Genesis Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

junebugg1999

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2009
KC (BBQ PARADISE)
I'm a lil old school, and was curious about the kanthal... What is the diff if you use a .32 or .20 etc. Obviously it's the thickness, but if you are gonna set up for 1.5 +-.2 ohm, what would the best size to use be and how many wraps. I saw a couple vids, but they didn't explain to much on the wire size and wraps etc.. Someone give me the low down por favor:)

shpaolin

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2011
Zagreb , Croatia
www.vaporwall.com
I use Kanthal A-1 32 AWG 0.008" 0.20mm. 3-4 wraps would give you around 1.7Ohm.
You can use 0.15 or 0.18 , but to me it is not the same.
People experiment to much with genesis style attys , use them on high voltages , but it is
not made for that. You will get the best out of genesis with 400# mesh, 3-4 wraps of A1 32 AWG 0.20mm at 3.7V.
But that is just my opinion , everyone has their own favorite setup , wire , mesh.

thejager

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I saw my name go red in the LIST on vaporwall, but i havent received any email about tracking or anything. It went RED over a week ago, so im not sure what is going on or if that is normal.

also, what exactly ships with the Line v2? Do we get anything so we can get a setup going right away?

also, can someone post some US link to appropriate wire and mesh? Im pretty good with this stuff, but i am overwhelmed by the semantics of wire gauges and mesh stuff.

A simple where to buy and what would be greatly appreciated. I dont mind tinkering, but usually i like to have a recommended option before i go away from that, to serve as a center point.

the more i search on this stuff, the more i get different answers. Id love a modder chosen set of materials.

Thanks all!

kcos

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2011
Rochester, NY
mawnco.com
I saw my name go red in the LIST on vaporwall, but i havent received any email about tracking or anything. It went RED over a week ago, so im not sure what is going on or if that is normal.

also, what exactly ships with the Line v2? Do we get anything so we can get a setup going right away?

also, can someone post some US link to appropriate wire and mesh? Im pretty good with this stuff, but i am overwhelmed by the semantics of wire gauges and mesh stuff.

A simple where to buy and what would be greatly appreciated. I dont mind tinkering, but usually i like to have a recommended option before i go away from that, to serve as a center point.

the more i search on this stuff, the more i get different answers. Id love a modder chosen set of materials.

Thanks all!

What you will need to build a rebuildable atty.
Kanthal: Resistance heating wire, Kanthal A-1 32 awg 75ft | eBay
400 Mesh: McMaster-Carr McMaster-Carr

DDD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2011
NYC
Thanks so much van and del. Got my line, one week to New York. No probs with the set up at all. Great flavor, clean, and great vapor. Machining is perfect and kcos' mini Ming fit with a little hammer tap.

One thing I was concerned about was throat hit. Ever since I dropped from 24 to 12 mg nic, I have been vaping at about 20 watts (7.4 v with a 2.5 or 3 ohm dual carto) to get the TH I need.

I tried a set up with 4 wraps, 3 wraps and 2 wraps. All worked fine, but all lacked in TH from what I am used to. I noticed less wraps gives less vapor volume (less surface area covered) and more volume adds to TH in my opinion. So I am going to stick with four wraps for a day or so, and maybe try 3 for a few days as well. I am using 400 mesh with 32g kanthal A, and perhaps after awhile ill try the 300 mesh and maybe thinner wire. I want to just give it a shot at the standard for some time and see it breaks in.

Thanks again. Perhaps I will also post this in ECF for more input.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
I have to agree with what Del says about 3-4 wraps and 3.7V-4.2V this is giving me the best performance, I have tried 5-6-7 wraps at higher voltages on MANY different Genesis type Atty's and 3-4 wraps at 3.7V-4.2V always seems to work out best with less chance of issues or problems.

kcos

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2011
Rochester, NY
mawnco.com
Thanks so much van and del. Got my line, one week to New York. No probs with the set up at all. Great flavor, clean, and great vapor. Machining is perfect and kcos' mini Ming fit with a little hammer tap.

One thing I was concerned about was throat hit. Ever since I dropped from 24 to 12 mg nic, I have been vaping at about 20 watts (7.4 v with a 2.5 or 3 ohm dual carto) to get the TH I need.

I tried a set up with 4 wraps, 3 wraps and 2 wraps. All worked fine, but all lacked in TH from what I am used to. I noticed less wraps gives less vapor volume (less surface area covered) and more volume adds to TH in my opinion. So I am going to stick with four wraps for a day or so, and maybe try 3 for a few days as well. I am using 400 mesh with 32g kanthal A, and perhaps after awhile ill try the 300 mesh and maybe thinner wire. I want to just give it a shot at the standard for some time and see it breaks in.

Thanks again. Perhaps I will also post this in ECF for more input.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk

Hey DDD where are those great pictures you posted on vaporwall post them here to.
HeHe46-1.gif

casualuser

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2011
NYC
Which adapter is on that Ego-T Battery?

Line Genesis testing so far:

Using #400 SS mesh (cut to 35x23mm) and 0.20 Kanthal wire with four wraps proved to give the best results for me. The vapor production is massive even though it performs like a genesis atty. Compared to A2 which also produces clouds of vapor, Line isn't hindered with the lack of taste at all. Quite the contrary. The taste is great and TH is almost too hard for me (using the 12mg VPG liquid). I've considered lowering my nic levels to 9mg/ml.

Three wraps give even harder TH, I'd suggest this for hard-core vapers only. 5 wraps could be the sweet spot for me if I keep the juice at 12mg.

Liquids used so far:
VPG Desert Ship Blend
VPG Hypnotic Mist
VG Banana Nut Bread
VG Kentucky Blend
VPG Snickers.

All I can say is - the taste of vapor is simply terrific :D Also the liquid flow stays constant even with thicker VG liquids.

Line used on following mods:

eGo-T 900mah

But I must say... out of 3 eGos, it worked only on one of them. I wouldn't advise using the eGo batteries, because each setup is different and if the SS mesh is not thoroughly oxidized - they might short out on you. We've seen this happen with G-Tank also...

Alpha 14500 900mah

No problems whatsoever.

Devil's Marble 14500 900mah

No problems here either.

I tested it on two 18650 mods also, but having 12mg liquid inside and the fully charged battery's 4.2 volts kicks some serius TH. So I had to switch to 14500 which I use daily ;)

As this is the test sample, there's no "cork" on the liquid tank, only a 2mm hole for refilling. As I understand, this will be dealt with in the final version. Besides that obvious opening I have noticed no leaks from either 510 connector side or through tank windows.

Will do some more testing and keep you posted on results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread