Flux Nectar Flavor Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloydianSlip

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2013
The Astral Plane
Ok here is my take on another Flux I am really coming to enjoy... Dulce De Leche. It really is a nice light not overly sweet vape with a very smooth flavor. I had a hard time coming up with a solid description until last night when my GF and I had dinner out last eve at our favorite mexican restaurant and then it hit me when we finished our meal with some amazing flan for dessert. That is when it hit me. To my taste buds this juice tastes like a very well made "Flan" (sort of a creamy custard with caramel type topping for those who have never heard of "flan") This is a really nice flavor but if you are used to stronger more pronounced sweets it may be too light. As always your mileage may vary and no one else has the same taste buds as me so this is purely subjective of course. :)

Take care and keep vapin' :vapor:

FloydianSlip

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2013
The Astral Plane
Floyd's Fluxological Discoveries---The Journey Continues...

Ok so I got my new Tama Starclassic snare drum and after a brief run through some rudiments on it...oh crap wrong item on wrong forum...

"shuffles through the cornucopia of brightly colored post-it notes surrounding the periphery of his computer monitor" ahhhh here it is...

Crushing The Caramel Apple...

Well after dinner I was hankering for a "sweet treat" type vape and thought it would be perfect to take this one for a spin so to say. Loaded up my shiny ProTank2 and began to vape...very nice flavor! :) The apple note is bright on first impact with the taste buds...just the right balance of sweet and tart like a green apple should be. The caramel note was there as well though a bit faint and more noticeable on the exhale rather than the inhale. However after about an hour I noticed the caramel note was dropping off somewhat to the point it felt more like I was vaping a straight up apple type vape. I modified my exhale to be more slow to allow it to sit on the taste buds longer and this helped somewhat.

I'd also been vaping hard during the day with a stronger juice of a different flavor nature so maybe my taste buds were a bit tired as well. I know I was as it was a long day. All in all this is a nice juice that I can see ordering again but I am going to see if a little steep time may help balance it a bit more so that caramel becomes a bit more prominent.

That's all for now fellow space travelers. Peace out and vape on! :vapor:

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
I'll make it 3.
I love the crushed caramel apple. It does seem to be a juice that really benefits from steeping to bring out the complexity. I usually let it sit for at least 2-3 weeks before vaping. You can really see the color change on this one just like the strawberry whipped pie in the photo below.

Steeping.jpg

FloydianSlip

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2013
The Astral Plane
I'll make it 3.
I love the crushed caramel apple. It does seem to be a juice that really benefits from steeping to bring out the complexity. I usually let it sit for at least 2-3 weeks before vaping. You can really see the color change on this one just like the strawberry whipped pie in the photo below.

View attachment 238594

Thanks for the tip Harp and the pic. I noticed today my half used bottle of Butterscotch also has a nice deeper color tone to it than the newly acquired bottle of the same. Alas though... when I get new juice I have to give it a taste or two to see if I made a wise choice. Same thing I do before buying a case of wine for the cellar... I gotta give it a try before I buy or buy more. :)

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
guys and gals , there is a reason why our juice does need steeping for some, that has to do with freshness and the blends we use. There are many people who can simply vape the juice we make and are satisfied with them and can get the flavors out of the juice they are expecting while others can taste things they cant, this happens with all of us at many times. Im against pre steeping and always have been, I personally dont want juice thats been sitting around, oxydizing, aging, whatever you like to call it. I prefer to do that myself if it needs it and we have learned that many of our customers prefer getting their juice in the freshest state possible, that means a BASE that is prepared every few days, Flavors that are redone by me then made by the factory to our specs and sent to us and only used when your order is made. Our juice moves so fast you can rest assured you never getting stale base, nic or flavoring EVER. Some pallets arent as sensitive to fresh juice and taste things just fine but they even might prefer it more when steeped as well but they dont realize this while many of us are more experienced and have learned that steeping blends the product a little more to unleash subtle notes and brings things together a little more which usually lets out the flavor that it should be. We feel its better to deliver you FRESH and let YOU the customer steep it if you feel it needs to be

FloydianSlip

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2013
The Astral Plane
I'll echo what Badkolo said... I've been more than pleased that Flux Nectars seem very tasty and good to go upon arrival. I think it is testament to just how good the juices are and the quality of ingredients used. For me nothing beats the Butterscotch paired up with my favorite sipping libation at the end of the day.

Keep up the great work on the Flux line. :)

Peace out and vape on! :vapor:

Mimikim1234

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
Chicago
The flavors I've tried from gotvapes taste great out of the bottle, and get better (more balanced flavor) during the first couple of weeks, and then they "stabilize" (stop developing) and the flavor is consistent (yummy! lol). Truthfully, I've never been able to keep a bottle around for longer than a month, so I can't speak to what they taste like when they've been sitting around for a long time. They've obviously done a lot of in-house testing. I've gotten juices from other companies that are unvapeable at the beginning (and you have to wait days, even weeks to vape it; if you ordered it cause you're out of juice, you might have to buy an overpriced bottle of pre-steeped at the mall, like I had to: $1/ml!!!! But I digress....) and others that taste good fresh, but start to taste off as time goes on.

hazyd

Jul 31, 2013
Minnesota,USA
I have tried a bunch of flavors. My goto vape is Joosy Fruit. Always have a tank full somewhere. I find that as soon as I open a bottle I order another to make sure that it can steep. I seem to find for me that I need to let things sit and mellow for a bit to make them tasty.I like the Pina Colada Extreme for a flavor change. Strawberry peach smash is another fave that I always have on hand. Star Spangled is a bit edgy, but has some good flavor. The only that I tossed was star fruit. That one was too funky for me. Overall two thumbs from this guy.

Gypzy.Mama

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2012
Beaumont, Texas (for now)
Are my faves gone forever? Tried to order Butterscotch Blast Bacco and Colossal Caramel Bacco, but they weren't in the list. :( Are they ever coming back? Not a fan of the plain butterscotch or caramel Apple. Caramel Apple, to me, had too much apple peel flavor and not enough caramel. I really wanted the Bacco ones. Someone please tell me they'll be back!

keelalagirl55

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2011
Are my faves gone forever? Tried to order Butterscotch Blast Bacco and Colossal Caramel Bacco, but they weren't in the list. :( Are they ever coming back? Not a fan of the plain butterscotch or caramel Apple. Caramel Apple, to me, had too much apple peel flavor and not enough caramel. I really wanted the Bacco ones. Someone please tell me they'll be back!

They are listed with the other tobaccos ;)

FLüX Nectar Premium Tobacco : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread