Favorite pod system 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
My favorite is the whole pod catagory. The huge number of products so fast is because Juul showed you can design 10 cents worth of cheap plastic raw material into a $25 product and have sales of $1.5 billion in 4 years. When is the last time that happened?

The US vape "industry" is little more than vape shops that want vapers to chase clouds so they have to buy more juice. That's when I lost interest and started Diy, rebuilding, and ordering from fastech. What seems to be happening around me is the tobacco shops have more credibility than the vape shops. It appears to me that the tobacco shops are phasing out hobby vape stuff in favor of pods.

I'm trying to a avoid buying too much of today's pod stuff. There are going to be more and they will get better and less expensive.

I'm enjoying my Orion after one week but won't use it much if replacement pods stay at $6. My nautilus aio is unusable because of the difficulty refilling. Aspire is going down hill.

EverythingEvil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2014
Grand Junction, Co
Although I haven't had it much more than about half of the day so far my vote would be for the orion. The replay function is amazing for holding a consistant vape.

I've been using the smok novo for about three months, and the sourin drop a tad longer. Vape constancy is pretty back and forth with both. Pod life is crap with the drop, I only use it anymore because the flavor is fantastic with a couple of the juices I use.

The novo would be a close second, only because the pods last for quite a while, about a week sometimes two as a main device. I've had issues with the draw activated firing though. Part of the reason I grabbed an Orion. I won't be using draw activated pod systems anymore, the sensors bug out to quick in the conditions I use them in.

Reactions: newyork13

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
I have a thread in the Tanks section about the GeekVape Flint. It's technically not a pod, but it might as well be, and it's amazing. I'm pretty much done with all other pods. I highly recommend it. Size for comparison:

IMG_20181231_144620115.jpg

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
Renova Zero would be my favorite. It's built well and delivers a good vape on its high setting. The form factor is a plus in my book.

Eleaf Iwu is the second most used out of the pods in my rotation. It is reliable and very rarely gets any spit back. I also like the form factor.

Smoke Nord would be third on my list. Vary reliable and produces a good vape. Like the 1.4 coil and has great battery life. I have had it the least amount of time but it has found a place in my daily rotation. Edged out the EQ as that has seen less and less vape time since I got the Nord.

Honorable mention would be the Aspire Breeze 2. It was the first pod system I bought and was my favorite right until the side tabs quit keeping the pods in place. If they had a better design and were more durable, they would be my number 1.

Reactions: MartinD

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
In no order, the pods I bought this past year:

Boulder Rock - cheap, durable, good vapor/flavor, a bit noisy, a bit airy
Aspire Nautilus AIO - very good MTL, good vapor/flavor, good replacement for stick pods
Suorin Drop - nice MTL, auto-fire, good vapor/flavor
Lost Vape Orion - Beautifully made, great aesthetics, nice heft, good vapor/flavor - though not a great MTL device or a suitable high-capacity replacement for my stick pods

Reactions: Vicman

bask

ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2012
The Euroneous Zone
I've been super happy with the Nautilus AIO. I take it with me everywhere and will stick 2 extra pods in my pocket so changing flavors on the go could not be more easy. With the 'NS coils' 70VG is no problem. It's light, it lasts me throughout the day and I have not had any of the filling issues that people keep talking about.

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
Late late entry, but the Suorin iShare has just won my heart with its size and vape quality.

View attachment 791091

That's a real shocker to me. The concept had a lot of potential (loved the concept) but the iShare is the absolute worst vape that I've ever bought. The taste was bad and the pods and device got hot quickly.

Suorin has quietly made changes to other products so maybe they revised it. I wonder what they did to fix it.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
I just saw a preorder for an updated Orion but I'm not sure of what changes that include. It would appear they will be slightly less expensive, I just hope that doesn't mean a drop in quality along with that.
I believe it's a different, simpler, non-DNA chip, so no Replay. So some (DNA fans, anyway) would say that equates to lower quality. Looks to be about half the price ($30 range instead of $60+).

But I don't think the rest of the mod is much different. I think it uses a kanthal coil as well. Here's the thread: Lost Vape Orion

• Agree
Reactions: Heartsdelight

NGAHaze

Infinity Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Georgia
I believe it's a different, simpler, non-DNA chip, so no Replay. So some (DNA fans, anyway) would say that equates to lower quality. Looks to be about half the price ($30 range instead of $60+).

But I don't think the rest of the mod is much different. I think it uses a kanthal coil as well. Here's the thread: Lost Vape Orion

Ah, I see. It mentioned specifically the DNA GO functionality but then went on to say it had a 'Proprietary Onboard Chipset' ... a little deceptive if you aren't paying attention which I wasn't since it's just a preorder. :D

It looks to be around 45$ if the preorder price is any indication.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
The Joyetech Penguin and Dolphin borderline qualify as Pod Systems.

With 8ml tank and a 2000mah battery that lasts days. This is a worthy contender
for those who aren't so concerned with size.

I've replaced just about everything else with this one. I just wish that there was a version that was 1/2 the size.

I have 3 of them and bought my first 10 months ago. All are functioning well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread