Geyscano Box Mod (Chinese 50 Watt BF'er)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaketheRedPill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2009
Southern California
I saw this Geyscano the other day, and put a star by it's name. Out of stock then so thanks for the reviews!

One question: is the squonk bottle a standard 15ml bottle? ease of changing it out/cleaning? thanks!

I was reading vapingcheap.com and there's a 5% coupon for angelcigs for this model which is 'vapingcheap-5%'. It does work and knocks $3.50 off the price. Any other coupons out there?

Last edited:
Reactions: Kemosabe

santoki

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I saw this Geyscano the other day, and put a star by it's name. Out of stock then so thanks for the reviews!

One question: is the squonk bottle a standard 15ml bottle? ease of changing it out/cleaning? thanks!

I was reading vapingcheap.com and there's a 5% coupon for angelcigs for this model which is 'vapingcheap-5%'. It does work and knocks $3.50 off the price. Any other coupons out there?

the bottle is about 5.75cm height and 2cm diameter-the cap fits standard juice bottles that most ejuice vendors use, though compared to my mbv 15ml juice bottle its shorter and thinner-so i think its closer to 12-13ml.

its very easy to clean/take out-usually a basic rinse in hot water will clean it out. personally at the moment im using 9ml bottles from vapage and this tubing. I've still got some chemical residue from the juice and tubing it came with, so im letting it sit in soap and hot water to see if that helps speed up getting rid of the chemical smell/taste residue.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
Angel Cig still has Geyscano 50w VV/VW Box Mod + RDA Silver
Guess I'm going to be a Guinea Pig, get one soon because they say they have 22 in stock ready to ship tomorrow.
Meaning that mine might ship tomorrow.

If I interpreted the review correctly, It does concern me if the chip can be seen from within the housing because if you have fluid

Bye Bye Chip.

Last edited:

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
For the $$, I don't mind cleaning or swapping out the tubing / bottle if necessary.. Kinda like when purchasing a used BF'er from the classies. ;) Hopefully, folks will be able to work around the other little quirks as well, and make this a decent regulated BF'er. :) The board is on the opposite side of the juice bottle, so I'm not too concerned about leaks getting to it, but perhaps a tube of silicone can save the day there to seal it up..

santoki

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
thanks Santoki sounds like it will take most standard 10ml bottles then.

re: chemical smell/taste - Arm and Hammer baking soda should do the job (will soap-i-fy grease/oil). Table vinegar is another odor neutralizer/degreaser.
i was able to eliminate it from the cap/bottle with the rubbing alcohol fairly quickly. fortunately i have 10 feet of tubing so im not going to bother with them.

Angel Cig still has Geyscano 50w VV/VW Box Mod + RDA Silver
Guess I'm going to be a Guinea Pig, get one soon because they say they have 22 in stock ready to ship tomorrow.

If I interpreted the email correctly, It does concern me if the chip can be seen from within the housing because if you have a leak. Bye Bye Chip.
thats the first thing i thought when i inspected the ones i have-i'd feel alot more confident giving this device higher recommendations if it were assembled better and had tighter tolerances. that said-having gone through 2+ bottles i havent noticed any condensation buildup or leaks from either the bottle/510 tube connection pin area, though with the included rda there was a bit on the juicewell area but no leaking. that being said, oversquonking is a big concern since it will leak down the sides and potentially into the chip housing, especially for people unfamiliar with squonking. (im using steam crave aromamizer's i modded for bottom feeding, so oversquonking is almost literally impossible for me to do even on purpose..or even leaking in general, but i realize most people would probably use the included rda which is pretty small and can be oversquonked without much effort.)

santoki

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
For the $$, I don't mind cleaning or swapping out the tubing / bottle if necessary.. Kinda like when purchasing a used BF'er from the classies. ;) Hopefully, folks will be able to work around the other little quirks as well, and make this a decent regulated BF'er. :) The board is on the opposite side of the juice bottle, so I'm not too concerned about leaks getting to it, but perhaps a tube of silicone can save the day there to seal it up..

bottle/tube swapping is almost too easy...if you arent careful and you have to cover off, it can just drop right out lol. with the included bottle there is no room for rattle or movement though, so you shouldnt have to worry about it moving around when carrying it around.

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
bottle/tube swapping is almost too easy...if you arent careful and you have to cover off, it can just drop right out lol. with the included bottle there is no room for rattle or movement though, so you shouldnt have to worry about it moving around when carrying it around.

Does it look to you like the gaps in the board housing could be sealed-up with silicone?

santoki

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
here's a picture of what it looks like:
http://oi57.tinypic.com/1ph6cx.jpg

on the black one, you can see part of the board itself, and the gray one you can see the up/down buttons. both you can see the screen shining through though.

Attachments

• gscanos.jpg
    gscanos.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 159
Reactions: Kemosabe

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
Great Picture, you bet I"m going to silicon seal that puppy up.
There is no reason to have an internal gap to a chip that can be short circuited in a BF.

Over the past year, I've managed to coat the whole inside of my Reo With e-liquid.

Santoki, so what OHM Atty are you using.? How many Watts are you vaping at.?

santoki

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
im currently using an aromamizer that i modded for bottomfeeding with dual 1.5mm 28ga coils at .5 ohms and 30 watts. its currently my favorite rda, great flavor, acceptable airflow (a little tighter than im used to but still get good lung hits) and pretty decent clouds. also almost virtually impossible to overfill/cause leak unless done intentionally.

so i just recently noticed a weird, possible oversight in design. the back area of the chip next to the battery housing-its actually just foam. you could probably take a thin piece of plastic and glue something in place but still kind of weird, like they forgot to add proper backing to it.
gscanobad.jpg

santoki

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Also the RBA that came with it.
Is it bigger than a Reomizer v2?

Are the holes big enough for Dual Coil.?

Is the hole drilled through, or is the liquid coming from the posts and if from the posts
how close to the bottom.?

i dont have a rm2 (only 5 and 6) but its about 19mm diameter and about 21mm tall (chamber room) overall height is about 25mm. It's not suitable for dual coils as it only has one airflow hole, but its small enough that i dont think it would really require or be necessary to use two coils.

the two juice holes in the center post are seperate and drilled, they sit right above the deck. (red circle in the pic)

scanoatty.jpg

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
i dont have a rm2 (only 5 and 6) but its about 19mm diameter and about 21mm tall (chamber room) overall height is about 25mm. It's not suitable for dual coils as it only has one airflow hole, but its small enough that i dont think it would really require or be necessary to use two coils.

the two juice holes in the center post are seperate and drilled, they sit right above the deck. (red circle in the pic)

View attachment 424015

Great Pic, thank you
My area the Vape Shops all have drills so I'll be drilling a 2nd hole and
working it in as a Dual Coil if possible. I have my Reomizer 2 as a dual coil and that's
small.
The question is will the center post get in the way of a dual coil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread