Geekvape Aegis Legend

The Aegis legend is a stylish dual 18650 box mod designed to be waterproof and shockproof.
Mod Style
  1. Box Mod
Retails for
Status
Not open for further replies.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
I'm using a nitecore i4 charger also brand new.

Nitecore is a good brand, I also own one. Unfortunately this model does not display the voltage. As mentioned, mark your batteries 1 and 2 (or A and B…however you wish) so we can identify which one maybe the culprit. Put them back in your charger and see if the charger’s levels are different. Can also swap positions within your charger.

You can also try to reapply the new firmware. Another member also had an issue with the battery graphic on the Legend and reapplying the firmware rectified the issue.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
both batteries I just took out of the legend in charger show full.

Ok. Lets assume there is a glitch with the battery level graphic on your Legend. Not a big deal but an issue non the less. Try reinstalling the firmware.

Edit: Or try the reset if haven't done so already.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
The problem is not everyone owns a multimeter.
Yes indeed. Thus why I said:
I sure would want to put an external meter on those batteries.
Although they can be purchased as little as 5 bucks. Although easier to find in the $15 to $30 range. Of course you can spend over a thousand or more for one too. But for measuring batteries, a cheap one will do. ;)

Reactions: KC0YNU

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
reset mode?

Must have missed my earlier post. No worries...

To perform a reset on the device. Turn the device off, press and hold the +/- buttons until the firmware is displayed – keep holding the buttons then press and hold the fire button until reset is confirmed. This will just reset the device, it will not revert to an old firmware should you have updated it.

zian

Dec 9, 2018
I tried a new set of batteries and when the legend came back on it shown two full battery bars I took one 5 sec vape and the bar on the left went down. I tried switching the batteries in the mod thinking the one on the right that was full would show full on the left when changed. it did not it still showed lower and the other battery that was showing lower on the left (which is now on the right ) now shows full.

Reactions: stols001

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
I mean I'm not to concerned about the bars I'm just worried about the safety. I had around 300 puffs at 50watts and still had about 25% left on the bar that shows less. will the legend still warn if battery gets to low.

The Legend stops working when the cells are ~3.2 volts. Well within a safe region. Nothing to be worried about.

But re-applying the firmware could rectify that graphical glitch. Up to you if you want to put forth that effort.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I found this on reddit.
Well I know of Anthony_Vapes and I disagree that dual batteries will drain differently. They will if you throw any 2 batteries together in a mod and the performance and the capacity doesn't match up well.

But I agree with Subrwho. That most mods doesn't have very accurate battery readings. And I agree with Punk In Drublic, that you should be ok to use it and the mod will stop firing if it thinks something is wrong, like a battery too low.

And yes, the original firmware was horrible for battery levels. One would jump around without doing anything. I don't recall how well firmware v1.1 did, I skipped that one. v1.2 is pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread