RDA Flavor chaser RDA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

taylord22

Verified Member
Jan 5, 2015
IL
I'm surprised there's not more mention of the Aeolus on here. I was thinking about splurging for one -- anyone able to compare it against the Derringer and Marquis? Grimm and Rip both raved about its overall performance, but specifically called out the flavor. I would have pulled the trigger already had their been more of a user base for it.

Aeolus RDA : Copper - Syntheticloud

DonnyX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2014
Spotswood, New Jersey, United States
The Marquis on the Atermon mod
57c86b8efb6730ab3cd54e526d191454.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chickentender

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2014
Seattle
I'm a big fan of the Youde Jakiro. It's a very cheap China made authentic atty ($21 from Eciggity) with a reduced chamber and a leak resistant design. The main drawback of this atty is the non-adjustable 510 which means it won't work on a hybrid connection.

Jakiro RDA by Youde - Eciggity

I very much like the look/idea of that - looks like a slightly taller IGO-W with an inner cap, higher airflow holes and taller all around. Is it 22mm or smaller than that?

whosrandy

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2013
I have a flavor chaser thread in the coil section you should check out. I also favor flavor over clouds but find that small chamber RDAS aren't my preference.

My favorites at the moment are the CLT V2+ and Mutation X. You can get GREAT flavor with each but it's all about your build. Hop on the Fused Clapton train and enjoy airy flavorful clouds =)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

snow blind

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
PA
Like Verb said- reduced chamber size is key to flavor.

My top picks for flavor attys are: Doge, Freakshow, Mutation X, Holmes and CLTv2.

I own all of the with exception of the last one. If I had to pick a favorite based on flavor alone, I would have to say freakshow. However, due to it's problems with leaking/difficulty of building, it's in my #3 spot as overall favorite atty. My favorite with all things considered would be the Doge, with the Mutation X running a close 2nd. Well-built, easy to build, awesome flavor, reasonable price and no leaks.

Reduced chamber does equal flavor... the atomizers you listed are HUGE compared to the current reduced chamber atomizers like the Derringer, Bambino, Marquis and FreakShow Mini. I personally find all of those "cloud chaser" atomizers to be wispy and flavorless when compared to a Derringer or Marquis.

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
Reduced chamber does equal flavor... the atomizers you listed are HUGE compared to the current reduced chamber atomizers like the Derringer, Bambino, Marquis and FreakShow Mini. I personally find all of those "cloud chaser" atomizers to be wispy and flavorless when compared to a Derringer or Marquis.

Do you have a Freakshow Mini? Is it worth picking up if I already have a Derringer? I agree, the Marquis is fantastic. I have the Freakshow V2 and, while I liked it at first, I find that its flavor is lacking. Probably because I didn't have the Marquis yet. Heh. I was also eyeballing the Cascata that I saw on VaporDNA and I think I want to pick up a Tugboat V2 and an Aeolus.

Don't know that I would call the freakshow or doge "huge", but then again I haven't tried any of those you mentioned. Looks like I'll be buying a new atty this weekend! lol

snow blind

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
PA
Don't know that I would call the freakshow or doge "huge", but then again I haven't tried any of those you mentioned. Looks like I'll be buying a new atty this weekend! lol

Very nice! There all amazing RDA's. The Derringer is probably my current fav... as is the Bambino (i've only tried one, still cant find one in stock anywhere) is pretty much identical but with a nicer top cap, no AFC and less easy to build on deck. For a size comparison... here's the Derringer.

m2Q3AJ0l.jpg

That's why the vapor is so warm, dense and "raw" so to speak. Everything is as small as possible which means it the shortest distance possible from vapor creation to your mouth/lungs.

Very nice! There all amazing RDA's. The Derringer is probably my current fav... as is the Bambino (i've only tried one, still cant find one in stock anywhere) is pretty much identical but with a nicer top cap, no AFC and less easy to build on deck. For a size comparison... here's the Derringer.

m2Q3AJ0l.jpg

That's why the vapor is so warm, dense and "raw" so to speak. Everything is as small as possible which means it the shortest distance possible from vapor creation to your mouth/lungs.

Oh wow! It's much smaller than I realized. Now I see where you're coming from with the "huge" comment. :)

There's only one thing left to say about your picture.......How can I get the Derringer sooner than this weekend!? lol Perhaps my local B&M has one in stock.

Thanks for the pic.

snow blind

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
PA
Oh wow! It's much smaller than I realized. Now I see where you're coming from with the "huge" comment. :)

There's only one thing left to say about your picture.......How can I get the Derringer sooner than this weekend!? lol Perhaps my local B&M has one in stock.

Thanks for the pic.

Yeah, it's a complete shock seeing/using one the first time... VERY tiny!

I doubt that any B&M's have Derringers.... they're always sold out all over the place as soon as the latest batch is released. You can however probably score a high quality clone from your B&M. I know my local's have a variety of Derringer clones from different manufacturers... all of very nice quality.

Yeah, it's a complete shock seeing/using one the first time... VERY tiny!

I doubt that any B&M's have Derringers.... they're always sold out all over the place as soon as the latest batch is released. You can however probably score a high quality clone from your B&M. I know my local's have a variety of Derringer clones from different manufacturers... all of very nice quality.

Okay cool. Thanks so much for the info! I'll start my search this evening.

It really depends on the build. Cloud chasing atomizers by definition require high wattage to get decent flavour out of them and don't work well at lower wattages. I can get excellent flavour out of a Troll or Mutation X, but I have to run it at 80-100W.

eLefAdEr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2013
Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Just received a legit Veritas from a friend (I know I owe him big time!) and tossed in a simple 1Ω single coil... it's performing like a dual on my Smok M80 Plus. Really impressive.

I have 3 Origen clones and absolutely love them equally. Building coils isn't the easiest thing in the world but it gets better with practice. I now keep the outer caps off of my Origens for increased airflow.

An honorable mention for the Cerberus too, if you fancy 28mm attys. Mine is going to be permanently fixed on a Hades (for the hybrid look and performance) and with a triple coil setup on twisted 30g at 0.6Ω, everything I put into it is delicious.

I have a Derringer clone on its way to me and it won't be here for at least a few weeks, but I'm very much looking forward to putting it to the test!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread