[Vaporesso GIVEAWAY] What’s the best pod system of 2018 in your opinion? Enter to win the Zero kit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaporesso_Milo

Brand Manager
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2016
Hi ECF fans,

How are you doing? Thanks so much for your participation of the last survey! Here is the extension!

As you all know, in the past year 2018, vaporesso launched a new brand named Renova Vapor which is dedicated to perfecting the pod systems. And then coming out the Zero kit:

The patented Press To Fill system

The unique Ccell coils for high-nic satisfaction;

Optional power modes

PCTG Medical grade material for the pod

Quick charge for 45 mins

How many of you already tried the Zero kit? And what other pod systems have you tried in the past whole year? What’s the best one in your opinion?

Rules to enter:

Name the best pod system you think of 2018, and let us know your reasons! The device can be any brand on market except Vaporesso

Time and winners picking:

3 winners will be picked on Jan. 22th from the comments. High quality comments will have a higher chance to win!

Prize:

Winners will win one Zero kit with one leather pouch as your prize!

upload_2019-1-15_17-28-50.png

Happy new year!

With love,

Vaporesso Team

dunskoy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2018
In 2018, I tried three Pod devices.
The first was the Rofvape Warlock Peas. Pod thin, it was a plus, and that was it. Replaceable cartridges dangle, A month later began to disappear contact. And the coton burned quickly.
The second was IJOY AI. It was much better, the build quality and replaceable cartridges lived longer. Longer held a battery charge and more conveniently lay in his hand.
The third was ZERO. This is just fantastic! When you take in hand and feel the genius of the idea that you brought to life at this moment I forget about the rest of the Pod devices.
ZERO pod is the top!
But since you need to specify a different manufacturer, my solution will be IJOY AI pod.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
The best pod system in 2018 in my opinion is the Lost Vape Orion.

That said, I've never used it, it just seemed to me to be the pod mod everyone was raving about most and falling all over themselves to purchase. So I would name it the #1 new pod mod of 2018.

1) I've never tried the zero kit, but it's been well reviewed here on ECF and I've been debating purchasing either this zero for my husband or the Orion. Purchase is next month as I think a refillable pod system might be something he would enjoy at work.

2) Ive never tried a pod system myself.

3) No favorire. All I know about them is what I've read about them on forum.

Thanks so much for the opportunity! It really does seem like a good pod mod..

Irked Particle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2018
Columbus, Ohio
www.twitter.com
I was lucky enough to try 10+ pod systems in 2018, including the iJoy AI, eLeaf iStick Amnis with GS Drive tank, Vaptio C-flat Mini, Sigelei Compak, Smok Novo, Usonicig Rhythm, Lost Vape Orion DNA Go, Joyetech Runabout, Vuse Vibe, Vuse Alto, & myBlu pods.

Each of these systems have their advantages & disadvantages, but for overall value & performance I have to say the best was the Lost Vape Orion DNA Go, because even though it was more expensive than the other systems at first, the cost dropped significantly as the year went on, making the excellent features even more desirable as time went on.

Now, even at the initial price point, the Orion was worth it because of the Replay feature helping to keep a consistent puff & avoid dry hits, as well as the high quality & capacity of the pods. Also, that DNA chip fires quickly. But after retailers began discounting both the system & the pods, I feel it was no contest from then on.

Another reason the Orion was so strong, I feel, is because of the attractive designs available. One of the main reasons I bought mine was because of the gold frame & abalone inlay, which make it look like a piece of fine jewelry in person. And over the few months I've had it, the finish has held up very well.

The battery life is exceptional, which might possibly be THE most important aspect of a of system for me, because a dead battery means no vapor. And when I'm at work or away from home, I simply must be able to rely on my mod to stay running even with heavy use. The dynamic, multi-colored battery indicator also helps with this by letting me know exactly where my battery life sits.

And the final advantage I'll mention for the Orion is adjustable airflow. Many of the pods I've tried have no way of adjusting airflow, & I have even had to add Scotch tape to a couple to achieve my desired draw. This is not a problem with the Orion because the airflow ring can be dialed exactly where you want it with ease.

So, for all these reasons, the Lost Vape Orion DNA Go takes my spot of top pod device of 2018.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
My gosh, how to pick a favorite brand that isn't the Zero?
Can I pick Renova? Just kidding.
But seriously, I've already got some Zeros so perhaps do not put my name in the drawing. That way it'll bring up the odds of winning to others a bit.

Pods tried in 2018 (besides the Zero) were Bo, Penguin, Dolphin, and Innokin's EQ.

Not one to dig on the fire button I liked the draw from the Bo. The amount of production was easy enough to consider it pretty close to my favorite ultralight cigarette until I inhaled their juice. That thing had me preffering standing over a fireplace chimney and breathing that smoke versus inhaling vaporized Bo juice.
Ugh!!!
The formula of juice is just way too harsh for me. But the drag was spot on.
I refilled one with some proper juice to see if the vaporizer was part of the problem and it was much much better. I'd probably still be using a Bo if not discovering the Zero. Size like a carpenter pencil is nice, and grippy without being sticky or scratchy. Weighty enough to remember it's in your shirt pocket without being heavy. Their charge method is also pretty cool in my view.

I really liked the Penguin and Dolphin but the fire button thing and I just never learned to play nice together. Not their fault, but mine due to erratic timing on my part. Ceramic type coil system is pretty good and I liked the 3 different ohm choices. The big auction site had multiple sellers selling Penguin covers too.

EQ got too hot when taking a few drags in a row. Plus, again it uses a fire button. Since I haven't found a temp control pod to compare to the Zero I cannot honestly say there is another brand of device I prefer.

If my mechanical skills were able to disect a Zero and install the components in a Bo, the Bo would possibly be my favorite.

So my vote for favorite 'non' Vapresso pod would be the Bo system.

Last edited:

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I never thought I'd like a pod vape and never would've bought one. However I won an Innokin EQ pod and was blown away by the whole pod system.

I absolutely love the size and weight of pods. I work on a farm, so being able to carry a pod in my pocket, with no weight, or even slipped into my boot :rolleyes: is just so convenient.

So the innokin eq would be my favourite pod of 2018. Reasons for this are: it's small size, long lasting pod coils, quick recharging time and the flavour it provides

Uranus On Fire

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 19, 2018
    I like my GTRS Loco PoD for some reasons i think it is really great
    -It has compact size and 1000mah battery
    -It has coil heads u need to change not whole cartridge
    -Dual coils gives u really good flavor (for PoD system of course)
    -Cartridge is always clear cause it has protective cap
    -It fires really fast and i like it
    -It has fire button which is great for me (but for people who just begin to quite smoking puff activation is better i think)
    -Also u able to control airflow really handy feature
    -And i like how it looks pretty good and strict design
    IMG-20190116-124458-1-01.jpg

charlie1465

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 30, 2014
    Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
    My favorite so far is the ROTA by voopoo but only because that's the only one I have experience with. It's difficult to know where to target these types of device because on the one hand you have the new vaper looking for complete simplicity and on the other the experienced vaper looking for a bit of interaction with their POD.

As others have said here it is the Lost vape Orion that seems to get all the kudos here and in other forums but I suspect that is because the assessment is being done by mostly the experienced vapour.

So back to the Rota....it's extremely simple, refillable (important) but also has an added interaction element which is the built in spinner. I like this idea in terms of the person who has just given up smoking and is obviously in need of distraction...so this is bound to help. The size and stealth ability is important too. A lot of people don't like big and too visible units so they should be small and not attention drawing.

Those are my thoughts and almost certainly if I was part of a design team on one of these I would be going for the new client market and not the experienced user.

Bookworm

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 16, 2012
    USA
    I haven’t tried that many pod systems yet, but I have tried Juul, the Perl, and the MyBlu.

Of these systems, the MyBlu wins for me hands down, but I would love to try more pods. I just haven’t decided which to order yet. The Zero is high on the list after reading some great reviews.

But so far, the MyBlu gives me exactly what I want from a vape when it’s working properly. I love the size and weight, and the vape quality is good when the batteries and pod are working correctly.

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    I like the IJOY Diamond VPC because I can use it as a pod or with a regular atty/coil. It is small but durable with great battery life. I have only tried a few pod devices and until the IJOY, didn't like any of them. I have not tried the Renova and would love to give it a test drive.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread