Status
Not open for further replies.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
I have had numerous devices from MVP's to expensive Hex Ohm, SX Mini and dna mods, various tanks, rda's, etc. I guess you could say I have dumped a couple thousand dollars into my quest to stay smoke free.

But absolutely nothing seems to satisfy quite like the Aspire Breeze I just picked up for $25. That with 45mg nicotine salt liquid is the perfect vape. No atomizers to worry about, no removable batteries, airflow or wattage adjustments, no button to press, no leaking, no mess. You just pick it up, hit it and it's a perfect vape every time. And it fits perfectly in the hand and pocket. p

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I was thinking hard about the Breeze2, as I was preparing to leave the country. I don't want to bring anything expensive with me. Nor anything heavy, for my pocket. I read (perhaps mistakenly) that the Breeze 2 was much better than the 1, but I couldn't find a site which had the mod and the tanks. But, too late now as I'm in Italy.
Maybe next trip.

FluffaPuff

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2009
Shallotte, NC
Started vaping in Early May 2009. Started with I believe a 4081 cig-a-like.]

I started around the same time (Sept 2009). I nodded my head after every sentence of your post! It's been a long but wonderful journey that continues for me, too!! It really is amazing that we stopped our 2-pack-a-day analog habit way back then, considering the equipment we had available to us - but we did!! Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

Last edited:

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Okay, I've already made my equipment/juice related post for game changers.
But this will change the bank account. I quit smoking a year ago April 30, and shortly after, something occurred to me:
My insurance agent for years had always reminded me that if I quit smoking, I'd qualify for better term life rates after a year on one of my policies. I thought most insurance policies use the term "tobacco products," and asked him if my policy did - and if I'd qualify for a better rate while vaping. He wasn't sure at first, but checked, and told me yes. So I told him to reach out to me in May. Well, a snip from the email I just got:
upload_2018-5-23_16-13-14.png

So even though I've spent hundreds on vape juice & gear over the last year, I've still got net savings of over $1K, just on smokes themselves (and the spending has gone way down after the initial burst). And now, there's even more savings coming!

Thought I'd share, in case any of you can benefit from this.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I was thinking hard about the Breeze2, as I was preparing to leave the country. I don't want to bring anything expensive with me. Nor anything heavy, for my pocket. I read (perhaps mistakenly) that the Breeze 2 was much better than the 1, but I couldn't find a site which had the mod and the tanks. But, too late now as I'm in Italy.
Maybe next trip.

picgifs-ciao-47587.gif

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Okay people. It's advice time.. lol.

I am not wealthy - throwing that out there up front. Please treat me as if I'm some poor broke slob..lol

So. I'm attending an event late July that will be populated with the most poverty stricken people this area has, all who can make it to the event will be there, we are talking numbers in the thousands.

So, I thought as those who are poverty stricken are often smokers that I might pass out a couple starter kits.

What I would like of course, is something which would give someone the highest likelihood of successfully quitting smoking. The most positive experience possible, for the least amount of money.

I have a brand new ego two mega kit, and I'm thinking I will buy a bottle of 50 mg nicotine salts from a shop who sells them. I figure that might be a great start. (Better than I had)

I would like a couple more kits paired with ejuice. And I wanted to know if there is something more modern that can potentially have a better vape? Or if we are better off sticking with some of the older devices.

I found a shop with a couole of those c.f. mods that aspire put out which takes external 18650 batteries for 7.00 each, I'd have to get some tanks, coils, battery, and charger if I were to get those as well as a bottle of juice, so I'm thinking pricey overall if I go that route - but it is definitely a pleasant way to go for the receiver..

So.. how is the new stuff these days, something like tthe aspire breeze? Is anyone saying these new devices coming out are game changers for them? Or should I stick with tried and true and give to fewer people?

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Honestly I would go with tried and true. I actually have a mini (the 2.5 setup) ego one stick I could send you. The thing about pods, even reusable, it can get so expensive. And the CLR coil is pretty easy to find, etc. I usually give AOI or small stick setups when I'm starting someone out.

Let me know if you want one of the smaller kits, I'd be happy to send it :)

Anna

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL

I am not wealthy - throwing that out there up front. Please treat me as if I'm some poor broke slob..lol

So. I'm attending an event late July that will be populated with the most poverty stricken people this area has, all who can make it to the event will be there, we are talking numbers in the thousands.

So, I thought as those who are poverty stricken are often smokers that I might pass out a couple starter kits.

What I would like of course, is something which would give someone the highest likelihood of successfully quitting smoking. The most positive experience possible, for the least amount of money.

I have a brand new ego two mega kit, and I'm thinking I will buy a bottle of 50 mg nicotine salts from a shop who sells them. I figure that might be a great start. (Better than I had)

I would like a couple more kits paired with ejuice. And I wanted to know if there is something more modern that can potentially have a better vape? Or if we are better off sticking with some of the older devices.

I found a shop with a couole of those c.f. mods that aspire put out which takes external 18650 batteries for 7.00 each, I'd have to get some tanks, coils, battery, and charger if I were to get those as well as a bottle of juice, so I'm thinking pricey overall if I go that route - but it is definitely a pleasant way to go for the receiver..

So.. how is the new stuff these days, something like tthe aspire breeze? Is anyone saying these new devices coming out are game changers for them? Or should I stick with tried and true and give to fewer people?
That's just unbelievably cool. What a great idea! I probably won't be much help, but I'll try when I have a moment at my computer. Smoking can be a big part of anyone's budget...especially if it's a small budget to start. I just love this concept, Opinionated!

redeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Chicago suburbs
www.nofearmotorsports.com

Innokin Endura T18 E Starter Kit

Belhade

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2010
New York (no, not the city)
I found the Eleaf iCare 140 or 160 to be suitable pen-style kits for first time vapers.

redeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Chicago suburbs
www.nofearmotorsports.com
I found the Eleaf iCare 140 or 160 to be suitable pen-style kits for first time vapers.
My wife and I started on 160’s. They were spitting, gurgling, juice in the mouth failures. Gave them away after a week. I moved to T22 and wife to T18. Just our experience.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@Opinionated - To help your $$ go further, I got an email newsletter from Health Cabin today . Two things in it may be of interest to you.

1) As part of their 9th Anniversary celebration...even Clearance items on their main website will be included in their Free S/H offer (they usually aren't), if your order is $59.99 or above. Their free shipping of an order of mine recently (sent in 2 packages from 2 different cities in China)... took only 5 days from order placement to delivery to my door!

2) As part of their Memorial Day Sale...items at their US Warehouse are 20% off using code: us20off. Most everything is at an already reduced price, and they do have some inexpensive starter kits, too!

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Opi, it's a grand idea and a marvelous gesture and an exciting adventure.

I have a feeling you might be inundated with possibilities here, but just in case you're brain hasn't yet turned to mush, I'll toss one out.

Recently, I got the Goby starter kit.

Goby Starter Kit by Innokin

I didn't even open the box for about a month, but due to the continual whining encouragement from DPL, I finally set it up. Funnily enuf, there's not much to set up. It came with it's own little 2ml (top fill) tank and a couple of coils (which are kwite good, and comp. to the CLRs), a charging cord, and that's about it. As with most Innokin products, it's very well made, and very simple.

3 clicks on/off, and a small handful of wattage adjustments, but the fact that it even HAS adjustments suited me well. The hit is surprisingly good, and reminiscent of a cig hit in some ways.

I thought, wow, what a great starter device for someone. As the fates would have it, the next day I was approached by someone who wanted to start vaping/stop smoking. I showed him the diminutive little Goby and he fell in love, too. (PS. I got him one and he is VERY happy with his new vape and experience!)

What I DIDN'T know is that I, too, would really like this tiny little thing! It's become a permanent fixture in my purse, and filled with simple non-flavored eliquid, it's the bomb, baybee. Smaller than a BIC, and weighs like NATHING, it just works, and works well.

Had I one of these when I first started vaping (versus the eGo), I may not have spent as much as I did trying everything in site.

Just some thoughts, and ummm..... opinions. ;)

(next to a JAC, it's a MINI mod!)
mini jac 0513181801.jpg

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio

I have a feeling you might be inundated with possibilities here, but just in case you're brain hasn't yet turned to mush, I'll toss one out.

I didn't even open the box for about a month, but due to the continual whining encouragement from DPL, I finally set it up. Funnily enuf, there's not much to set up. It came with it's own little 2ml (top fill) tank and a couple of coils (which are kwite good, and comp. to the CLRs), a charging cord, and that's about it. As with most Innokin products, it's very well made, and very simple.

3 clicks on/off, and a small handful of wattage adjustments, but the fact that it even HAS adjustments suited me well. The hit is surprisingly good, and reminiscent of a cig hit in some ways.

I thought, wow, what a great starter device for someone. As the fates would have it, the next day I was approached by someone who wanted to start vaping/stop smoking. I showed him the diminutive little Goby and he fell in love, too. (PS. I got him one and he is VERY happy with his new vape and experience!)

What I DIDN'T know is that I, too, would really like this tiny little thing! It's become a permanent fixture in my purse, and filled with simple non-flavored eliquid, it's the bomb, baybee. Smaller than a BIC, and weighs like NATHING, it just works, and works well.

Had I one of these when I first started vaping (versus the eGo), I may not have spent as much as I did trying everything in site.

View attachment 744353

And on sale, although you may find a better price, I don’t know. I may snag one or two, to hand out. Fabulous idea, @Opinionated!

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain

I'm keeping this in mind. There are some few complaints here and there about these T18's and 20's, but health cabin does carry them and @JCinFLA has pointed out an excellent sale, so I'll keep these in mind for sure.

@Opinionated - To help your $$ go further, I got an email newsletter from Health Cabin today . Two things in it may be of interest to you.

1) As part of their 9th Anniversary celebration...even Clearance items on their main website will be included in their Free S/H offer (they usually aren't), if your order is $59.99 or above. Their free shipping of an order of mine recently (sent in 2 packages from 2 different cities in China)... took only 5 days from order placement to delivery to my door!

2) As part of their Memorial Day Sale...items at their US Warehouse are 20% off using code: us20off. Most everything is at an already reduced price, and they do have some inexpensive starter kits, too!

Hey thanks for that heads up! Nice sale! That would definitely be a help!

View attachment 744353

You know, in looking that over it actually looks like the absolute perfect starter kit for a beginning vapor - like seriously I may never have needed to "graduate" to anything else had I started on that myself..

Thanks for that heads up..good to hear about that..

Thank you for your help! :) I'll look into those!

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Hey thanks for that heads up! Nice sale! That would definitely be a help!

I forgot to tell you that there is also a coupon code to use on their main website during their Anniversary Sale, too. For orders $50+ the code is hc905 for an additional $5 off your order. For orders $100+ the code is hc910 for an additional $10 off the order.

Every little bit helps! :thumbs:

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
I'm not much on AIO's, but I have tried Juul and a few others. And I'm generally not a big fan of Smok, but my son got a Smok Infinix, and I was amazed at what a satisfying vape that delivered. Much better than Juul, or any of the others I tried. It really delivers an rta type vape. Probably better than some of the kayfuns even, and almost as good as my doggy, believe it or not. I would've loved to have one of those when I was quitting smokes.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@Opinionated - I was poking around Health Cabin's website looking at smaller (yet decent) kits, and found the Kanger Evod Mega Kits for just $9.99, which is a terrific price for them. They're 1900mAh batteries, with a matching 2.5mL tank, and a USB charging cable. They come with 1 or 2 of the VOCC-T coils, that are expensive, but you don't have to use only them. The only color available now is brown, but color shouldn't matter, IMO.

I use 2 of the Evod Megas when I don't want to mess with rewicking, and/or bulkier mods & tanks. Also have several people switching to vaping using them. They all love them, and the inexpensive price of the Kanger Dual Coils in the whitish colored box that also work great in them.

Upgraded KangerTech EVOD Mega 1900mAh Starter Kit with VOCC-T Coil

They also have the Kanger Dual Coils for them (in 4 different ohms) for $5.42/box of 5:

5pc replacements upgraded bottom dual coils for kangertech t3d & evod 2 & evod glass & protank-3 & mini protank-3 & aerotank & aerotank mega & aerotank mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread