Status
Not open for further replies.

TravelinGirl

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2009
The South
Started vaping in Early May 2009. Started with I believe a 4081 cig-a-like.

There was not much out there in 2009 :)

Stuck with it, found ECF in July 2009.

Found Volcano Ecig. Fell in love.

I was here when we used the blue foam and tea bags :) :) :) :)

Can not remember the order of which I purchased and tried these things but was always on the chase for the next best thing. This is not ALL I have acquired the past 9 years. I have tubs and tubs of stuff. I pull it out every now and then and take a trip down memory lane :)

I wore my F5 key slam out on Got Vapes forums waiting for the newest and "best" thing to drop in the wee hours of the morning :)

Off the top of my head here is what I have used over the past 9 years:
1. 4081
2. 808
3. 510 atty and stick battery. Insert blue foam here :)
4. Ego landed and we thought we were in heaven :)
5. Then there was one, I forget the name.. It was a ego but with replaceable batteries. Oh, now, we were in heaven then :)
6. ce2's fell and now we were talking :) insert tea bags here :)

Raidey hit the scene somewhere along in here. He was the guy who brought us the SS wick and rebuildables were in our life. If it was not for Co-Op's and Scubabatdan, we may never would have gotten them in our hands. Then China started cloning them and here we are today with rebuildables. SO all of you rebuildable fans, Thank Raidey for the master mind in creating them and Dan for holding co-ops on them. etc etc etc

7. Provari
8. Stallion cartos
9. there was one Got Vapes dropped called the Raven. It had a web type outer cover thingie with a carto, I believe. You see, I never got to use it. I do not think any of us did :) Got Vapes pounded this thing in our brain for months. Badkola (Chris) teased us vaping on his test model saying oh guys you are going to love this one. THEN IT WAS RELEASED. Hundred, maybe thousands of us stayed up into the wee hours of the morning to get one. We received it and DUD.. the Mfr had made some "tweeks" and did not tell Got Vapes and they were CRAP.....

It seemed every single thing we got, Banjo, BR, Badkola and I forget the other names, had to mod the darn thing to find us a fix so we could vape it. You kept every single o'ring, filler, wick, you name it from things that no longer worked because somewhere along the way, you would need that little thingy majig to make something else you bought work :)

10. Phoenix bottom coil carto. AWESOME stuff back then
11. THE GO GO... THAT CHANGED MY WORLD where vaping was concerned. I vaped a Go Go for several years. It was because of the Go Go Eric opened Discount Vaper all because of a charging cord :) :) :) :)
12.The next thing I remember is the Darwin. OMG loved that thing.
13. Then I remember the Vivi Nova. THAT is when my vaping really too off.
14. Protanks started hitting the market and I never looked back. I STILL VAPE PROTANKS, mega's, Giants, regular, mini... I vape them all.

OH, MAP tanks.. how could I forget MAP tanks. Mad Angry Pirate was my hero

AND A MOUNTAIN OF OTHER THINGS I FORGET...

I was here early on. I ate, slept and breathed ECF trying to find the next best thing or a 'fix' for what I had. How in the world I quit smoking 2 packs a day back in 2009 with the gear we had, I have no clue :)

What a ride it has been the past 9 years and even though I got ...... a crap gear early on, I would not trade it for the world.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL

Can not remember the order of which I purchased and tried these things but was always on the chase for the next best thing. This is not ALL I have acquired the past 9 years. I have tubs and tubs of stuff. I pull it out every now and then and take a trip down memory lane :)

I wore my F5 key slam out on Got Vapes forums waiting for the newest and "best" thing to drop in the wee hours of the morning :)

1. 4081
2. 808
5. Then there was one, I forget the name.. It was a ego but with replaceable batteries. Oh, now, we were in heaven then :)

Raidey hit the scene somewhere along in here. He was the guy who brought us the SS wick and rebuildables were in our life. If it was not for Co-Op's and Scubabatdan, we may never would have gotten them in our hands. Then China started cloning them and here we are today with rebuildables. SO all of you rebuildable fans, Thank Raidey for the master mind in creating them and Dan for holding co-ops on them. etc etc etc

7. Provari
8. Stallion cartos
9. there was one Got Vapes dropped called the Raven. It had a web type outer cover thingie with a carto, I believe. You see, I never got to use it. I do not think any of us did :) Got Vapes pounded this thing in our brain for months. Badkola (Chris) teased us vaping on his test model saying oh guys you are going to love this one. THEN IT WAS RELEASED. Hundred, maybe thousands of us stayed up into the wee hours of the morning to get one. We received it and DUD.. the Mfr had made some "tweeks" and did not tell Got Vapes and they were CRAP.....

It seemed every single thing we got, Banjo, BR, Badkola and I forget the other names, had to mod the darn thing to find us a fix so we could vape it. You kept every single o'ring, filler, wick, you name it from things that no longer worked because somewhere along the way, you would need that little thingy majig to make something else you bought work :)

11. THE GO GO... THAT CHANGED MY WORLD where vaping was concerned. I vaped a Go Go for several years. It was because of the Go Go Eric opened Discount Vaper all because of a charging cord :) :) :) :)
14. Protanks started hitting the market and I never looked back. I STILL VAPE PROTANKS, mega's, Giants, regular, mini... I vape them all.

I was here early on. I ate, slept and breathed ECF trying to find the next best thing or a 'fix' for what I had. How in the world I quit smoking 2 packs a day back in 2009 with the gear we had, I have no clue :)

What a ride it has been the past 9 years and even though I got ...... a crap gear early on, I would not trade it for the world.
Great post, enjoyed every word.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

1. 4081
2. 808

7. Provari
8. Stallion cartos

Ravens (I've still got a bunch!), GO-GOs (YAY!), Gormly & Provari!!!

Sweet. :thumbs:

This was my very first (I forget when - early 2010 maybe?). They've been "COMING SOON" (again) for a few years now. I'm surprised they're still paying for the site.

Coming soon

They were pretty karpy. Used them for close to a year, but never quit smoking. :confused:

V2 in late 2011, at which point I was "official". Wow - memories...

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
TravelinGirl, what a MARVELOUS post and trip down mem'ry lane!!!!!!

You were a bit ahead of me (and DPL, and prolly some others here), but I can definitely reflect back on your early gear. I studied massively when I first found vape and ECF.

Blue foam and tea bags! Screw modding! Toothpicks and paper clips, even. <blush>

Loved Got Vapes. They had THE best pics available on the Internet, and some things I got from them would NEVER be sold.

Of those, yes, the RAVEN'S NEST tanks!!!!! I had to have one in every color. Even if it meant waiting 13 weeks to get it from China. :facepalm:

itaste raven.jpg
raven family.jpg

3 cheers for Raidey and Scubabatdan. :toast:

And the Darwin, my beloved D'win. He lives with me still. :wub:

MAP tanks were KOOL! I actually got one from Adam, only to find out a short bit later that HE was MAP! :lol:

Like you, and I DO relate oh so much - I have no KLUE how I stopped smoking with the gear we had back then. Determination and love, I suppose.

SO glad you're here!

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX

1. 4081
2. 808

7. Provari
8. Stallion cartos

Great post! I haven't been at it quite as long as you have. It's been quite a journey, hasn't it?

Oberon75

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2014
Roseville, Mi, USA
I have had numerous devices from MVP's to expensive Hex Ohm, SX Mini and DNA mods, various tanks, rda's, etc. I guess you could say I have dumped a couple thousand dollars into my quest to stay smoke free.

But absolutely nothing seems to satisfy quite like the Aspire Breeze I just picked up for $25. That with 45mg nicotine salt liquid is the perfect vape. No atomizers to worry about, no removable batteries, airflow or wattage adjustments, no button to press, no leaking, no mess. You just pick it up, hit it and it's a perfect vape every time. And it fits perfectly in the hand and pocket.
2ecf10fd11db49302d398879e4f1003c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran

1. 4081
2. 808

7. Provari
8. Stallion cartos

Now THAT was a very Kool post to read, Thank You much for that. :thumbs:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
But absolutely nothing seems to satisfy quite like the Aspire Breeze I just picked up for $25. That with 45mg nicotine salt liquid is the perfect vape. No atomizers to worry about, no removable batteries, airflow or wattage adjustments, no button to press, no leaking, no mess. You just pick it up, hit it and it's a perfect vape every time. And it fits perfectly in the hand and pocket.

Plus it's just adorbs!!!!!

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
That with 45mg nicotine salt liquid is the perfect vape.

45mg/ml Nic Salt ?????? Holy Moly !!!! At that strength, all ya had ta do was look at your Breeze to get a hit, no lips needed.;) A Chicken could even vape it. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Brewdawg1181

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    It's either mud ooorrrr, well you know. I'm just glad my kids are all grown and I don't have to smell shoe soles anymore.:shock:
    Well....

I can't blame the dog. It left with the daughter to back with her to college earlier in the day. So, that just leaves me.

I need to remember to replace the ole chimney when I go to put a fresh batch in the tank when it's late at night :yawn:.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread