Favorite pod system 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

raqball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2010
How is the orion a rip off? Pods last 4 to 5 times longer than any juul pod and 30ml of juice is $11.

My thought as well... $16 for 2.8ml of juice is what I'd consider a rip off.. But hey, it's better than smoking and still probably cheaper so if someone digs Juul and it keeps them off the nasty cigs, cool!

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
My thought as well... $16 for 2.8ml of juice is what I'd consider a rip off.. But hey, it's better than smoking and still probably cheaper so if someone digs Juul and it keeps them off the nasty cigs, cool!

Again, it's only 2.8ml if you don't refill them. If you don't fill an Orion pod, it's 0 ml. ;) :D

To fill a Juul, just pop off the black drip tip and remove the silicone stopper. Juul pod is on the left.

pods-018.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: raqball

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
I'd assume the majority of Juul users are not refilling them..

I wouldn't doubt it. But follow the herd and you might end up in the abattoir. ;)

I don't disagree that there are pod devices that can be used and reused with less of a drop in performance over a longer period of time. But I don't think Juul is given a fair shake. Also, I prefer not to keep using the same coil/cotton for as long as 1 month without cleaning.

Caroline Sparks

Unresolved Status
May 10, 2018
Florida
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered Supplier Associate

raqball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2010
I busted my Juul back out, dusted it off and plopped in one of the pods I had left...

Holly-cow-a-throat hit-bunga!

I def felt that 50mg of nic! Been vaping plain ole vg/pg 3mg base for years now and dang that Juul pod had me coughing up a storm............

Not much vapor but throat hit in the killer range! Think when I stated vaping I was at 36mg but that was almost 10-years ago.. LOL

• Agree
Reactions: Katya

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
Haven't voted for a favorite yet. Nothing really stands out as the best. But there are several that were important steps in my smoking cessation. The Juul was the first I had used. The Suorin Air is the first that allowed me to get the nic levels where I needed them. The restricted draw of the Suorin Drop is SOOOO good with high nic. The Smok Infinix was the first that really allowed me to focus on getting my nicotine down.

Those were all important steps for me but I've retired all of them. I'm still looking for my perfect pod. I currently mostly use a Kayfun Prime RTA. Since it is winter, I can just keep a big mod in a coat pocket.

I busted my Juul back out, dusted it off and plopped in one of the pods I had left...

Holly-cow-a-throat hit-bunga!

I def felt that 50mg of nic! Been vaping plain ole vg/pg 3mg base for years now and dang that Juul pod had me coughing up a storm............

Not much vapor but throat hit in the killer range! Think when I stated vaping I was at 36mg but that was almost 10-years ago.. LOL

It's been forever but I'm sure one baby hit from the Juul is all that I could handle. Haha!

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I've had enough time with 3 pod sytems, Nautilus AIO, Orion, and Minifit, to have some opinions. I plan to use them ONLY for backup and/or stealth which means not many puffs per week. I made a DIY liquid for the pods, 60/40 PG VG, 36mg freebase nic, 3% all in one flavoring. So far so good. AIO has excellent battery and liquid capacity. Orion Go has the best hit, puff for puff, for me. Minifit is tiny and lite, easy to conceal, easy to carry.

If I could only keep one it would be the Minifit. Fastech sells the complete unit for $13 and replacement pods for about $2 each. I don't need a pod system for all day use. For that I prefer my Evic VTC mini or original Pico firinng an SV rda clone or Berserker mini rta clone. Those four are stockpiled (just in case). I won't stockpile pod systems unless there is one I like where the battery can be replaced and coil rebuilt.

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
hi, Favorite 2018's pods?

where do i start?

Smok Rolo Badge:
Rolo, this is my top choice over more than 20 pods i've owned and tried, Flavor, gonna give a 9, portability, a 10, no doubts, battery life, a 7 and podheads or cartridges: 8 why? quality and durability, also flavor production and a exquisite MTL hit!
Pod life on this fella is amazing, and also i could claim mine is a golden fella, cuz takes a bit more than my friend's ones when charging, but also lasts more working, the bad thing here: Hard or difficult to take apart, for cleaning or what ever you could imagine, is not that easy to take apart it, another quick note: golden one is a scratch and prints magnet, wish i did ordered another color, but anyway, love this b*tch!

Suorin Drop:
pretty competitive, complete, simple and easy to take apart and clean, pods life, not that much, flavor isnt as strong as the rolo and battery is pretty competitive too!, i hate the fact that i cannot get pod replacement by boxes, bulk or more, for example, i could reach my rolo's replacement for $14 the 3 pack, or for my Tpod also could get 3x replacement box, but for this suorin and all their products, just single ones, there is no more options in my country nor ebay, or at least i didnt found another...

Tesla Cigs Tpod:
well, this is the soldier that could take everybattle, was my favorite during the time my rolo was lost at my ex-girlfriend home, darkest days...
The Tpod comes with a screen, at the beginning was something to admire, right now is just usefull to take a count on every hit or puff for trying to know how much used the pod replacement is, have a interesting and a bit restrictive hit, flavor... uhmm... could give a 8 to this babe, but if the liquid is tobacco, gotta scale up to 10, and also, the most important fact about this dudley, salt nic strength reduction, this baby took me back to basics after 3 weeks of use, i was vaping 45MG nicsalt elixirs, then moved to 35mg, and flava was a bit more intense and of course i did was satisfied with that amount, then got my new replacement pods box, started 30mg VCT on it, wich is where im today's despite using 28mg on my Drop, cuz the flavor increases and i do love that other pod, for this one, i have taken apart some older pods and was able to re-wick one, gotta take that research back and see if the re-wick process is positive, but you know, sometimes im to lazy for that kinda science research! lol

suorin Air:
Well, this babe was a part of my heart but im affraid that is maybe the lowest quality device from suorin, pros: easy to take apart and clean, but thats is its problem, is to easy also that a little drop could get inside and start killing it, Flavor, great, also clouds, so far is my top pod for big clouds using a high ohm and lower power coil, liquid consumption, insane, i feel this device liquid hungry, but also the fact that it have a bigger airflow compared to my others could take it to the liquid hungry fields, portability its is best, simple pretty simple and a decent battery life, its a shame that suorin did put a bite more quality to prevent them to die due spills or so,

Smok novo:
Simple! thats all i can say, decent flavor, decent clouds, decent portability, decent battery, not that much decent quality overall but, is a pretty portable device, you might wonder if is on pocket or if you miss it a home, lol

had 2, 1st one died due defective battery, then got a replace, flavor is weak, but clouds are consistent, give a point to that, the hit, throat hit is simple, not that bold, but similar to light cigarettes, thats the most i like, since i used to smoke marlboro gold or light, filling ports are big enough to fill with gorilla bottles or droppers as well, the point is the plug, gonna give a point there, if you left it a bit loose, when putting the pod cartridge back the bay will make it work, no leakages on this one, battery life is decent but suorin drop and rolo last me a lot compared to this one, another fact i like from smok pods, you get a replacement pod with the kit, so 2 pods total, contrary to suorin products,

Asmodus flow:
Greaaaaat one, despite being a bit large for ma'tazte, coils are a bit interesting since they brought a bit warm vapor, dunno if just me but i like a bit warm mtl vapor, since i was a full cigarette user, flavor, well is a bit great for cake or desserts, no that strong for watermelon or strawberries a like liquids, battery life, well impressive indeed, i was hoping it to last a day or max 2, well, did used it as daily unit, lasted me 4 days, coil or pods life is great indeed, but as stated before, to large for me,

Regards,

• Informative
Reactions: drysprocket

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
I've been super happy with the Nautilus AIO. I take it with me everywhere and will stick 2 extra pods in my pocket so changing flavors on the go could not be more easy. With the 'NS coils' 70VG is no problem. It's light, it lasts me throughout the day and I have not had any of the filling issues that people keep talking about.

My favorite large-capacity pod mod also. Nice MTL hit, large battery and juice capacity, and priced right at 25 bucks. Love mine and wish I would have bought more of these before I bought two LV Orions. The Nautilus AIO kills the Orion in every way except build quality.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Not new in 2018, but I just got a kit with two 650mah batteries, two "pods", 5 replaceable coils (that cost a buck each), button activated with on/off switch, quiet, tight MTL hit with no harshness, about the size of a large fountain pen.

It's perfect - everything I need in a "pod" system.

It's a......Kanger EVOD kit. :p

Filled them up with 45mg juice and these perform better than any pod I have used to date. I had forgotten about these as I spent thousands of dollars chasing the next shiny thing, but they are simple and effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread