Status
Not open for further replies.

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
I find it strange there was no warning process to include formal reprimands before dismissal. At my previous employer many were caught indoors with analogues during the very cold weather. Not so hard to catch since the odor was present. I was also charged with enforcement of other employees. I would always give one "Unofficial" warning and ask them to step outside. If ignored a formal process was instituted. Even so at least one warning was issued in writing before dismissal. Check the company policy book. You may have a wrongful discharge situation which can be pursued legally.

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
Yea, that sucks. That is very drastic though. I cannot believe you did receive a warning. Sounds like it was a strict place to work, and I am sure you will find or have found a better work environment. As for the weird tattle tales...they need to grow up. If it bothered them they should have talked to you first before going straight to the boss.

Bosco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
San Antonio
It always sucks to lose a job involuntarily but, from reading your posts OP, I think you're better off. Not allowing vaping is one thing but to be hauled in a fired on the spot for it is pretty extreme. And for your boss to say "doesn't matter, you offended somebody. You're done" . . .that's not a particularly smart way to fire somebody.

Regardless of what you actually think, you always fire somebody by the same process . .ie . .you warn them, document the behavior, create "action plans", call them into a meeting with HR, etc . . .you don't pound your fist on the desk and yell "You're Fired!". The very best way to fire somebody is to make their life so miserable (ie - with "action plans", demotions, etc) that they quit. Your former boss must be a rather large idiot.

Dani8kt

Jan 30, 2014
United States
I don't know your current living situation but I say you are better off. You handled the issue very well mannered in ALL aspects. And the first thing those ladies think is to turn you in? What kind of people/coworkers are those? I know you will always have douche nozzles around the workplace but come on! I say collect unemployment if possible and then find what you deserve. A decent place to work! Sorry that happened to you!! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread