The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Favorite Genesis wick?

Discussion in 'Genesis' started by CrazyCory564, Jan 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. CrazyCory564

CrazyCory564 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 31, 2014
    I personally use Cotton, thin at the bottom and thick at the top (cut on a diagonal), and pull it through the coil until it doesn't want to move anymore with a light tug.

I never used SS mesh, never had interest in doing so. As of now I love my japanese cotton. Maybe SS cable, but that would be the only other thing

2. CrazyCory564

Dec 31, 2014
    I take that back; May try the Rayon "Cellucotton:" sometime. Waiting to get ekowool to try cable

3. PaulBHC

PaulBHC Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 22, 2014
    Arizona
    I use rayon wick. Tricky since you can't twist it like cotton.

4. CrazyCory564

Dec 31, 2014
    I only twist a few mm with cotton to get it started through the coil and hole, then pull with tweezers. I haven't had trouble twisting a few mm of rayon when I wicked my dripper, so I don't think it will be a problem here. Just have to figure out the right amount.

5. PaulBHC

Jan 22, 2014
    Arizona
    I rewick with the coil dry burned and still in place. Wet and twist a point. Put it through the coil into the wick hole. I use a paper clip leg to push the wick against the wall of the hole and drag the wick down pulling the fatter dry portion down into the coil until there is some tip and wick visible in the tank. Sometimes it is a fight but only takes a few minutes.

6. CrazyCory564

Dec 31, 2014
    How much wick do you have in the tank? I normally have it to the bottom, and wrapping around the center pole a little just to have extra in there incase it gets too tight at the top so I can pull some up and still have it at the bottom.

7. PaulBHC

Jan 22, 2014
    Arizona
    With rayon less is better. I only get about 1/4 to 1/2 inch into the tank. Of course I have to tilt to keep it in contact with the liquid.

8. CrazyCory564

Dec 31, 2014
    yeah... that's a no go for me lol. I'll see if I can find a way to avoid that

9. TheOnyxEgg

TheOnyxEgg Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 13, 2014
    Minneapolis, MN, USA
    SS Mesh. Either 400 or 500 depending on the juice I'm using.

• Like Like x 1
  10. CrazyCory564

Dec 31, 2014
    I am in love with this setup. I have a 90VG smores flavor running at arounf 21 watts, 4.1 volts on the dual .8 ohm build, and it keeps up with ease as i chainvape. I didn't expect clouds with this thing but it is chucking them nicely. The flavor is great; I love cotton and I love my Kraken clone

11. Chelonian

Chelonian Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2014
    Upper East TN
    Hmmm....so many cotton users.
    Tried it, preferred mesh.
    Less leaky

Redacted

• Like Like x 1
  12. CrazyCory564

Dec 31, 2014
    Mine doesn't leak whatsoever. I actually hold it upside down for 5 minutes to make sure of it, as well as to get juice to the end of the wick.

As long as I cut it one end thin one end thick, it plugs the holes and fills the coils very nicely. I just pull it until it doesn't want to move any more

13. snow blind

snow blind Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 12, 2012
    PA
    SS mesh 200 for supreme wicking. All of you using cotton should try 200. I went from 400 to 325 to 200... i can no tilt wick max VG in something as small as a Sat with no dry hits at all... ever.

Cotton belongs in RDAs and RTAs ladies and gents :p

• Like Like x 2
  14. Bunnykiller

Bunnykiller ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 17, 2013
    New Orleans La.
    RSST with 3mm silica in the tank to the build deck with rayon layed on the wick... horizontal nano coil ( 28 ga 12 wraps on a needle for 1.8 ohms) on top of the rayon. no leaks, wick ( rayon) stays dripper wet... perfect for my needs :)

15. WattWick

WattWick Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Feb 16, 2013
    Cold Norway
    Haven't had much success with the 200 here. Which is a shame as I got several sheets of it. When I order 500 mesh, I get one free sheet of 200 per sheet of 500 :D

I usually stick to 500 mesh.

BTW: Congrats on our own subsection. :)

16. BuzzKilla

BuzzKilla Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 4, 2010
    Etobicoke, Ontario
    IF there is cotton in a genny..... to me, it is no longer a genny.

• Like Like x 1
  17. ImThatGuy

ImThatGuy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 1, 2012
    California
    SS mech 300 or 200. Depends on the mood for the vape sessions...

18. martov01

martov01 Full Member

Jan 18, 2015
    IT
    the Shorty by HellfireMods work great with a cotton... maybe because it has the tank bottom but also in side position, so the gravity help to transport the liquid to the coil... mesh is more capillare then cotton, but cotton is more soft..... :)
    the only count, it cost expensive!!! but is a top quality atty
    is is same as the K.loud by Boostvaping lab.

19. TigerGrizzly

TigerGrizzly Full Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Biarritz, France
    SS cable with mesh 200SF works great too...

• Like Like x 1
  20. Chelonian

Chelonian Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2014
    Upper East TN
    WattWick

I love having our own subsection.
    The way genny threads would get buried in the main section made me think that gennys were dying off

Redacted

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.