The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Favorite tobacco flavoring discussion - Tobacco flavoring discussion only

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by dannyv45, Apr 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Just1Fixxx

Just1Fixxx Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 27, 2014
    Ohio
    I enjoy it fresh... but it does get better with age. I am vaping some now that I mixed up this afternoon.

2. Exchaner

Exchaner Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 29, 2013
    California
    I've been vaping it for over two years, but can't touch the stuff when fresh. Amazing how people are different. Wish I was like you ...

3. GaryInTexas

GaryInTexas Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 20, 2013
    NE Texas, USA
    I mainly use Hangsen- USA Red 6% with a drop per ml of INW DNB. Also really like HS RY1 7% and HS Arabic 5%. Just started using VZ SC RealCig at 2.5% last week. This is the most realistic cig flavoring I've ever tried. So I have very enjoyable tobacco vapes to rotate with my fruit vapes.

• Like Like x 1
  4. dannyv45

dannyv45 ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 12, 2013
    New Jersey
    All very good flavors and the inawera DNB goes good with any hangsen tobacco in need of a little kick in the ash:).

• Like Like x 1
  5. JD1

JD1 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nov 20, 2010
    KY
    I'm having quite a bit of fun with the Inawera Gold Ducat flavor as well. From some of the reviews I've read, it's supposed to have a slight honey flavor to it. I don't get that or else I don't know what a little honey in tobacco is supposed to taste like lol.

Anyways, it is an unusual (for me) flavor and goes excellent with a good hot cup of coffee.

Ina Gold Ducat 3%
    Rustica TA 1%
    Ina Vanilla 2%
    FA Oak Wood 1%
    TFA Sweetener .5%
    TFA AP .5%

Brew pot of coffee, sit back and enjoy lol. :vapor:

• Like Like x 3
  6. Art Mustel

Art Mustel Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 24, 2009
    Wow what a recipe, JD1! Sounds delicious.
    I don't find any honey in the Gold Ducat, but I don't find any tobacco in it either, so your mix should help it a lot.
    To me, there are 2 tobacco flavors that are very "honeish" without having the Honey word in its name. one is Inawera cavendish (more subtle), and the other Tobacco Express "Huanghelou. This one is a heavy honey with a very well balanced tobacco. it is the most realistic honey flavor you can find.

The Inawera vanilla in your recipe is not Vanilla for Tobacco, is it?

7. tierrataz

tierrataz Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 2, 2011
    soCal
    Inawera was a miss for me.
    Hangsen Indian is my go to. I do have a few on the wish list based on flavor notes around here. Even though Ry1 is reported to be nut free, my pallet picks up peanut. Yuk.
    Looking for a cedar note tobacco . Any thoughts? I tried molecules but got baby powder taste & feel at various concentrations.

• Like Like x 1
  8. dannyv45

Apr 12, 2013
    New Jersey
    That recipe sounds awesome. A good change up from that would be to drop the vanilla and add half a percent to 1% inawera honey and what you'll wind up with is an out of this world honey tobacco. You'll get a straight from the jar fresh natural light honey taste. The inawera honey I found is the best to create your honey tobaccos. Most other honeys are candyish and far to sweet for tobacco but this stuff is a not to sweet straight from the hive tasting honey.

Honey-INW - Bull City Vapor

9. JD1

Nov 20, 2010
    KY
    Inawera Blend has a faint cedar taste that comes in right at the end of the exhale. It's very well done and I like it but the thing is that off times brands will have a certain sort of common flavor and if other Inawera's are a miss for you then this one might be also.

10. JD1

Nov 20, 2010
    KY
    Yeal the tobacco is strange and could be a synthetic I guess. The Rustica bumps it up nice though. The vanilla is Ina Wanilia K.

I'll have to try some. It might go well with some other flavors I have as well. Honey almond sounds good on paper at least lol.

11. dannyv45

Apr 12, 2013
    New Jersey
    One thing I can tell you about the TFA black honey is you need to give it at least 5 weeks to steep or it will have a perfumy chemical taste and smell. Once steeped those smells go away and it turns into a decent vape. It's far to sweet for my palet but if it's a sweet vape your looking for in a honey tobacco this is it.

ry4 double and acetyl pyrazine go well together if your looking for an RY4 with a nutty note but again ry4d is very sweet and lacks tobacco taste. It's in fact one of the sweetest ry4's Ive tasted. RY4 will need 4 weeks steep time.

• Like Like x 1
  12. dannyv45

Apr 12, 2013
    New Jersey
    A really good review of some very popular tobacco flavors....Great job.

13. dannyv45

Apr 12, 2013
    New Jersey
    The FA virginia is a very good basic cig like vape and your very smart to bring out that ashy true cig taste with TFA's TA. The TA that TFA sold was a true virginia TA so it goes very well with the flavoring you use. I myself still have some left from one of there last batches. Adding EM is very smart because it melds the flavoring and TA together nicely but be careful with it because using to much will mute the tobacco taste. I generally add no more then half a percent to my tobaccos to add a thickness and body to the vape.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Exchaner

Exchaner Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 29, 2013
    California
    Is 7Leaves made by Flavor West as well as by Flavor Art? I'd like to try it if they do.

15. Aurora-Oblivion

Aurora-Oblivion Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 18, 2012
    Isle of the Wizards
    FW has Tobacco 7, not sure if that's what AlterUrEgo meant, or maybe another vendor relabeled it as 7Leaves?
    http://flavorwest.com/index.php/water-soluble-flavoring/fw-branded-tobacco-7.html

Inawera makes one, I think it's "spicy" and/or what you might consider bright :)
    TINO, D',MILANO, INAWERA,E-AROMAT, E-FLAVOUR, TINO D MILANO, TINO DI MILANO - E-AROMAT,7, leaves,INAWERA, E-????????????,E-flavour, E-arôme 7 feuilles d?Inawe - Inawera to najlepsze produkty w swojej kategorii

16. Slots

Slots Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 20, 2012
    Eastern Wa.
    Can you give a short description of the flavor please .. it sounds good.

I'm super familiar with the AP Danny, but what are the others, and what do they add to a mix :confused:
    Also, because the AP is so strong, I put some of it in another bottle and diluted it 50/50 with PG. So now I have the strong bottle, and a milder one to work with.

I just mix up a small 2ml batch of each flavor (solo) I have, to find out if it taste good, how strong it is, and what I think it will add to a recipe, even if it's a good one on it's own.
    For a small test, I run it through the e-juice-me-up calculator and mix it right in the bottle using "drops" right from the PG, VG, and flavoring bottles.
    Fast and easy. This works for just testing a flavor, not a good way to mix the larger bottles.
    I also mix about four weeks ahead of myself, so everything is steeped. The tobacco's need it, to mature.
    When you get down to about 4 weeks worth left, mix up a bunch more ..especially for the tobacco's or recipes with more than one flavor.
    Fruits, you can pretty much shake and vape, but not tobacco's if you want the best flavor they have to give.

Right on .. I was surprised when I first tried it, that it wasn't sweet, but had the flavor of honey ... good stuff to work with.

Ok, here go's ... these were the results of tasting solo only.
    Yummy flavors (for me)
    HS Desert Ship (beats all others DS) ...
    HS Flue Cured, mild ,smooth
    HS Golden V1, yums
    HS Highway, Yums
    HS Indian, Yums
    FA Dark Vapirs (1%), it's strong, but good
    TFA RY4 Double
    TFA Tobacco Blend
    VZ Island SC, has soft pineapple taste, more "tropical" than tobacco
    VZ Parliament SC
    VZ Dunhill, soft, cigar-ish, on the sweet side.
    German Arabian, yums
    German Brazilian, yums

Good, but not special (for me)
    HS RY4
    HS Tab Blended
    INA Gold Ducat, good, on the sweet side
    FA 7 Leaves, good, but on the dry side
    FA Black Fire
    FA Desert Ship good, but HS is better
    FA Shade, mild
    FA Maxx Blend
    FA Oakwood, strong, (good additive in fruits for body, and woodsy taste)
    FA Royal soft flavor, nice
    FA RY4 soft, dry-ish
    FA Tuscan Reserve, mild
    FA Virginia, good, but there's probably better out there.
    TFA French Pipe, smooth, soft at 1%
    VZ Honey Flue Cured, very mild
    VZ Yuco SCG, not sweet or strong .. but way overpriced for the flavor
    VZ Desert Ship, good, but HS is better

Yuck (to me) .. in the "donate" box :p
    INA Nutty Princess, no flavor
    INA Smoke and Prunes, so-so, (no prunes)
    FA Liquid Amber, requires a high %, but is a good background blender used in fruits.
    FA Oba Oba, fruity, no tobacco taste
    TFA Cowboy, strong, cigar-ish, only good if really diluted
    TFA DK Tobacco, strong, leaves a strong after taste.
    TFA M-Type, strong, taste stays with you.
    TFA Smooth, no taste
    TFA Tobacco Absolute, strong, grassy
    FW Honey Wood, no flavor
    FW Maple Rum, so-so
    VZ 555SC, strong
    VZ B&H, so-so, mild, "grows"
    VZ Seven Stars, no flavor
    German.. White Lion, just so-so

My taste buds are kinda shot, so don't judge the juice on my recommendations, but, if others mention that they feel the same way about these flavors, it may have some merit after all.

• Like Like x 10
  17. JD1

Nov 20, 2010
    KY
    That's a great list Slots, thanks for sharing. Also it reminded me that I liked the FA Royal back when I tried it, especially when mixed with other tobaccos. I may have to pick up another bottle on my next order.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Alter

Alter Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 2, 2013
    BC Canada
    I goofed. The 7Leaves is I have is FlavorArt. I'll edit my original post.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Bob Chill

Bob Chill Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 22, 2013
    Sans Nom, USA
    HS Arabic has a distinct cedar note to me. Arabic is one of the more unusual HS tobaccos. Kinda stands on its own compared to other popular flavors.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Bob Chill

Bob Chill Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 22, 2013
    Sans Nom, USA
    I have HS Gold and Silver and Virginia that I haven't mixed yet. They both smell like typical HS tobaccos (which is a good thing of course). I was going to mix straight with no additive @ 6% today and see what I think. Anything unusual with these flavors?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.