Frustrating thing new Vapers should know in advance...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Depends on what G hit tanks you have,
One makers version of g hit tanks are glass, rebuildable, have no wicks and are designed to vaporize wax / dry herbs / essential oils / glycerin suspensions.
If you were to fill one with eliquid by design it would leak out almost as fast as you could pour it in.

The seego g hit shares only the name, they are top coil, wicks, non rebuildable.

Don't let your bad experience with this type/brand of clearos stop you from trying others.

Last edited:
1 carto not one pack different resistance different voltage output from device being used. Never tell someone new something that isn't absolutely proven to be true, because then they see that isn't the case think they are doing something wrong, and say "this vaping thing is just too difficult for me" and go back to smoking. And true story about the clearos they can be a fickle thing lol, but online buying can be a gamble. Oh yea (new to ECF been doing this for a little over a year now), suggestion, if you are new to this and have access to a shop around where you live, that has beginner kits and maybe even some mods for people ready to upgrade.... DO IT! I started with a smokless image V2 (won't get into that lol), then went to a lambo variable voltage mod with a vivi nova, and with the exception of the crap wick setup frying atomizer heads well before their time, I thought yup... this is for me... and it's not too bad. Then I went to this little shop that had just opened and that was it. They had everything from starter pen kits to RBA's (rebuildable atomizers) RDA'a (rebuildable dripping atomizers), and decent mechanical mods. I couldn't really afford anything at the time except for juice but they were happy to answer any questions I had. They showed me how to rebuild stuff gave me suggestions, and basically guided me into the world of possibilities. I love this site been using it for info but finally decided I wanted a voice on here. And with that said nothing can help you more than some in person interaction with someone who knows more about this stuff than you. And man do I wish I had that from the beginning. Happy Vaping! :vapor:

Cann0n

Jul 5, 2013
Keystoned Heights, FL
That is an immature great white shark, been trying to figure out how to ride a Kodiak brown bear next...
Aint nuthin more fun than riding somethin that can kill and eat you.

I had a soggy dream I was a spider once... lost in a woman's web...

I haven't ran into any issues with my 8 days of vaping straight. My Orange Candy tends to darken a lot toward the end. No cracking yet.

I wish at least one of the several people I've talked to and/or bought from would have told me some things. I've gone from having 6 clearomizers down to two because I didn't know anything about what I was doing.

As far as I can tell, you're pretty much safe with any tank as long as you stick to tobacco flavors (except for RY-4). But as you start collecting more flavors and more clearomizers, make sure your tanks are polypropylene or Pyrex before you buy them. Don't buy polycarbonate tanks! They crack or cloud or melt if you put...well...damn near anything in them. I've had three clearomisers destroyed by juice. One by a blackberry/blueberry mix, one by a strawberry/citrus mix, and one by a strawberry/kiwi mix. The black and blueberry was the worst, as it melted the drip tip and caused massive leakage in the tank. And since I was new to this, I didn't realize that the leakage was so out of the ordinary.

So beware, fellow new vapers. Buy pyrex (glass) or polypropylene tanks, and vape away safely.

I haven't had anything melt, but I noticed when I use my sweet/candy flavors, the juice turns very dark. Some will gunk up my clearomizers and I gave up using cartos with my sweet juices. I switched to Blue Ice (blueberry/menthol) and have been problem free, but I still prefer my clearomizers and small vivi tanks over cotton type cartos!

Not just have a backup at home, but always have two complete and filled rigs with you every time you leave the house. I have 8 various sized batteries, ego type, for travel, and a lambo for home. I keep 4bottom feeders, kanger, full all the time. I WILL NOT buy a pack of cigarettes for any reason. Lots of pieces and parts should always be on hand. It's really easy to justify the cost compared to cigarettes.

Mark Anthony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2013
Scranton, Pa USA
I wish at least one of the several people I've talked to and/or bought from would have told me some things. I've gone from having 6 clearomizers down to two because I didn't know anything about what I was doing.

As far as I can tell, you're pretty much safe with any tank as long as you stick to tobacco flavors (except for RY-4). But as you start collecting more flavors and more clearomizers, make sure your tanks are polypropylene or Pyrex before you buy them. Don't buy polycarbonate tanks! They crack or cloud or melt if you put...well...damn near anything in them. I've had three clearomisers destroyed by juice. One by a blackberry/blueberry mix, one by a strawberry/citrus mix, and one by a strawberry/kiwi mix. The black and blueberry was the worst, as it melted the drip tip and caused massive leakage in the tank. And since I was new to this, I didn't realize that the leakage was so out of the ordinary.

So beware, fellow new vapers. Buy pyrex (glass) or polypropylene tanks, and vape away safely.

You've encountered some tank crackers.... Mt Baker Vapor will give you a list of some that do it. I stick with Protank 2's that are glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread