{FSUSA} Am I wrong to be frustrated with FSUSA? ( detailed and lost post warning )

Status
Not open for further replies.

vex321

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
NY,NY
What I think he was asking is if it was the free 3ml sample bottle that you get with the order, or if you got two 3ml sample bottles that you didn't order

It's ridiculous for him to think that I was complaining about something I was getting free.
It's just like Lynn said, this fanboysm really narrows your view in things I guess.
Thanks for pointing that out

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
vex, just recently kushka who, by his own admission, used to be something of a fan boy, refused to name a supplier he had a problem with for this very reason.

i don't understand why such a small problem cannot be handled with proper customer service:

1. if your order doesn't show up within a reasonable time we will reship
2. sorry, we were out of stock, we substituted but if that is not to your liking we will credit your account for the out-of-stock item

how hard can that be?

btw i'm sure that the majority of orders from fsusa go through without a single problem and that lots of people are very satisfied. but the true measure of a company is the way they handle those small annoying glitches, like loss or delay within usps, or backorders through highly successful sales.

Last edited:

Sdh

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
U.S.
they probably have read it, vex. The fansheeple are just doing their thing again. If they can't bully or shush you, obviously they need to manipulate what you say so that you seem to be at fault, and unreasonable, instead of their revered supplier.

I wouldn't take it personally. It happens every single time. It is really freaky, though.
so true!...............

vex321

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
NY,NY
vex, just recently kushka who, by his own admission, used to be something of a fan boy, refused to name a supplier he had a problem with for this very reason.

i don't understand why such a small problem cannot be handled with proper customer service:

1. if your order doesn't show up within a reasonable time we will reship
2. sorry, we were out of stock, we substituted but if that is not to your liking we will credit your account for the out-of-stock item

how hard can that be?

So true and I wasn't even asking him to reship it right away, only wanted to know when and what he will do in case this is lost.
I think it's ,much easier to give decent customer service in the first place than to take the time to lie and make up stuff to save his face.

In regards to your point two, David did offer me something of that nature but only when I made a complaint publicly lol

Valsacar

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2010
Seoul
i have no doubt that ebay researched the commerce laws before squarely putting the obligation of delivery on their sellers:

(3) In any case not within subsection (1) or (2), the risk of loss passes to the buyer on his receipt of the goods if the seller is a merchant; otherwise the risk passes to the buyer on tender of delivery.

(4) The provisions of this section are subject to contrary agreement of the parties and to the provisions of this Article on sale on approval (Section 2-327) and on effect of breach on risk of loss (Section 2-510).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

eBay is not the US Government. Ebay can put whatever restrictions it wants on the users of it's services, as long as they meet the legal obligation AT A MINIMUM.

Scottitude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2010
Metro Detroit
scottitude.net
Problem with email is that the sender's tone can never be accurately interpreted by the receiver. Nothing beats an actual telephone conversation.

Perhaps the OP perceived the vendor's apparently short and matter-of-fact comment about 30 days to file a USPS claim (standard USPS procedure for any "missing" postal item) as a blow-off.

Perhaps the vendor perceived the OP's frustrated inquiries to be more demanding than intended.

Some may argue that it was necessary to carry out the communication via email to maintain a record of said communication. If maintaining a record of the communication is more important than quickly resolving the conflict then clearly the conflict is more important than the resolution.

I'm just sayin', a phone call probably would have prevented all this drama.

Oh, one more thing, the name-calling and other attacks against peoples' character is childish and totally inappropriate.

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
eBay is not the US Government. Ebay can put whatever restrictions it wants on the users of it's services, as long as they meet the legal obligation AT A MINIMUM.

then why do you think delivery confirmation is so popular nowadays? if i call my cc company and tell them i paid for an order which i never received, what do you think will happen?

bubba2u

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2010
florida
i have read this entire thread. no vendor deserves the wrath on here because the USPS was slow in delivery. obviously a few people have an ax to grind with FSUSA. if your ...... don't order from them and spend your money elsewhere. that is the power we as consumers have. i happen to love their juice and if a shipment gets screwed up i wont get my panties in a wad. life is to short. so much anger over what really is nothing. it makes no sense to me.

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
bubba, it's not the slowness of usps that's in question here but how a vendor handled an inquiry from a customer. since the op stated that he has no problems with his emails to the vendor being presented here, and the vendor has not replied after making certain claims i tend to believe the op in this case

smonomo

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
USA, Northeast.
btw i'm sure that the majority of orders from fsusa go through without a single problem and that lots of people are very satisfied. but the true measure of a company is the way they handle those small annoying glitches, like loss or delay within usps, or backorders through highly successful sales.
I wouldn't be so sure of that, not according to the high amount of pm's vex is getting, a handful of shills can create a very false impression real quick.

Last edited:

vex321

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
NY,NY
i have read this entire thread. no vendor deserves the wrath on here because the USPS was slow in delivery. obviously a few people have an ax to grind with FSUSA. if your ...... don't order from them and spend your money elsewhere. that is the power we as consumers have. i happen to love their juice and if a shipment gets screwed up i wont get my panties in a wad. life is to short. so much anger over what really is nothing. it makes no sense to me.

Your reply just proved to me that you did NOT read the entire thread.

Did you see where he blatantly lied about offering me some 30% discount which he never did?
Did you see where he accused me of "threatening" and "belittling" him which never occurred?
Did you see where he stated he "planned" on sending me extra items with the next order to smooth things over? Which was never mentioned until this thread was made?
Did you see where he stated he"planned" on sending me the right item that I paid for once he can? Which was never mentioned until this thread was made?
Did you notice that he came out and stated once he decides that the shipment is lost he has no problem sending me a replacement shipment and would never make the customer pay for the item only when I made a complaint here? ( which was the only thing I wanted to hear from him for days through email but got no where )

It's one thing to have bad customer service which I can just move on and never shop there again.
But when you accuse me of doing things and lie about the situation on hand, it makes it personal.

Message to David.

I asked you many times to tell me how I belittled or threatened you.
I asked you to tell me exactly when you offered me this 30% discount.
I sent you this request through email just in case you are not reading this thread ( I highly doubt it )
Are you ever going to admit that neither of this happened or are you just hoping that it'll go away?

Valsacar

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2010
Seoul
then why do you think delivery confirmation is so popular nowadays? if i call my cc company and tell them i paid for an order which i never received, what do you think will happen?

Depending on a few things, your credit card company will most likely re-credit you and then deal with either the carrier or the company to get their money back (which doesn't always happen). There is a reason insurance is offered by the USPS:

"Insurance provides coverage of up to $5,000 for merchandise that is lost, rifled, or damaged. Customers can purchase insurance at a local Post Office™ or online. Insurance may be combined with Delivery Confirmation™, Parcel Airlift Service (PAL), Signature Confirmation™, or Special Handling." EMS includes 100USD insurance as part of the shipping cost, priority is an extra charge.

According to the commerce laws and the FTC, as long as it is shipped within the required time (30 days or less) it is no longer the sellers responsibility. I showed laws, you showed ebay. Do you know of any law that states differently than the FTC or UCC?

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
Depending on a few things, your credit card company will most likely re-credit you and then deal with either the carrier or the company to get their money back (which doesn't always happen). There is a reason insurance is offered by the USPS:

"Insurance provides coverage of up to $5,000 for merchandise that is lost, rifled, or damaged. Customers can purchase insurance at a local Post Office™ or online. Insurance may be combined with Delivery Confirmation™, Parcel Airlift Service (PAL), Signature Confirmation™, or Special Handling." EMS includes 100USD insurance as part of the shipping cost, priority is an extra charge.

According to the commerce laws and the FTC, as long as it is shipped within the required time (30 days or less) it is no longer the sellers responsibility. I showed laws, you showed ebay. Do you know of any law that states differently than the FTC or UCC?

no, my quote came from YOUR link to the federal trade commision, you just didn't read through all the articles and provisions

Redbone

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2010
California
It would probably ultimately be the sellers responsibility, but then the seller can get his money back from the USPS after a period of 30 days.

And yes, I thought you were talking about the 'freebie' samples that they give out. If you indeed paid for something and it got substituted for something else, I would be under the impression that you are still owed the 3ml bottle you paid when they are able to get it out or a refund on that bottle.

emberl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2009
florida
I ordered a couple of juices from FSUSA and wanted 90% pg/10%vg.
I received 10%pg/90%vg.
After I contacted the owner about the problem, I was basically called a liar. (I have all the e-mails).
Not until after I sent the juice back to them (at my expense) did they indeed acknowledge that a HUGE mistake on their part was made.
So, for everyone who reads here and received juice from fsusa the last couple of weeks and it tasted like vegetable oil, it's because their machines mixed the wrong formulas.

I wouldn't be so sure of that, not according to the high amount of pm's vex is getting, a handful of shills can create a very false impression real quick.

Cookie278

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2010
Pullman, WA
There has been much more confrontational talk, and name calling coming from the anti-fsusa squad then the so called fanboys. Not that I think its appropriate for either side. And this nonsense about the flood of pm's from people afraid to post opinions is just that nonsense. I seriously doubt that FSUSA and/or its fans will hunt anybody down, so feel free to voice your opinion. But afterwards PLEASE get on with your lives. Life is to short to waste being this angry and obsessed.

I don't care if someone doesn't like FSUSA. I would be shocked if everybody loved them. Obviously there were communication probs from both sides and its too bad this thread was the result. But crap happens. Move on already. If FSUSA is half as bad as the OP would like us to believe then FSUSA will go out of business soon enough. Personally I don't see that happening, but if it does the OP can feel free to gloat.

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
So, for everyone who reads here and received juice from fsusa the last couple of weeks and it tasted like vegetable oil, it's because their machines mixed the wrong formulas.

I don't wish to get involved with this debate, but merely to put forth some information.

There are no machines mixing juices. These are human mistakes which can and do happen. They have a human mixing staff, who mix their juices by hand.

I don't wish to debate with anyone whether they do or do not like FSUSA, whether you do or do not feel your issues, if any, have been handled to your liking, etc. Your call. Just putting that out there.

emberl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2009
florida
I don't wish to get involved with this debate, but merely to put forth some information.

There are no machines mixing juices. These are human mistakes which can and do happen. They have a human mixing staff, who mix their juices by hand.

I don't wish to debate with anyone whether they do or do not like FSUSA, whether you do or do not feel your issues, if any, have been handled to your liking, etc. Your call. Just putting that out there.

Okay, part of the email states:

"our mixers screwed up".

I read that as a machine......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread