Favorite tobacco flavoring discussion - Tobacco flavoring discussion only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just1Fixxx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2014
Ohio
7 Leaves is the only flavor I have ordered time and again among all the ones that I have tried - and I have tried many. One reason it has been overlooked so far I suspect is because it needs a long, long steep. It is easy to give up on a flavor after a week or two of waiting.

I enjoy it fresh... but it does get better with age. I am vaping some now that I mixed up this afternoon.

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California
I enjoy it fresh... but it does get better with age. I am vaping some now that I mixed up this afternoon.

I've been vaping it for over two years, but can't touch the stuff when fresh. Amazing how people are different. Wish I was like you ...

Last edited:

GaryInTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2013
NE Texas, USA
I mainly use Hangsen- USA Red 6% with a drop per ml of INW DNB. Also really like HS RY1 7% and HS Arabic 5%. Just started using VZ SC RealCig at 2.5% last week. This is the most realistic cig flavoring I've ever tried. So I have very enjoyable tobacco vapes to rotate with my fruit vapes.

Reactions: JeremyR

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I mainly use Hangsen- USA Red 6% with a drop per ml of INW DNB. Also really like HS RY1 7% and HS Arabic 5%. Just started using VZ SC RealCig at 2.5% last week. This is the most realistic cig flavoring I've ever tried. So I have very enjoyable tobacco vapes to rotate with my fruit vapes.

All very good flavors and the inawera DNB goes good with any hangsen tobacco in need of a little kick in the ash:).

Reactions: X-Puppy

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
I'm having quite a bit of fun with the Inawera Gold Ducat flavor as well. From some of the reviews I've read, it's supposed to have a slight honey flavor to it. I don't get that or else I don't know what a little honey in tobacco is supposed to taste like lol.

Anyways, it is an unusual (for me) flavor and goes excellent with a good hot cup of coffee.

Ina Gold Ducat 3%
Rustica TA 1%
Ina Vanilla 2%
FA Oak Wood 1%
TFA Sweetener .5%
TFA AP .5%

Brew pot of coffee, sit back and enjoy lol. :vapor:

Art Mustel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2009
I'm having quite a bit of fun with the Inawera Gold Ducat flavor as well. From some of the reviews I've read, it's supposed to have a slight honey flavor to it. I don't get that or else I don't know what a little honey in tobacco is supposed to taste like lol.

Anyways, it is an unusual (for me) flavor and goes excellent with a good hot cup of coffee.

Ina Gold Ducat 3%
Rustica TA 1%
Ina Vanilla 2%
FA Oak Wood 1%
TFA Sweetener .5%
TFA AP .5%

Wow what a recipe, JD1! Sounds delicious.
I don't find any honey in the Gold Ducat, but I don't find any tobacco in it either, so your mix should help it a lot.
To me, there are 2 tobacco flavors that are very "honeish" without having the Honey word in its name. one is Inawera cavendish (more subtle), and the other Tobacco Express "Huanghelou. This one is a heavy honey with a very well balanced tobacco. it is the most realistic honey flavor you can find.

The Inawera vanilla in your recipe is not Vanilla for Tobacco, is it?

tierrataz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
soCal
Inawera was a miss for me.
Hangsen Indian is my go to. I do have a few on the wish list based on flavor notes around here. Even though Ry1 is reported to be nut free, my pallet picks up peanut. Yuk.
Looking for a cedar note tobacco . Any thoughts? I tried molecules but got baby powder taste & feel at various concentrations.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey

Ina Gold Ducat 3%
Rustica TA 1%
Ina Vanilla 2%
FA Oak Wood 1%
TFA Sweetener .5%
TFA AP .5%

That recipe sounds awesome. A good change up from that would be to drop the vanilla and add half a percent to 1% inawera honey and what you'll wind up with is an out of this world honey tobacco. You'll get a straight from the jar fresh natural light honey taste. The inawera honey I found is the best to create your honey tobaccos. Most other honeys are candyish and far to sweet for tobacco but this stuff is a not to sweet straight from the hive tasting honey.

Honey-INW - Bull City Vapor

Last edited:

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
Hangsen Indian is my go to. I do have a few on the wish list based on flavor notes around here. Even though Ry1 is reported to be nut free, my pallet picks up peanut. Yuk.
Looking for a cedar note tobacco . Any thoughts? I tried molecules but got baby powder taste & feel at various concentrations.

Inawera Blend has a faint cedar taste that comes in right at the end of the exhale. It's very well done and I like it but the thing is that off times brands will have a certain sort of common flavor and if other Inawera's are a miss for you then this one might be also.

Last edited:

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
Wow what a recipe, JD1! Sounds delicious.
I don't find any honey in the Gold Ducat, but I don't find any tobacco in it either, so your mix should help it a lot.
To me, there are 2 tobacco flavors that are very "honeish" without having the Honey word in its name. one is Inawera cavendish (more subtle), and the other Tobacco Express "Huanghelou. This one is a heavy honey with a very well balanced tobacco. it is the most realistic honey flavor you can find.

The Inawera vanilla in your recipe is not Vanilla for Tobacco, is it?

Yeal the tobacco is strange and could be a synthetic I guess. The Rustica bumps it up nice though. The vanilla is Ina Wanilia K.

That recipe sounds awesome. A good change up from that would be to drop the vanilla and add half a percent to 1% inawera honey and what you'll wind up with is an out of this world honey tobacco. You'll get a straight from the jar fresh natural light honey taste. The inawera honey I found is the best to create your honey tobaccos. Most other honeys are candyish and far to sweet for tobacco but this stuff is a not to sweet straight from the hive tasting honey.

Honey-INW - Bull City Vapor

I'll have to try some. It might go well with some other flavors I have as well. Honey almond sounds good on paper at least lol.

Last edited:

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
I'm gonna bookmark this thread. I just started DYI. Bought the FA black honey and Maxx blend from RTS vapes. Wizard labs ry4 double and Asian acetyl pyrazine and some fruits. GGAAHHHH. don't know where to start without wasting a bunch of flavor. Got different sized glass syringes beakers flasks a magnetic mixer and a bunch of other labware. Made a pretty good classic ry4 but too much of the AP wreaked it (oh only one drop you say?) see ya helped me already.

One thing I can tell you about the TFA black honey is you need to give it at least 5 weeks to steep or it will have a perfumy chemical taste and smell. Once steeped those smells go away and it turns into a decent vape. It's far to sweet for my palet but if it's a sweet vape your looking for in a honey tobacco this is it.

ry4 double and acetyl pyrazine go well together if your looking for an RY4 with a nutty note but again ry4d is very sweet and lacks tobacco taste. It's in fact one of the sweetest ry4's Ive tasted. RY4 will need 4 weeks steep time.

Last edited:
Reactions: MacTechVpr

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
I've tried a few tobaccos so far in my DIY adventure. My opinions are

Hangsen Highway-6% great all day vape especially with 1 drop of acetyl pyrazine per 10 ml nice grassy taste
Hangsen Desert Ship-6% same as highway for greatness with a grassy taste and a drop of acetyl pyrazine
Hangsen No5-more nuttier than both highway and desert ship and still great vaping.
Hangsen Tab-5% My least favorite of the Hangsen but a but more nuttier than grassy
FlavorWest 7leaves-have to mix 10% and its still a bit weak but a good vape, smell and taste of a freshly opened pack of smokes.
Capella True Tobacco-5% has a medicine aroma and taste, not my liking
Flavor Art MaxxBlend- 5% super sweet smell but IMO it has a stale taste like some premixes get after sitting for months. YUK, I don't like at all
Inawera Canadian Type Tobacco-5% smells like opening a pack of cigs Haven't really tried it yet but it smells like a good contender.
RTS Tobacco Absulute-2% only a week old but great taste and makes a good base for adding other flavors.

I'm real happy with my Hangsen buys and looking forward to jotting down others opinions of other tobaccos since the Hangsen concentrates might become harder to find "in stock" in a lot of places.
I usually start all my flavor samples at 5% and go from there

A really good review of some very popular tobacco flavors....Great job.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
My favorite tobacco vape has always been Virginia. When I started DIY several years ago, that was the first recipe I experimented with because it's the one flavor I have going all the time. I wanted a blend that was as close to BWB as I could get. It's not a fancy vape by any means but it just works for me. I think it tastes like fresh cigarette tobacco smells, if that makes sense--- that smell you'd get when you opened a fresh pack of smokes. I use FA Virginia and mix 2-3 drops of TA per 10 ml of flavoring. I then make my juice at 3% of the mixture and add some ethyl maltol to round it out. It's the first thing I go to with my morning coffee and the flavor I grab after a meal. The TA I use came from TFA before she stopped selling it so I'm not sure what category it fits in, but if I had to take a guess, I'd say it's Virginia TA.

The FA virginia is a very good basic cig like vape and your very smart to bring out that ashy true cig taste with TFA's TA. The TA that TFA sold was a true virginia TA so it goes very well with the flavoring you use. I myself still have some left from one of there last batches. Adding EM is very smart because it melds the flavoring and TA together nicely but be careful with it because using to much will mute the tobacco taste. I generally add no more then half a percent to my tobaccos to add a thickness and body to the vape.

Reactions: capthook

Aurora-Oblivion

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Isle of the Wizards
Is 7Leaves made by Flavor West as well as by Flavor Art? I'd like to try it if they do.

FW has Tobacco 7, not sure if that's what AlterUrEgo meant, or maybe another vendor relabeled it as 7Leaves?
http://flavorwest.com/index.php/water-soluble-flavoring/fw-branded-tobacco-7.html

Inawera makes one, I think it's "spicy" and/or what you might consider bright :)
TINO, D',MILANO, INAWERA,E-AROMAT, E-FLAVOUR, TINO D MILANO, TINO DI MILANO - E-AROMAT,7, leaves,INAWERA, E-????????????,E-flavour, E-arôme 7 feuilles d?Inawe - Inawera to najlepsze produkty w swojej kategorii

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
I love Sept Wolves..
Can you give a short description of the flavor please .. it sounds good.

Some examples of these are
AP
triacetin
trimethyl pyrazine
methylbutyr aldehyde
I'm super familiar with the AP Danny, but what are the others, and what do they add to a mix :confused:
Also, because the AP is so strong, I put some of it in another bottle and diluted it 50/50 with PG. So now I have the strong bottle, and a milder one to work with.

I just started DYI. don't know where to start without wasting a bunch of flavor..
I just mix up a small 2ml batch of each flavor (solo) I have, to find out if it taste good, how strong it is, and what I think it will add to a recipe, even if it's a good one on it's own.
For a small test, I run it through the e-juice-me-up calculator and mix it right in the bottle using "drops" right from the PG, VG, and flavoring bottles.
Fast and easy. This works for just testing a flavor, not a good way to mix the larger bottles.
I also mix about four weeks ahead of myself, so everything is steeped. The tobacco's need it, to mature.
When you get down to about 4 weeks worth left, mix up a bunch more ..especially for the tobacco's or recipes with more than one flavor.
Fruits, you can pretty much shake and vape, but not tobacco's if you want the best flavor they have to give.

The inawera honey I found is the best to create your honey tobaccos. Most other honeys are candyish and far to sweet for tobacco but this stuff is a not to sweet straight from the hive tasting honey.
Right on .. I was surprised when I first tried it, that it wasn't sweet, but had the flavor of honey ... good stuff to work with.

Ok, here go's ... these were the results of tasting solo only.
Yummy flavors (for me)
HS Desert Ship (beats all others DS) ...
HS Flue Cured, mild ,smooth
HS Golden V1, yums
HS Highway, Yums
HS Indian, Yums
FA Dark Vapirs (1%), it's strong, but good
TFA RY4 Double
TFA Tobacco Blend
VZ Island SC, has soft pineapple taste, more "tropical" than tobacco
VZ Parliament SC
VZ Dunhill, soft, cigar-ish, on the sweet side.
German Arabian, yums
German Brazilian, yums

Good, but not special (for me)
HS RY4
HS Tab Blended
INA Gold Ducat, good, on the sweet side
FA 7 Leaves, good, but on the dry side
FA Black Fire
FA Desert Ship good, but HS is better
FA Shade, mild
FA Maxx Blend
FA Oakwood, strong, (good additive in fruits for body, and woodsy taste)
FA Royal soft flavor, nice
FA RY4 soft, dry-ish
FA Tuscan Reserve, mild
FA Virginia, good, but there's probably better out there.
TFA French Pipe, smooth, soft at 1%
VZ Honey Flue Cured, very mild
VZ Yuco SCG, not sweet or strong .. but way overpriced for the flavor
VZ Desert Ship, good, but HS is better

Yuck (to me) .. in the "donate" box :p
INA Nutty Princess, no flavor
INA Smoke and Prunes, so-so, (no prunes)
FA Liquid Amber, requires a high %, but is a good background blender used in fruits.
FA Oba Oba, fruity, no tobacco taste
TFA Cowboy, strong, cigar-ish, only good if really diluted
TFA DK Tobacco, strong, leaves a strong after taste.
TFA M-Type, strong, taste stays with you.
TFA Smooth, no taste
TFA Tobacco Absolute, strong, grassy
FW Honey Wood, no flavor
FW Maple Rum, so-so
VZ 555SC, strong
VZ B&H, so-so, mild, "grows"
VZ Seven Stars, no flavor
German.. White Lion, just so-so

My taste buds are kinda shot, so don't judge the juice on my recommendations, but, if others mention that they feel the same way about these flavors, it may have some merit after all.

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA

HS Arabic has a distinct cedar note to me. Arabic is one of the more unusual HS tobaccos. Kinda stands on its own compared to other popular flavors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread