ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
FDA seizes marketing documents from e-cig maker Juul

I found this quote to be a bit disturbing:

"It's now clear to me, that in closing the on-ramp to kids, we're going to have to narrow the off-ramp for adults who want to migrate off combustible tobacco and onto e-cigs," FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb said in a statement at the time.

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
Even though I relapsed back to cigs after 3+ years of Vaping, I’m slowly working my way back and hate these new regulations they want to pass. Especially banning online sales of e-cigs, I can’t imagine paying B&M store prices. Also most B&Ms are limited.

I already started stocking up years ago, but I would like some newer equipment to use and stock away, just don’t have the money right now. I don’t Vape at very high level wattages often, so I really wanted some Hana V4’s that someone was selling cheap on Ebay, plan was to swap the DNA-40 board to the DNA-60.
Some build kits for DNA 200’s would be nice aswell.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Even though I relapsed back to cigs after 3+ years of Vaping, I’m slowly working my way back and hate these new regulations they want to pass. Especially banning online sales of e-cigs, I can’t imagine paying B&M store prices. Also most B&Ms are limited.

I already started stocking up years ago, but I would like some newer equipment to use and stock away, just don’t have the money right now. I don’t Vape at very high level wattages often, so I really wanted some Hana V4’s that someone was selling cheap on Ebay, plan was to swap the DNA-40 board to the DNA-60.
Some build kits for DNA 200’s would be nice aswell.

I just bought 3 HCigar DNA 75D (75C Chip, Dual Battery) mods from Gear Best for $70 each. I have been using one for the last year and like it that much. I want to get a few more Serpent SMM's and a bit more nic to be ready.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I find it disturbing that the FDA can do a "Surprise Inspection" at a company's HQ (as opposed to a manufacturing facility) to seize "Marketing Documents". Are these clowns unaware of of several of the Amendments that comprise our Bill of Rights, specifically the First and Fourth?

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Yes, they are allowed to do so. They are empowered to inspect any facility under their jurisdiction without notice. Juul falls under their jurisdiction by virtue of the TCA and deeming regulations.

This is not unheard of from a regulatory perspective. They do the same with pharmaceutical manufacturers to assure compliance and good manufacturing practices. They should have more inspectors to do that both in and out of the US. Many active ingredients are made overseas. More aggressive inspections might have avoided the recent finding of carcinogens included with the active ingredients for a common blood pressure pill.

Now, why that was done against Juul at this point in time is unknown. They already were under a 60 day time frame to provide the FDA with all their marketing materials and steps to avoid under age sales.

My bet this was a political act, both to satisfy the antivaping crowd and maybe knock some other news stories down. Not that as much as it may seem to us, I doubt it diverted the average person from the supreme court drama. But they may have been under orders to try.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
FDA seizes marketing documents from e-cig maker Juul

I found this quote to be a bit disturbing:

"It's now clear to me, that in closing the on-ramp to kids, we're going to have to narrow the off-ramp for adults who want to migrate off combustible tobacco and onto e-cigs," FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb said in a statement at the time.

Yeah... That is Kinda a Disturbing Comment from the current head of the FDA.

But what I find More Disturbing is there Doesn't seem to be a Narrative as to what the FDA's next action will be if Teen Vaping Rates Don't Plummet after the FDA Removes Flavored e-Liquids from the market?

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
But what I find More Disturbing is there Doesn't seem to be a Narrative as to what the FDA's next action will be if Teen Vaping Rates Don't Plummet after the FDA Removes Flavored e-Liquids from the market?

Ban teens. Problem solved.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Yeah... That is Kinda a Disturbing Comment from the current head of the FDA.

Reiterating what I have already said in another thread on this topic(altho slightly different wording)......they cannot replace the parents authority over the children. If a parent knows their kid is going to either smoke or vape no matter what....they probably would want a safer alternative to smoking. Having said that, the FDA knows this isn't going to plummet statistics. But they have to appear as if they are actually trying to do something about it. They know it will fail no matter what they do because it is the nature of kids to partake in the forbidden fruit just as it was with cigarettes and alcohol and sex.

The 1 thing that Congress told them they could not do is to ban vaping. What a joke when they can sure make it next to impossible for any parts to be obtained if they want to.

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
I would HATE to “have” to buy E-Cigs from B&M shops, not that I haven’t bought from them before or don’t like supporting them but some charge $30-60 more than its selling online for. Haven’t been to one in years now but, the mods I did get back then such as The Sigelei Mini 30W, IPV Mini V2, iTaste VTR and a couple others were way overpriced and I just can’t pay those prices again. Lol little rant needed

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Reiterating what I have already said in another thread on this topic(altho slightly different wording)......they cannot replace the parents authority over the children. If a parent knows their kid is going to either smoke or vape no matter what....they probably would want a safer alternative to smoking. Having said that, the FDA knows this isn't going to plummet statistics. But they have to appear as if they are actually trying to do something about it. They know it will fail no matter what they do because it is the nature of kids to partake in the forbidden fruit just as it was with cigarettes and alcohol and sex.

Yeah, That is about the Sum and Substance of it.

So... if Flavors are Gone, and Nothing really changes, there is about a Zero Chance that the FDA would Repeal a Flavor Ban.

So Doesn't the FDA go after On-Line Sales next?

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Yeah, That is about the Sum and Substance of it.

So... if Flavors are Gone, and Nothing really changes, there is about a Zero Chance that the FDA would Repeal a Flavor Ban.

So Doesn't the FDA go after On-Line Sales next?
That would seem logical as a next step. I really hope that vapers vote. But wondering if there is enough to even make a dent on the overall scheme of things.

Just be sure you have all you need to get you through your life span and then leave it to someone who will take care of it and enjoy it. So much for the land of the free.....

When this is finished they will go after America's horrible eating habits. Using something like health care is just so costly, we won't let you partake in the foods that put on weight or cause health problems. I hope I do not live long enough to see that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread