Feeling like I don't like either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avi8tor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Just had fun getting over a stomach virus.
Didn't vape at all for 3 - 4 days and when I picked it back up, I didn't like it.

So....went out and bought a pack of smokes. Got half way through the first one and put it out. Tasted nasty. I mean really nasty.

Not even sure why I'm trying to replicate that taste in my ejuices. Even stranger was that I get more throat hit out of vaping.

Very strange for me.

Anyone experience this? I was really in love with vaping. Now...well meh.

R/Avi

Scootaloo

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2012
United Kingdom
Well if your done and you seriously don't' want to anymore then just move on in life:

However if you want to continue vaping then maybe wait till you've recovered for a bit, or maybe try a new flavor instead and try something else, or drop down the nicotine levels :)

Also yes I've had similar experiences: sometimes when I feel a bit under the weather, vaping (and smoking back when I smoked) made me feel worse and irratated: I often got back into it when I'd had time to get back to normal though.

Last edited:

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
If you're over the addiction, then I agree that you should just stay stopped. What happened to you also happened to me, but I knew I still needed "something". I couldn't smoke cuz it was nasty, and I couldn't vape because I was reacting to my juices but loved the act of vaping. I found Swedish Snus, and that allowed me to vape less frequently and still get my fix without smoking. Now that my reactions are controlled, I have no problem with vaping and I still love doing it.

Maybe you're done with both--that would be great if that was your end goal!

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
I've heard from some vaping store managers that many people just vape until they're done smoking, then quit vaping altogether.

Sure. We have people here right now who quit vaping for two years - and came back to it when a full blown smoking relapse was staring them straight in the face.

All I'm saying is never say never and all that jazz. Not one to say that after smoking for 30 years I found something magic in vaping that made all that history just disappear in a couple of months. The OP might be done with vaping in short order, or they could just still be sick and nothing much involving their stomach or sense of taste is still all that appealing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread