{FSUSA} Am I wrong to be frustrated with FSUSA? ( detailed and lost post warning )

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
But you are expecting him to take responsiblity for the usps, because in the next sentence you are asking when and how he will remedy. Why does he have to remedy a usps situation. It is not his responsiblity. Now, if he sends you new juice at some point, that would be an example of great service to cover for a delivery screw up.

You asked for opinions and you are fighting everyone that doesn't agree with you.

So sorry you live in Manhattan, but you need to go to the PO or get a phone# or something. It's USPS you have the issue with, not FSUSA.

very wrong! i wish people would learn that, according to commerce laws, the vendor is ALWAYS responsible for getting the shipment to the customer, NOT to the shipper, period.

The OP received his order in 7 days after shipment.

true, and if the op would have been told 'let's wait 2 weeks before we give up on the order getting to your doorstep, all this could have been avoided

i think this thread needs to die and stop starting more and more .... over someone whos alrdy gotten his package because USPS was late.....can we just kill this now

why? this has been going on more and more with ops getting a dressing down for voicing a concern.
again, the vendor is always responsible for getting the merchandise to the customer not just to the shipper.
and if the vendor offered some consideration like the 30% discount mentioned here, he is, if i understand ecf policies right, entitled to post his OWN email to prove his point.

Last edited:

Sdh

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
U.S.
So david u keep avoiding the answer to two very simple question.

Why did u state here that u offered me a 30% discount when u never did?
Why did u accuse me of threatening u when I never did?

Like I said before its one thing to have a bad customer service but u make it personal when u lie about what I have done.

I beg u, pls show proof of thoses two things and i will happily go about my way

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Another point to keep thread open!

vex321

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
NY,NY
Thank you tiburon, sdh.

You wouldn't believe how many pms i received from who were treated like crap from fsusa.

Most people never bothered to post their rant because they didnt want to fight off the fanboys just to get their point across.

I dont think thread should die especially if there are more newbs like me who soley decided to buy from fsusa due to their rave review on ecf.

I also think that as long as his thread is alive fsusa wont dare treat any future customer the way they treated me.

David i know u are reading this... are u ever going to tell the truth about the discount u never sent me and admit that i never threatened u?

U post here time to time but keep avoiding my two simple question

Sdh

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
U.S.
Thank you tiburon, sdh.

You wouldn't believe how many pms i received from who were treated like crap from fsusa.

Most people never bothered to post their rant because they didnt want to fight off the fanboys just to get their point across.

I dont think thread should die especially if there are more newbs like me who soley decided to buy from fsusa due to their rave review on ecf.

I also think that as long as his thread is alive fsusa wont dare treat any future customer the way they treated me.

David i know u are reading this... are u ever going to tell the truth about the discount u never sent me and admit that i never threatened u?

U post here time to time but keep avoiding my two simple question

Did you ever get that discount yet?

Redbone

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2010
California
You know, all this talk about I didn't get my order in bla bla bla amount of days, nobody takes into consideration that there were postal holidays during the time. They were closed on the 11th so no shipments could possibly go out (or be received) by the post office. Due to that holiday, it probably added another 1-2 days in delays due to the amount of order volume they had to make up for during that day off. Many post offices are now pretty much closed on Saturdays as well.

Add to that the weather they are having back east and it all adds up.

As for the company having to reimburse or re-send a shipment if a customer doesn't get it in 4-5 days, that's plain ridiculous. Not too many companies would be able to stay in business and/or make a profit if that was the norm.

If the post office does lose something, the sender and end receiver must both sign documents (after the item is lost and non-delivered after 30 days) and then file the claim with USPS, AFTER which USPS will then reimburse the sender.

I like the comments people make when they make an order on Friday afternoon/evening, and wonder on Monday where there order is, I mean 'its been 3 days already and where's my stuff?'.

C'mon people, get a grip on reality here.

Redbone

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2010
California
Well, not saying it can't happen. You're in Florida, so afternoon there is Morning-ish in AZ. They were probably able to get your order out that day resulting in a 2 day transit time for which USPS Priority can do depending on the route.

If I were to choose between UPS, FedEx and USPS, i'd surely go with USPS as they are much quicker, especially when going across state lines and the cost is about 1/2 or less what UPS and FedEx would be.

vex321

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
NY,NY
You know, all this talk about I didn't get my order in bla bla bla amount of days, nobody takes into consideration that there were postal holidays during the time. They were closed on the 11th so no shipments could possibly go out (or be received) by the post office. Due to that holiday, it probably added another 1-2 days in delays due to the amount of order volume they had to make up for during that day off. Many post offices are now pretty much closed on Saturdays as well.

Add to that the weather they are having back east and it all adds up.

As for the company having to reimburse or re-send a shipment if a customer doesn't get it in 4-5 days, that's plain ridiculous. Not too many companies would be able to stay in business and/or make a profit if that was the norm.

If the post office does lose something, the sender and end receiver must both sign documents (after the item is lost and non-delivered after 30 days) and then file the claim with USPS, AFTER which USPS will then reimburse the sender.

I like the comments people make when they make an order on Friday afternoon/evening, and wonder on Monday where there order is, I mean 'its been 3 days already and where's my stuff?'.

I really wish people would take the time to read the whole post if they feel that they have something to add.

I never told him he was responsible for the delay in shipment, nor did I ask him to send out a replacement in 5-6 days.

From the beginning when it reached about 12 days since the day of ordering, I only wanted him to let me know HOW MANY MORE DAYS I SHOULD WAIT before he decides that it's lost.
If and when he decides that it's lost, WHAT HE WILL DO IN THAT CASE TO REMEDY THE SITUATION.
I told him over and over that its ok for me to wait longer, I just wanted to know how much longer.

David's closest answer to what I was looking for is that his post office takes upto 30 days to track packages.
That's the response I received. Not to mention in a very arrogant way like he doesn't want to be bothered.
I had every reason to believe that I would be out of my money if the package was lost.
Only when this thread was created, he came out and said he would never make the customer pay for the mistake of usps etc etc.

He also sent me something I didn't order in replacement of what I ordered because it was out of stock.
He didn't tell me this over email, I only found out when I actually got the package.
On the packing slip it simply said "out of stock"
Since when was it ok for the merchant to send something other than what you ordered without your ok?
Once again only when this thread was created, he came out and said he planned to send the right item to me once the materials were available.

Once this thread caught on a lot of attention, he even LIED about sending me some 30% discount which he never did.
He also lied about how I threatened and belittled him...
Everytime I ask him to prove this two statement, he goes into his hiding and doesn't reply until the page changes.

I already posted the actual emails on the first post of this message ( got deleted by admin ) but anyone who has read it will agree that a customer should not be treated in such manner.

Once again, if you want to add something here, please take the time to read through the thread before jumping to conclusion.

Last edited:

vex321

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
NY,NY

In my case, I started "questioning" him about 10 days after the order was made.
or is not that patient enough for you?

vex321

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
NY,NY
Actually ECF allows posting emails or PMs as long as the sender agrees to theiir posting.

I just read this spaky277.

I would like to ask David@FSUSA who is most certainly reading this thread and pretending not to.

If you have nothing to hide, may I post the emails that went back and forth from us?
Just in case you pretend to not read this thread anymore, I am going to PM you the same question and also EMAIL you the same question to make sure you get this question.

I give you full permission to post anything and everything I sent you privately.
I am especially looking forward to the part where I "threatened" "belittled" you.
If you can also find the email where you sent me the 30% discount ( lol ) I would greatly appreciate it.

Redbone

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2010
California
You ordered on the 7th (which wouldn't begin to be processed until the 8th at the earliest.

Sorry, since the 10th (when it went to the post office) there have been exactly 7 business days, counting today.

"He also sent me something I didn't order in replacement of what I ordered because it was out of stock."

Was this on your main order or one of the samplers? If they are out of the main juice, then yes, they should have contacted you and not substituted for something else without your consent, but if it was on a 3ml sample bottle, then I don't see a problem with it.

Nov 7th Sunday - ordered a shipment from freedomsmokeusa.com

Nov 13th Saturday - nothing received so contacted David who advised shipment was sent out on Wed Nov 10th so I decided to wait a bit more.

Nov 17th Wed - still nothing so I contacted FSUSA and David simply told me, you have the tracking number so check with USPS on when you will get the delivery. ( at this point I am slowly getting frustrated )

At this point, your package was in the USPS system (moving slowly) for a total of almost 4 days...

Nov 18th Thu - still nothing so I contacted FSUSA who simply told me that they are not responsible for the post office.

No they are not responsible for the post office taking 5 days for a delivery, nor would I be that concerned for a package taking 5 days to go from AZ to NY. It happens...

Your item was delivered at 11:42 am on November 20, 2010 in NEW YORK, NY 10025.

So all in all it took about 7 business days for your item to arrive after it was shipped processed thru the AZ sort facility, which due to holiday schedule wasn't processed until the 13th.

Normally, would it arrive quicker? More than likely, yes. A reason to get another order for free, no.

Valsacar

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2010
Seoul
very wrong! i wish people would learn that, according to commerce laws, the vendor is ALWAYS responsible for getting the shipment to the customer, NOT to the shipper, period.

Care to back that up with the actual law?

FTC:

Business Guide to the Mail and Telephone Order Merchandise Rule | BCP Business Center

Selling on the Internet: Prompt Delivery Rules | BCP Business Center

FTC Summary: Seller has 30 days (or less if they claim they ship faster, like volcano does) to SHIP it. If they cannot they must ask permission to delay it, or offer a refund in full.

U.C.C. (Uniform Commerce Code): U.C.C. - ARTICLE 2 -§2-324.

"(a) the seller must properly ship conforming goods and if they arrive by any means he must tender them on arrival but he assumes no obligation that the goods will arrive unless he has caused the non-arrival; and..."

U.C.C. Summary: Unless they did not arrive because of something FSUSA did (didn't ship it, wrong address, etc) then it is NOT THE SELLERS RESPONSIBILITY.

Law says it's the sellers job to get it to the carrier, with everything needed (fees, address, etc) in order to get to the destination, and they must do that within 30 days (or less if they claim they do it in less). Once that has been done, they are legally no longer obligated to anything. That said, most sellers will resend or reimburse to keep customers happy.

vex321

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
NY,NY
However I must respond to one of your quote since this is a new one

You wrote "Was this on your main order or one of the samplers? If they are out of the main juice, then yes, they should have contacted you and not substituted for something else without your consent, but if it was on a 3ml sample bottle, then I don't see a problem with it."

It was a 3ml sample bottle of bbq ribs which I PAID $2.25 for.
He sent me something else instead and didn't bother to tell me about it or if its ok with me.
Only when I brought this up here, he stated that he planned to send the right item to me once the materials are available

With your logic, if I goto mcdonalds and order a dollar menu cheeseburger but get a dollar menu burrito ( which is really yummy btw ) I should accept it and be ok with it because I didn't have enough for a big mac?

Last edited:

LynGBH

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2010
Not here.
I really wish people would take the time to read the whole post if they feel that they have something to add.

They probably have read it, Vex. The fansheeple are just doing their thing again. If they can't bully or shush you, obviously they need to manipulate what you say so that you seem to be at fault, and unreasonable, instead of their revered supplier.

I wouldn't take it personally. It happens every single time. It is really freaky, though.

Last edited:

vex321

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
NY,NY
They probably have read it, Vex. The fansheeple are just doing their thing again. If they can't bully or shush you, obviously they need to manipulate what you say so that you seem to be at fault and unreasonable instead of their revered supplier.

I wouldn't take it personally. It happens every single time. It is really freaky, though.

Thank you Lynn...
I will take your advice on this

dmdonald2

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2010
michigan
However I must respond to one of your quote since this is a new one

You wrote "Was this on your main order or one of the samplers? If they are out of the main juice, then yes, they should have contacted you and not substituted for something else without your consent, but if it was on a 3ml sample bottle, then I don't see a problem with it."

It was a 3ml sample bottle of bbq ribs which I PAID $2.25 for.
He sent me something instead and didn't bother to tell me about it or if its ok with me.
Only when I brought this up here, he stated that he planned to send the right item to me once the materials are available

With your logic, if I goto mcdonalds and order a dollar menu cheeseburger but get a dollar menu burrito ( which is really yummy btw ) I should accept it and be ok with it because I didn't have enough for a big mac?
What I think he was asking is if it was the free 3ml sample bottle that you get with the order, or if you got two 3ml sample bottles that you didn't order

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
i have no doubt that ebay researched the commerce laws before squarely putting the obligation of delivery on their sellers:

(3) In any case not within subsection (1) or (2), the risk of loss passes to the buyer on his receipt of the goods if the seller is a merchant; otherwise the risk passes to the buyer on tender of delivery.

(4) The provisions of this section are subject to contrary agreement of the parties and to the provisions of this Article on sale on approval (Section 2-327) and on effect of breach on risk of loss (Section 2-510).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread