or two, but once we start negotiating deal on the WTO then it will get better, and we will be out of the claws of the EU who seem hell bent on creating a European Super State of which the Germans will be the controlling faction.
Well said Bob!

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Thank you!
Yes, I'm fine, and trust that you are, too. Please see my reply to Bob above.
It's refreshing to have a chat about Vape matters rather than worrying about Brexit all the time. I resigned my membership of the Conservative Party back in March as it appears to be the case that all politicians are unable to agree what time of day it is. It seems that they are horribly self-interested and refuse to act on the instructions they were given in the referendum.
To keep cheerful and healthy I am now taking shedloads of vitamins. This is working well (unlike the politicians who wouldn't know work if they fell over it).
I still have my membership until August ...thought that if there were a new leader contest, I could at least have a vote. I'll think again though later in the year.
Totally disgusted with them all.
They've forgotten us, and merely squabble amongst themselves for political gain. Yes, they keep mentioning honouring the vote, but it's just a phrase designed to have us think they're on our side! We who gave them their jobs just don't matter, but come the next elections, they may find differently.
As an aside slightly, I'm surprised that the PM is defending Grieve!

A no deal is looking like a bleak prospect now thanks to a Cooper/Letwin bill to be brought today, and perhaps implemented later this week to change UK law preventing a no deal exit.
No deal would have pleased us, and we've had hard times before and come through fine. No big deal having to go through a bad patch to get something worth having!

I'm in a decent place with colitis for now, but meds for asthma have caused plenty of problems. The last one they gave me to try had me even worse with chest pain, a cough, and huge shortness of breath at the weekend. I stopped taking it, and now three days later am feeling much better. Can't do anything energetic or I'll be short of breath, but hopefully I'll get something new tomorrow when I have an appointment. I seem to be very sensitive to drugs.
I took vitamins/minerals/antioxidants/amino acids etc. for over 40 years after something bad happened in a hospital, and never ailed a thing. A few stressful happenings in 2014/15, and I got U. Colitis - seems it does occur in people who gave up smoking too. They don't know why, but there is a pattern. I had three consultants ask me the same question.
Sadly, I can't take the vitamins/minerals that I used to take now, apart from a few (Theanine Serene complex, VitD3, and small amounts of one or two others.) Anything more and I get a bad reaction now. Shame because the colitis drugs and condition itself cause a block to the absorption of vitamins, minerals, and other essential nutrients.

Glad to hear you're doing well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread