Not open for further replies.

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
Good article....right up until the end when he says:

The problem here is two fold. First, the way the FDA would try to protect the kids is by limiting flavors to those that taste like the rotten rear end out of a dead skunk. No more fruit, candy, or snack flavors. Second, NO ONE switches from eCigs to analogs it's always the other way around. The only way this would ever happen is if someone started with eCigs, got addicted, then suddenly eCigs were banned and unavailable.
They just won't listen, even though they know this is true. Makes me want to tie them antiz to a chair, and make them drag on a cig, then a cappuccino, then a cig, then a butter rum, then a cig, then a piña colada, then a cig, than an apple, then a cig, then a nada flavor,

but it would be considered cruel and unusual punishment if I did that to them.

Psyche

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2011
Left of Center
6.8% of a survey of youthful respondents say they've vaped this past month = Grab the torches, Save the Chiiiiilllllldren

Meanwhile, somewhere else in the realm....

some studies say

12.9% of 12-17 year olds have used alcohol in the last month, 7.2% consuming five or more drinks at one occasion = the sound of crickets? :blink:

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
6.8% of a survey of youthful respondents say they've vaped this past month
= Grab the torches, Save the Chiiiiilllllldren
1-Laughing.gif

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
The stats show that ever since the ecig came out, smoking is down and going downer for all age groups. Even for women. Results from the 2012 NSDUH: Summary of National Findings, SAMHSA, CBHSQ

Be sure to take a look at Figure 4.4, which shows that since e-cigarettes first hit the news (due to Smoking Everywhere filing suit against the FDA, soon joined by Sottera, Inc d/b/a njoy), the Past Month Cigarette Use among Youths Aged 12 to 17 has steadily fallen, from 9.3% for males and 8.7% for females, to an all-time low of 6.8% and 6.3% in 2012.

The footnote reads:

+ Difference between this estimate and the 2012 estimate is statistically significant at the .05 level.

Also see: Figure 5.8 Past Year Cigarette Initiation among Youths Aged 12 to 17 Who Had Never Smoked Prior to the Past Year

This shows that smoking initiation started at a peak for males of 6.3% in 2009 and fell to 4.7% by 2012. For females, the numbers went from 6.2% to 4.8%.

Again, the difference between the 2009 and the 2012 rates were statistically significant.

So, what was that you were saying, Dr. Frieden, about e-cigarettes creating addiction to smoking among youth? Doesn't look that way from here.

Valhalla17

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Houston, TX, USA
They just won't listen, even though they know this is true. Makes me want to tie them antiz to a chair, and make them drag on a cig, then a cappuccino, then a cig, then a butter rum, then a cig, then a piña colada, then a cig, than an apple, then a cig, then a nada flavor,

but it would be considered cruel and unusual punishment if I did that to them.

Don't worry, are they really gonna ban food flavorings? Or maybe they should try to ban the real food that you can extract from? Or maybe the thought of extracting for the purpose of vaping lol. It's an idiotic concept. That have no idea what they are even talking about.

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
I'm pretty convinced that if they ever start trying to regulate vaping, they'll do it via nicotine. You can't really stop battery sales, or metal tubes, on-off switches. PG and VG and flavoring are widely used in other things. Where they'll get us is the nic.

Myself, I'm already vaping without nic, though it's not because I expect them to regulate it.

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
Be sure to take a look at Figure 4.4, which shows that since e-cigarettes first hit the news (due to Smoking Everywhere filing suit against the FDA, soon joined by Sottera, Inc d/b/a NJOY), the Past Month Cigarette Use among Youths Aged 12 to 17 has steadily fallen, from 9.3% for males and 8.7% for females, to an all-time low of 6.8% and 6.3% in 2012.

The footnote reads:

Also see: Figure 5.8 Past Year Cigarette Initiation among Youths Aged 12 to 17 Who Had Never Smoked Prior to the Past Year

This shows that smoking initiation started at a peak for males of 6.3% in 2009 and fell to 4.7% by 2012. For females, the numbers went from 6.2% to 4.8%.

Again, the difference between the 2009 and the 2012 rates were statistically significant.

So, what was that you were saying, Dr. Frieden, about e-cigarettes creating addiction to smoking among youth? Doesn't look that way from here.
This data is impossible to ignore. We gottem!!

cookiebun

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2011
Central Ohio
I'm pretty convinced that if they ever start trying to regulate vaping, they'll do it via nicotine. You can't really stop battery sales, or metal tubes, on-off switches. PG and VG and flavoring are widely used in other things. Where they'll get us is the nic.

Myself, I'm already vaping without nic, though it's not because I expect them to regulate it.

I did the same. I also d.i.y. my own liquid.
It's fun and far cheaper.:vapor:

MightyWhighty

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2011
San Jose

I sure hope it starts and ends with the nic. Worst case scenario I'll have to quit nicotine. I personally can live with one less addiction. But vaping in general I hope isn't banned (sales or otherwise).

Do we even know yet what the government plans on doing this year? Last I heard it was banning all on-line sales (which basically means, we're stuck with blu).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread