Getting Annoyed : This is an effective method of prolonging atomisers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccure

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
Colombia, South America
Did you take photos of your tests? A start will be to compile a list of how much deposit to expect from commercial flavors. As you said, some might not give much in quantity but be especially resilient. But the quantity is the key matter.

Sorry, I have not take photos of my tests! But, If I can solve a problem that I have here today, I will make some short videos of my tests! I will post them!

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
I have given up cleaning an atty when it remains cold after conventional methods of cleaning failed to reactivate...I have pulled them apart to see what happened, and always the coils are coated with that varnish type charcoal glob. Thickly. The only thing that would clean that stuff is oven-cleaner!! Oh, and I am NOT recommending doing that, OK? It doesn't work on aluminum or SS cookware either!!
Throw them away, replace and get on with it.:?:

I have given up cleaning an atty when it remains cold after conventional methods of cleaning failed to reactivate...I have pulled them apart to see what happened, and always the coils are coated with that varnish type charcoal glob. Thickly. The only thing that would clean that stuff is oven-cleaner!! Oh, and I am NOT recommending doing that, OK? It doesn't work on aluminum or SS cookware either!!
Throw them away, replace and get on with it.:?:

If it was just a matter of nuisance, i would agree.

The important point is that black blob came from our juice and while it was forming and degrading, we are inhaling some of it.

'Hey,attys aren't so expensive, what's the big deal' misses the point

'We need better atty designs' also misses the point (although I am keen to work on this)

'I can just clean it off successfully with XYZ' also misses the point (but is of some interest meantime)

Non-deposit-forming juices are the key.

Kinabaloo, you are looking into different brands of flavors I hope? Mostly all that is used and discussed seems to be LorAnne - but you might have seen the test KnutselPeter did on the Bickford appel? Almost completely clean... and there are other brands out there too.

Indeed. There's no reason for a juice to leave a deposit because the deposit will never be tasted anyway. Menthol and vanilla should be pretty clean too. Even a chocolate could be clean ...

eturf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2009
Atlanta, GA
A method that works well for me is to soak in grain alcohol (Golden Grain or Everclear) for a half hour or so, rinse with hot water, then blow out with canned air (available in some electronics and computer stores) that comes with the small red tube to concentrate the flow. The little red tube just fits inside the atty hole on the battery side and does a great job. For a quick daily clean, take off the cart, puff until most of the liquid is used on the atty, then blow. I had to start doing this when I started using JC VG Tenn Cured. I love it but it's way thick and clogs the atty fast.

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
That's great Pete! At long last working for you, real good to hear. :)

Thanks Katink....I was nearly going to go back to smoking because I sure couldn't afford to keep buying atomizers at the rate I have been getting through them......if I can get them to start lasting for only the two weeks it wouldn't be so bad at all.

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
Is this still with the minipipe & the same juices that you used to use?

So what's the main thing that made things better - just burn-off ?

Hi exo....that's the frustrating thing when I started doing the burn method I had also started using my mod and a new RN 4072 atomizer because I had run out of mini pipe atomizers.....also I can do the burn with the mod and not with the mini pipe. At the same time as that I had also started to use only the ecopure ...so I can't really be 100 per cent sure it's the burning that has made the difference .. It could be the ecopure...it could be the slightly higher voltage of the mod. So it's not really a very good test to be certain of anything but your tests make me feel sure it cannot really be the juice that makes the difference ...so I am left thinking it's either the burning or the slightly higher voltage.

Last edited:

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Hi exo....that's the frustrating thing when I started doing the burn method I had also started using my mod and a new RN 4072 atomizer because I had run out of mini pipe atomizers.....also I can do the burn with the mod and not with the mini pipe. At the same time as that I had also started to use only the ecopure ...so I can't really be 100 per cent sure it's the burning that has made the difference .. It could be the ecopure...it could be the slightly higher voltage of the mod. So it's not really a very good test to be certain of anything but your tests make me feel sure it cannot really be the juice that makes the difference ...so I am left thinking it's either the burning or the slightly higher voltage.

Glad to hear you are having sucess Pete!!! What is the ecopure--grain alcohol? Also--where is the great Avidar you had?--Sun

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
Sound hopeful.
Do you still get black bits on your improvised mouth-piece mesh filter ?

Yes ...it's really not very much but it's still enough that I think it would be far better if everyone had some sort of particle filter in the air stream just to be absolutely certain they aren't inhaling any bits .....unfortunately I just don't know what I could recommend because what I am using myself seems ideal but at the same time I wouldn't know where anyone could get it from and I really don't know what else would be as good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread