Not open for further replies.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
It only takes one ..... to get the ball rolling. :facepalm:

In any direction. I was reading a thread the other day that a member started because he was disappointed in the mod he recently bought. Now granted, it was obvious the OP was clueless (blaming the mod instead of the delivery device) and had the audacity (shudder!) to call the mod a pieces of cr@p while in the heat of frustration, but he was accused of being a troll and ended up apologizing for his post - not for being clueless, but for calling the mod a piece of cr@p. Love is in the air...

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
Someone in Hawaii posted and said a carton was over $100.00, I think that's true for NYC too. Eeek!

three years ago in Anchorage Alaska a carton at fred meyers cost 96 bucks,,i have no idea what they are now since there are more taxes in place !! a lot of people come down to where i am and buy them 30-40 bucks cheaper

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Ahhh it must be spring, love is in the air...

OP asked a question about the performance of a couple of different batteries compared to each other. Out of nowhere:

"I have the EFest and they are fine. Don't know about the other one. AWs are the most expensive and I think it's really a cult thing....like Provaris...LOL"

smiley-bangheadonwall-yellow.gif

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
Ahhh it must be spring, love is in the air...

OP asked a question about the performance of a couple of different batteries compared to each other. Out of nowhere:

"I have the EFest and they are fine. Don't know about the other one. AWs are the most expensive and I think it's really a cult thing....like Provaris...LOL"

smiley-bangheadonwall-yellow.gif
We all know paying a buck or two more for a battery that we know has passed a quality standard (but is otherwise the exact same fricking thing) elevates one to culthood.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
We all know paying a buck or two more for a battery that we know has passed a quality standard (but is otherwise the exact same fricking thing) elevates one to culthood.

Off topic...actually no, it's back to the original topic. The lovely lady who gave you grief posted on a thread I started. Having read her comments, I can state with absolute certainty that she wasn't ragging on you solely based on antiProvarism. She is an idiot.

Last edited:

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
Wow on the receiving end. All I can say is which one of my mods do you want to hate on?
And I forgot to include a few of them. Pick one or two or however many you want. You don't own them and you don't vape on them. So how can someone hate them.

Attachments

• PV Family01.jpg
    PV Family01.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 38
  • PV Family02.jpg
    PV Family02.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 32
  • PV Family03.jpg
    PV Family03.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 66
  • pv 012.jpg
    pv 012.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 440

GIMike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2009
Around OKC, OK
I joined this thread, thinking of how ironic it is that so many ProV people think there are so many ProV haters out there, and yet I haven't seen it. Has anybody made a thread about ProV worshippers dissing anybody who doesn't have a ProV? I read the first 2 pages of this: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/provari/381232-provari-oscope-vs-vamo.html and just couldn't believe it. Somebody gave his opinion that differed from a ProV worshipper, and basically got told that if he wanted a supermodel, to pick a ProVari, and quit chasing fat women. Really? Do people who think they get hated on so much, not see how much hate they spread? I know there are haters out there, don't get me wrong, but having a different opinion on something doesn't equal hate. If you believe that, you've got some serious issues.

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
I joined this thread, thinking of how ironic it is that so many ProV people think there are so many ProV haters out there, and yet I haven't seen it. Has anybody made a thread about ProV worshippers dissing anybody who doesn't have a ProV? I read the first 2 pages of this: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/provari/381232-provari-oscope-vs-vamo.html and just couldn't believe it. Somebody gave his opinion that differed from a ProV worshipper, and basically got told that if he wanted a supermodel, to pick a ProVari, and quit chasing fat women. Really? Do people who think they get hated on so much, not see how much hate they spread? I know there are haters out there, don't get me wrong, but having a different opinion on something doesn't equal hate. If you believe that, you've got some serious issues.
What a great idea for a thread! You really should read the thread that spawned this thread. The link is in the original post in this thread.

As for your other concerns, most ProV owners own other mods and are happy to recommend other mods to people. And yeah, ProV owners get tired of having every last new thing coming out of China proclaimed to be a ProVari Killer. Or having mods that routinely fail within months compared to a ProVari and being told that they are just as durable. Or telling newbies that they shouldn't try a ProVari until they have tried mods A,B and C first. But the biggest problem we have, is with people who have never used or owned a ProVari, yet who think that their mod is a better recommendation than a ProVari, even when it does not fit the requirements of the requester.

That being said, I think it's equally obnoxious when someone says they want to try something to see if they like vaping, or when someone says I have $50 to spend and the answer is "buy a ProVari." That does not happen very often these days though.

There are only about 4 or 5 people that routinely bait and troll the ProVari threads, and I don't count them in the ranks of ProVari haters. They just enjoy stirring the pot.

EDIT:
Somebody gave his opinion that differed from a ProV worshipper, and basically got told that if he wanted a supermodel, to pick a ProVari, and quit chasing fat women.
Is this the post you were referring to?

"I hear ya.It's kinda like one of my little brothers friends. He has a deep appreciating for really large women and occasionally gets teased about it.

The difference is he accepts the fact that his tastes lie outside the norm and doesnt try to insist that everyone else is wrong. Im sure if he allowed himself to take it personal like some do here that he wouldnt be a very happy camper."
If so, you have really, really misunderstood it and taken it out of context.

Last edited:

GIMike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2009
Around OKC, OK
If you wanted to pick that particular post as a reference to my comment, then yes, it wouldn't make sense. But in general, that's the feeling I get when I read about ProV Worshippers. It seems as if any comments made about other devices are sub standard just like the devices, and are even worth reading, so they'll just make fun of them instead. Hate begets hate. That's all I'm saying.

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
Yeah I hate everyone that uses a specific model of things. It's weird. I hate people who drive Fords and people that use Duke's mayo. Makes a lot of sense really. Super shallow, that's me.

Next time you quote me in a thread, try quoting the post I was responding to as well.

Sure. I don't have a problem with that:
Its funny watching the non provari believers try to justify their cheapy china mods ,Even with non-debatable charts provided

Some people will just never "get it" !!

If "it" is an arrogant attitude because your PV cost more than mine, that causes you to ignore simple physics, then I don't want "it"

I'd also like to point out the Denali_41 didn't quote you or even reply to one of your comments, he made a generalized statement. You assumed or choose to believe that he was talking specifically to you, and you responded accordingly. The "get it" reference is an inside joke and refers to PBusardo's review. A review in which he mocks the view point of ProVari owners as cultists.

EDIT: He also vapes a ProVari and says the now classic line, "Now I get it!" But, whatever, since it's obvious that you never will, since you've stated as much several times.

Last edited:

Day

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Raleigh, NC
Well I for one am curious how denali's comment in any way was helpful to the discussion we were (trying) to have about voltage cycles per second. There's only so many people in the thread he could have been referring to, no need to be obtuse about it. You guys should listen to GIMike because you're bringing this so called hate on yourself with condescending, unnecessary posts that in no way are helpful to the conversation.

That thread could have genuinely been about how many cycles per second are sufficient to heat a coil with no temperature fluctuation, but you and many others turned into a Provari vs everyone else clusterfrack.

I don't care if you guys have diamond encrusted gold plated provaris. Congratulations, it really makes absolutely no difference to me. I was trying to correct misinformation in that thread, but it seems everyone would rather have a pissing match about who's mod costs more.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread