Favorite pod system 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
So as 2018 wraps up, there are so so many pod style vape systems popping up like mushrooms in a cow pasture. Re-fillable or pre-filled or drop in replaceable.

Life is good for the porta-vape crowd. So, what is your favorite this year? How come? Could be one from years before or perhaps something new. There are no wrong answers here.

If not for the Renova Zero a joyetech Dolphin or Penguin would be my favorite. 8 ml tank, choice of 1.2, 0.6 or .25 ohm ceramic drop in coil packs and long battery life.
But, the temp controlled, no fire button Zero swooped in and stole my first place spot. Three wattage choices, turbo charge, C style ceramic coil that never gives a dry hit. It is the closest thing to an e-cig I experienced this year and frankly, all my table top gear has become shelf queens.

How about you folks? What are your thoughts as 2018 comes to a close?

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Justfog Minifit. Gives a good MTL vape for me, the pods last a long time and can be rebuilt, it is very small, and quite inexpensive (you can get the Minifit unit including pod, plus 3 extra pods all for 20 bucks US at FT).
Rebuilding type folks who are aren't already stocked up on pods for this one MAY have missed the boat.
Latest posts in the Minifit thread say the manufacturer has borked the newest pods in a way that makes rebuilding impossible?

Last edited:

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg
Latest posts in the Minifit thread say the manufacturer has borked the newest pods in a way that makes rebuilding impossible?
Oh. That would be unfortunate. I guess I'll have to order some new ones to check out. I have plenty of pods that, since they are rebuildable, will keep me for a long while. But, if they've changed them then that would change how I recommend them. It is still a good, inexpensive pod system, but being rebuildable was a definite plus.

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
Strangely enough my favorite pod is my $1 myblu. It has a great draw and I can refill it. Followed by an Ijoy stick VPC. This was made for me. It's got a fire button instead of draw activated but that's the only downfall so far. No leaks and I love the draw on it (I'm dl) Which is followed by the Breeze 1 and 2. Decent sized pods and both give me good vapor production.

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
The Minifit's a wee cracker just because it's teensy & gives a decent vape. The pods last for ages with unflavoured liquid, so the rebuild thing's a non-issue for me. Amazing.

If it counts, I got used to the slightly overpowered Nautilus AIO. It's a bit warm, but it's a Nautilus vape and the AFC actually works. There are new pods (?) with a revised filling mechanism, which can only be an improvement.

I like all the pods I've tried, but I use those two every day.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Not super fond of any of them, but of the ones I used this year, in order of preference:
1) Innokin EQ - delivers the best, most atty-like hit. Refillable. Nice size. Two power levels. But isn't draw activated. Awkward large duck-bill mouthpiece, that kind of makes you put the whole thing into your mouth, making it feel sort of "intrusive." Only on the 3rd refill, and it still tastes ok.

2) Vaporesso Zero - Refillable. Very nice design, has TC to make pod last longer, perfect size, delivers a good hit....but only if you draw on it hard and quick. Multiple power levels. The draw activation isn't sensitive enough, and drove me nuts (I prefer a slower draw). Traded it for the EQ.

3) HCigar Akso - won this a few weeks ago. Super tight draw, decent hit. Very nice size, similar to Juul, but feels much better made, and more ergonomic. Comes with pre-filled, non-refillable pods, but you can buy empty refillables, which I haven't tried yet. Pods look expensive so far, but may get cheaper if this becomes more popular and widely available.

NGAHaze

Infinity Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Georgia

Thanks for this ... I was about to try the Minifit just for the ability to rebuild if desired but I'm not interested if that's no longer the case.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Thanks for this ... I was about to try the Minifit just for the ability to rebuild if desired but I'm not interested if that's no longer the case.
As mention in my initial post this MAY be the case. Still under discussion in the thread, outcome still up in the air. I suggest watching latest posts in this thread until outcome reaches a definite conclusion one way or the other?

Justfog Minifit

Sheperd80

Dec 24, 2018
Smok Infinix is my go-to. I have 2 of them so 1 is always charging. I vape it all day everyday and have been very pleased. Its got a few quirks but once you learn your way around them its a great device. I know Smok cranks out alot of crap but imho the Infinix is a solid, reliable system.

Ive considered getting a Vladdin RE just for kicks to see if i like it better. But with no major complaints about the Infinix, id be buying just to buy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
I almost liked the Sourin Air. If it didn't need priming after not using it for 10 minutes or so I'd have probably not tried the Zero. Very popular little business card sized number with patrons at my local vape shops.

I tried a Bo. No thank you. Too harsh for me, but the prefilled cartridges can be refillable, (and some speak of a recoil too).

This thing called a Cue (by Swisher the cigar maker) is pretty good too, but again too harsh for me (due to 50/50 sauce).
Pre-filled tobaccos all taste like vanilla to me too.

I really wanted to like the EQ but when I hot box'd it, it burned my lip. If they'd TC it like a Zero that one might do better with those needing a big ole drag. Mrs. States really prefers the EQ to her Zero during the day but uses a Zero at bedtime.

Now with morning coffee I swap out the pod of the Zero with a breakfast flavor. Before a meeting, a sweet mint gum flavor. And during the day fruity stuff tags along. The portability and quick change feature is a boon with these little devices instead of carrying around 3 pounds of gear, and a slew of batteries.

Sure it would be nice to re-wick or coil it. But at about a buck 99 for at least a week's worth of enjoyment I'm ok with that.

I'm glad to see others views too. Thanks for your input.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Wow, I can't believe how many I've tried and how few I really like.
Don't like Juul (I wanted to but just don't like the juices sadly, otherwise it's ok.) Don't like the Feather, nor the myJet. Myle is ok, but they won't tell me if the juices contain sucralose, so it's off my list. Anyway, they seem to be withdrawing from the US market until regs are clear. MiPod is just too hot on the lips.
The Aspire Breeze2 and AIO are fine. My preference right now is the Orion. Not perfect by any means, but I like the looks and feel and with some settings tweaking works fine for me.

Reactions: YePsTeR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread