Marietta (rabernet, NestoChe) 2
Powder Springs (donnaq4) 1
Woodstock (Chatter97) 1

Auburn, AL (SammyT) 1
?, SC (Warren D. Lockaby) 1
Pendleton, SC (shechefj) 1
Williamston, SC (BloodWolf) 1
TOTAL of 17 folks (so far)

If planning a BIG gathering for a Springtime cookout, it might be interesting to time it in conjunction with rolygate's recent announcement of WORLD VAPING DAY (to be known in some countries as NATIONAL VAPING DAY), scheduled for Thursday, March 22, 2012.

I'm not saying it's a good idea, but Stone Mountain offers TWO group camping areas (15 people minimum/35 maximum) @ $8.00/person/night, complete with Free WiFi, electric, heated comfort stations, fire rings, picnic tables, etc. (I have a tent: Hotels are also available.) If some folks would like to meet early (like on Thursday) and stay through Saturday for an afternoon 'vape FOR LIFE" 'covered dish cookout' we could probably get some publicity for the event from local papers, tv and radio...as well as support from any of the vendors who might like to join us.

I reckon the question is, "How BIG do we want this thang to be?"

OTOH - a simple afternoon get-together at a vape friendly tavern would be easier to organize, and give us a chance to sample each other's juice (without traumatizing Balthezar too much)! :party: :)

Just thinkin' on screen...

I vote for BOTH ideas! :blush: :2c:

rabernet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
Buford, GA
Hi Warren D. Lockaby!

UPDATED LIST:
Here's the current listing:
Fayetteville (Balthezar) 1
Ball Ground (CUOFFRDGA) 1
Woodstock (Chatter97) 1
Alpharetta (Nyte, MikenGA) 2
Auburn, AL (SammyT) 1
Covington (Kevin littell) 1
Atlanta (want to quit, erich) 2
Canton (NorthOfAtlanta) 1
Habersham (nitrojuga)

Alphabetical Order by LOCATION:
Habersham (nitrojuga) 1
Woodstock (Chatter97) 1

Auburn, AL (SammyT) 1

If planning a BIG gathering for a Springtime cookout, it might be interesting to time it in conjunction with rolygate's recent announcement of WORLD VAPING DAY (to be known in some countries as NATIONAL VAPING DAY), scheduled for Thursday, March 22, 2012.

I'm not saying it's a good idea, but Stone Mountain offers TWO group camping areas (15 people minimum/35 maximum) @ $8.00/person/night, complete with Free WiFi, electric, heated comfort stations, fire rings, picnic tables, etc. (I have a tent: Hotels are also available.) If some folks would like to meet early (like on Thursday) and stay through Saturday for an afternoon 'VAPE FOR LIFE" 'covered dish cookout' we could probably get some publicity for the event from local papers, tv and radio...as well as support from any of the vendors who might like to join us.

I reckon the question is, "How BIG do we want this thang to be?"

OTOH - a simple afternoon get-together at a vape friendly tavern would be easier to organize, and give us a chance to sample each other's juice (without traumatizing Balthezar too much)! :party: :)

Just thinkin' on screen...

I vote for BOTH ideas! :blush: :2c:

Wow - I'm sort of digging both events as well.

The name is Robin, btw. ;-)

chatter97

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2011
Woodstock Georgia
We have several local vendor (vaperite, awesome vapor) and we have possibly Mom and pop in Fla depending on time of year as well as Dark City Vapors in NC that I am aware of that are some what local.

I rearranged the list to get an idea of spatial clustering:

75/575 NW
Woodstock (Chatter97) 1

North GA
Habersham (nitrojuga) 1

400 North Central

Downtown

South Atlanta

Alabama
Auburn, AL (SammyT) 1

SC

As a GIS person, I always have a tendency to be curious about spatial distribution:)

MikenGA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2011
Georgia
400 North Central

South Atlanta
I would probably list Powder Springs as 'West Atlanta' (cuz Alpharetta is significantly closer to Canton and Woodstock), and Covington as 'East Atlanta'. ;)

Rowdy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2010
Georgia
Hey, count me in...I'm in Lawrenceville GA, and can drive pretty much anywhere on a weekend. The question is how do bring all my vape stuff? Vape_desk12-1.jpg

Balthezar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2011
Fayetteville, GA
Hi Rowdy, and welcome aboard :) A Semi maybe? Or at least a U-Haul. :D

Wow Mike, nice job. Stone Mountain would be an easy to get to location, fairly central (I think, not great with locations since I don't drive) but, my thoughts are, March might be a little chilly still for some to think about camping, (maybe), and a 4 day weekend could be rough on some. Just something to think about and cause for more discussion. I'll look into Stone Mntn more, I think we could book something there, maybe at a later date, looking into it now.

I'll get back with any info I get. We still have all the time we need, no set date or even Month, as this is just supposed to be an informal chance to meet each other and have a good time. And keep the suggestions coming. :toast:

Nyte

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2011
Georgia
Yes, thank you Mike for the thinking effort you put forth!

There isn't a rule stating that we can't do an informal get together soon and then maybe a big "vape meet" later on in the year when it gets warmer and more suited to outside activities.

(Oddly enough, the Vape Day coincides with the same weekend that I'm attending another meet up before the live Nerdist Podcast in Little Five Points. Enjoy your burrito! (People who've heard the podcast will understand that.) :) )

I will be honest and admit that I'm not too hip to going "downtown" by myself...so someplace in the 'burbs (wherever, I know 285 really well) would make me feel better :)

Rowdy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2010
Georgia
I like the idea of less than formal meeting after the holidays. How about some kind of sports bar, or bar and grill with with some good foreign beer on tap? I thought I saw some one mention a restaurant that would probably section off an area for enough of us....just throwing out some ideas of places that wouldn't mind vaping. My ideal place would be a giant Starbucks but that isn't happening.....I wonder if Ruby Tuesdays or TGI Fridays or those places have party rooms?

Rowdy

CUOFFRDGA

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2011
Ball Ground, GA
WoW!, I haven't been on for a day or so, my how we've grown!

Welcome to the newcomers I've missed!

I like the sounds of a Bigger gathering at Stone Mtn., but we should start small, get to know each other a little and go from there.

My vote is for a Taco Mac (gotta build up them Brewnaversity Points),
But I do love me some Starbucks .
I'm not afraid of them smokers if we have to share an area, hell, we may just convert a few!

Don't forget, we've also got Prime Vaping, a vendor also in Woodstock.
I have gotten many juices from Todd at Vaperite, good quality stuff, Todd's a great guy!

Oh, if anybody's at The Pink Pony tonight, look for me (I'll be the one with the Brushed Aluminum Saber Touch)!

Last edited:

ChaosAffect

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
Georgia
Hey, y'all! Awesome to see this coming together. I've been contemplating trying to get another vapemeet together since the last one at Manuel's. I'm glad that I don't have to take responsibility for it. LoL.

I'm in Tyrone right now (about 15 minutes from you, Balthezar!) But am moving to Lawrenceville first thing next year. I'd love to get together some weekend. If you give me some lead time I can probably get some juice sample donations sent in from a couple of suppliers I'm friends with. I might even be able to arrange some door prizes!

Balthezar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2011
Fayetteville, GA
Welcome aboard ChaosAffect.
My brother lived in Tyrone for years, just recently moved out here to Fayetteville.
As you can see we don't have a definite time or place yet, this is growing a lot faster (and bigger) than I anticipated. Any help will be greatly appreciated as I wasn't expecting this kind of response. Not complaining, just a bit overwhelmed at what was going to be a few people meeting for coffee or drinks to get to know each other to becoming a bigger vape party :) (I don't like to think of it as a 'meet', too formal and kind of commercial sounding IMO).

ChaosAffect

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
Georgia
My advice would be to go with a known quantity. The last Vape Meet was at this great place in Lawrenceville. They gave us an entire meeting room. PM Bikergirl1908 and she can give you the Info. If you'd like I can handle the vendors. We've got several in the area, not just the ones that were mentioned already, but also Stormy's Vapor Celler, Juicy Vapors, etc. Hell, we could even invite the jerk from ECigmods.com and get him to bring a Vapezilla to pass around. Not. LoL.

Balthezar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2011
Fayetteville, GA
Let's see what everyone else has to say, and we can go from there. Still just trying to get a feel for what is best for everyone.
We have plenty of time yet, and at this rate is going to take a lot more planning than the original idea. From the few times I checked out the Peach State forum, I didn't think there were this many people from Georgia in here.

MikenGA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2011
Georgia
Hi new folks! You've been added to 'the list'. ;)

LATEST UPDATE: Alphabetical Order by LOCATION:
Alpharetta (Nyte, MikenGA, erich) 3
Atlanta (want to quit) 1
Habersham (nitrojuga) 1
Lawrenceville (rowdy) 1
Tyrone (ChaosAffect) 1