Status
Not open for further replies.

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
I am wondering what will happen to vape shops after the FDA regulations are put in place in 2 years. Will they disappear completely or just become rare? Will tobacco shops still sell any vaping products? Will good Mods still be available to buy?

As currently written vape shops will all be gone in 2 or less years. I doubt many will bother staying open the full 2 years even if they came. Almost all the juice will be gone and thats where the money is.

Reactions: bnrkwest

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
It is sad, we really don't know how bad things will be but it is not looking good. Vape will be managed as a tobacco product and vape shops will have to be licensed as tobacco sellers & manufacturers in their state. This on top of the deeming requirements to apply for their vape products to be approved by FDA which will cost thousands if not millions of dollars. Sad day for the vape world.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Unless something changes, FDA regulation as it's laid out will likely leave only closed system cigalikes available through licensed tobacco dealers - gas stations, party stores and tobacco shops. Tobacco shops may have a broader choice of cigalikes, but they will be pretty much what Big Tobacco offers now. I don't think any mods will be available through retail channels in the US.

Unless something changes.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
My local vape shop, whose owner runs at least three shops in different small towns, said he will be closed forever within two years.

Only the small cigarette-size vaporizers will be "grandfathered" in with the new regulations, because they were around in 2007. Everything else made post-2007 (which is 99% of what is sold online and in vape shops) will need to be approved by expensive applications by the FDA by 2018. As most manufacturers and shops are small "mom & pop" businesses, hardly any will be able to afford the application process. The FDA didn't create an all out ban, but the application process will eliminate all but Big Tobacco's offerings in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread