• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
@Pictor Just getting over a bout of shingles that I got at the end of February, still a bit itchy, but at least the worst of the pain has gone.
Shingles is very unpleasant! Hope it clears up properly soon.
My grandmother had it years ago,and was really ill, and someone I worked with had it, and was off work for quite a long time.

I'm hoping to get a different drug tomorrow ..a quick phone call on Friday produced an order to stop using the one I had. I got a heavy pain in the bronchial tubes, and it made the asthma worse. The stronger version of that gave me nose bleeds, a cough, very dry eyes and mouth, sore throat, and distention. It could have caused kidney damage, but didn't.
I've improved a lot since I haven't taken anything but Ventolin, but still need something to help, or I can't really do much that requires any effort.
The drug mentioned that I may get tomorrow, can cause liver problems, but is just about the last thing they can think of (it's a type of bronchodilator to accompany Ventolin because I can't tolerate steroid sprays). Just hoping for now!

Reactions: e-pipeman

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
My grandmother had it years ago,and was really ill, and someone I worked with had it, and was off work for quite a long time.

I'm hoping to get a different drug tomorrow ..a quick phone call on Friday produced an order to stop using the one I had. I got a heavy pain in the bronchial tubes, and it made the asthma worse. The stronger version of that gave me nose bleeds, a cough, very dry eyes and mouth, sore throat, and distention. It could have caused kidney damage, but didn't.
I've improved a lot since I haven't taken anything but Ventolin, but still need something to help, or I can't really do much that requires any effort.
The drug mentioned that I may get tomorrow, can cause liver problems, but is just about the last thing they can think of (it's a type of bronchodilator to accompany Ventolin because I can't tolerate steroid sprays). Just hoping for now!
Good luck with the new drug!

• Optimistic
Reactions: Pictor

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK

@Pictor hope it all goes well and there are no side effects

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
Sorry to hear you've been unwell Bob.Shingles are very unpleasant.Glad to hear you are past the worse.

Really looking forward to a No Deal outcome, yes it will be hard for the first year or two

Shame is, we could/should have been through those first two years by now.:-x
And last night it all got that little bit worse.
No deal is looking unlikely, much as i would like to see it.
If they revoke article 50,i will never vote again.Foolish maybe.

Hello Trish and Pipey:thumbs:
Where has our Terry gone?

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
Sorry to hear you've been unwell Bob.Shingles are very unpleasant.Glad to hear you are past the worse.

Hello Bryn,
If they revoke article 50 there will be a revolution. Fortunately I don't think that it will come to that. A second referendum couldn't happen either until the first one had been implemented - at least that would be true in a democratic country.
But what will happen? Sadly my crystal ball has fogged up, so I'll just have to wait and see.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK

Thanks George, after last night's announcement, I'm thinking we may be in for some rioting from the far right

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
A peculiar thing happened this afternoon. I decided to make up 30ml of Chefs "Skittles" without putting any nicotine in it. I've been vaping away on it all afternoon and don't feel that I'm missing the nic at all. Have I got to the point where the nicotine no longer matters and it's just the act of vaping that I enjoy? Obviously it's too soon to say - I might wake up in the middle of the night with the screaming abdabs - but it's all rather curious.

• Agree

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
A peculiar thing happened this afternoon. I decided to make up 30ml of Chefs "Skittles" without putting any nicotine in it. I've been vaping away on it all afternoon and don't feel that I'm missing the nic at all. Have I got to the point where the nicotine no longer matters and it's just the act of vaping that I enjoy? Obviously it's too soon to say - I might wake up in the middle of the night with the screaming abdabs - but it's all rather curious.

I wonder the same pipey.I think i could manage without the nic,as long as i had the action,so as to speak.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK

Hi George - I've absorbed more parliament/politics in the past two years, than possibly in my whole life. What I do know though, is that what has been happening, particularly in the past couple of weeks, is a farce ...a complete pantomime. But, the PM should have been more decisive and determined not to allow the remain factions to hinder her judgement.
As for no deal, what is being debated right now will put paid to that should it achieve agreement in it's helter skelter rush through the Houses.
Makes us slaves to both the EU, and our own MP's whims.

Yes Terry, where are you! :)

Hello Bryn,
If they revoke article 50 there will be a revolution. Fortunately I don't think that it will come to that. A second referendum couldn't happen either until the first one had been implemented - at least that would be true in a democratic country.
But what will happen? Sadly my crystal ball has fogged up, so I'll just have to wait and see.
I'd be very much against either of those. If, as we've seen this afternoon, something this important can pass on the strength of 1 single vote, than the 2016 referendum needs to be honoured, and in no way considered for a second.

Thanks George, after last night's announcement, I'm thinking we may be in for some rioting from the far right
I'm all in favour of demonstrating anger/annoyance, and would want to join them, but in an orderly manner - I'd hate to see unwanted factions infiltrate such, and resulting in the riots we saw some years ago.

After having tried gum etc; I've always known that the hand to mouth aspect replaces smoking cigarettes very well, and that it's questionable whether much, if any nicotine is necessary. I use 3mg, but went to 1mg after being in hospital, and then zero ...within a week, I realised that I do need that very low strength nicotine ...and I think I still do. Now and then, I have a tank of zero, as I have three shortfull bottles that I haven't added nicotine too, and never seem to notice any difference.

I wonder the same pipey.I think i could manage without the nic,as long as i had the action,so as to speak.
Try it for a week and see how you feel - you'll know if you need to add the nicotine back in. If you do, try adding a little less than you normally would.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
I've been transitioning for about 6 months now, some of my juices are still 3mg, but a lot are zero, but what I did do was to get a Juul so that if I am using my Zero nic juices, I have something to give me that nic shot when I think I need it.

Reactions: e-pipeman

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
Still here George :D I keep popping in for a quick look but it`s dead most of the time. Good to see that you`re all doing ok despite ailments. Full of bloody Arthritis myself, ( self diagnosis ) waste of time trying to book appointment with GP, piggin limbs will have fallen off before i get a chance to see her :lol:
After reading your comment regarding Tickle Me Pink a while ago i decided to try some, still on my first tank yet and full flavour has started to come through - Verdict...i`ll report back after another tank or so :pervy:

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Still here George :D I keep popping in for a quick look but it`s dead most of the time. Good to see that you`re all doing ok despite ailments. Full of bloody Arthritis myself, ( self diagnosis ) waste of time trying to book appointment with GP, piggin limbs will have fallen off before i get a chance to see her :lol:
After reading your comment regarding Tickle Me Pink a while ago i decided to try some, still on my first tank yet and full flavour has started to come through - Verdict...i`ll report back after another tank or so :pervy:
Hi Terry!
Sorry about the arthritis! Mine comes and goes in some joints, but nothing too bad for now. Can only take Codeine and Paracetamol, but don't bother much.

I seem to remember Tickle Me Pink coming out in 10 + 30ml bottles before TPD, but never tried it.

I needed something the practitioner nurse couldn't prescribe on Wednesday, and she booked me in with the on call doctor for five minutes later! Lucky!
Our own doctor can be up to three weeks, or a phone appointment around a week after booking. She's the head of practice, so does other stuff.
I like that we can book appointment ourselves online, and also order repeats.
When we joined the practice 3.5 years ago, there were only 5000 patients! Lovely place though, with nice staff.

How's Maya?

Reactions: terry w

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ

Hi Terry
Bit of a shame it's gone quiet here,i blame Brexit:w00t:
LMK how you find the Tickle me Pink,i think i sickened myself of it and haven't had anymore for a few months.
I mixed a 500ml bottle of "You Jelly" the other day,i'm enjoying that one.It was originally mixed by the same person as Solimero.
Our surgery has just moved into a big new medical centre,i'm waiting to see what that's like,i don't imagine it will be an improvement.It was pretty bad before.

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
Hi Terry!
Sorry about the arthritis! Mine comes and goes in some joints, but nothing too bad for now. Can only take Codeine and Paracetamol, but don't bother much.

I seem to remember Tickle Me Pink coming out in 10 + 30ml bottles before TPD, but never tried it.

I needed something the practitioner nurse couldn't prescribe on Wednesday, and she booked me in with the on call doctor for five minutes later! Lucky!
Our own doctor can be up to three weeks, or a phone appointment around a week after booking. She's the head of practice, so does other stuff.
I like that we can book appointment ourselves online, and also order repeats.
When we joined the practice 3.5 years ago, there were only 5000 patients! Lovely place though, with nice staff.
How's Maya?
Hi Trish,
Yes it only started coming on 1 - 2 years ago in my left elbow, i can crack my right elbow which eases it but the left, well, swells up and quite painful but i crack on :laugh:

My back also locked up last year when moving the coffee table, and once i managed to straighten up and get moving again i`ve had terrible pain in my right hip, not sure if it`s sciatic nerve but painful whatever it is :lol:
That`s my woes outta the way now :laugh: Mays is doing great thanks, bit of a chunky monkey now, but fit as a fiddle with the long walks/playing on the fields :thumb: How are your two doing, sorry don`t remember their names, bet the pup is fully grown now but still mischievous ?

Hi Terry
Bit of a shame it's gone quiet here,i blame Brexit:w00t:
LMK how you find the Tickle me Pink,i think i sickened myself of it and haven't had anymore for a few months.
I mixed a 500ml bottle of "You Jelly" the other day,i'm enjoying that one.It was originally mixed by the same person as Solimero.
Our surgery has just moved into a big new medical centre,i'm waiting to see what that's like,i don't imagine it will be an improvement.It was pretty bad before.
Bleeding Brexit :-x what is it with all this deal no deal crap ? we voted to leave and should be long out by now instead of all these feckin back door dealings, really P**ses me off.
I like the TMP but i can`t say it`s a favourite, got a taste to it what i can`t describe, maybe that`s the Guava ?
As i said to Trisha,booking an appointment with our our GP is a bit of a nightmare these day`s, couple of weeks wait at least. so anything like my joints now i just self diagnose and get on with it :laugh: Anything more serious and it would be straight to the Hozzy :)

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
FFS Another delay request.
Must be while they get those 10,000 riot police trained up.
Police have been fit and ready for a good while now.
If only MP's who we never elected would stop meddling and trying to bend things their way, it would be fine. I'm disgusted with the Speaker for allowing such unprecedented happenings. Tore the rule book up and reinvented it just to please a band of hell bent remainers! They're only interested in their own preference, and likely because of EU associations, investments etc.
How they can blatantly ignore the biggest vote in our history, and infer that we didn't know what we voted for is a downright insult to our intelligence.

Hi Trish,
Yes it only started coming on 1 - 2 years ago in my left elbow, i can crack my right elbow which eases it but the left, well, swells up and quite painful but i crack on :laugh:

My back also locked up last year when moving the coffee table, and once i managed to straighten up and get moving again i`ve had terrible pain in my right hip, not sure if it`s sciatic nerve but painful whatever it is :lol:
That`s my woes outta the way now :laugh: Mays is doing great thanks, bit of a chunky monkey now, but fit as a fiddle with the long walks/playing on the fields :thumb: How are your two doing, sorry don`t remember their names, bet the pup is fully grown now but still mischievous ?
I've only had a back 'injury' once years ago when I tried to pick up a small diathermy machine in theatre, only to find it was extremely heavy! Something caused a sharp pain in my back, and I was off work for at least two weeks. I hated how debilitating that was.
My wrist/thumb joints sometimes hurt, and odd times my knees. Ankles and hips can ache, but pretty rare so far.
I'd hate to be greatly troubled by it.
Good to hear Maya is so well - Georgia will be 12 at the end of July, and Hetty is still a great hooligan. Not 3 yet, so time for her to calm down. She's lovely though.

Yes Terry,Guava is probably the taste,having never had a fresh Guava i couldn't say for sure:laugh:

So now we need to be as qualified as a GP,and estimate the time we are going to be ill.

Politicians are a shower,the last three years have taught me that.No matter which party.
Until that referendum, the EU people were nameless, faceless people who seemed to interfere with every aspect of life here. Even the UK politicians weren't that well known to us.
What we know now has definitely made me sure that we did the right thing to vote 'leave'.
Not too sure about our own politicians either after the meddling and interference.

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
Yes Terry,Guava is probably the taste,having never had a fresh Guava i couldn't say for sure:laugh:

So now we need to be as qualified as a GP,and estimate the time we are going to be ill.

Politicians are a shower,the last three years have taught me that.No matter which party.
Same here regarding the Guava George, i don`t even know what one looks like let alone tastes like :laugh: Yep, self diagnoses is the only way these days unless you`re willing to wait an age !
This country needs a massive shift when it comes to these prats who are supposed to represent us, In all honesty i believe they don`t give a flying fu** about us and just look out for there own interests. I think Bob mentioned something along the lines of the far right making a move now and although i think that would be a step too far, we do need a radical change, no two ways about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread