Status
Not open for further replies.

rejoice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2008
USA KY
I'm still having problems folks :(

I eventually found an old white DSE901 atomiser that I could use on my GG without it instantly burning out :) Problem now is that batteries are dying after about 15 mins & one lot of 2 that I got with my kit after only the 3rd time of trying to recharge them, wont recharge - the light on the charger just remains red even after being in there for 6 hours :cry:

So I'm wondering if any of you clever folks could tell me if the CR2 batteries have been faulty all along, could they be the reason for killing my other atomisers?
This could also be the charger itself. My charger contact points have came out several time. It is easy to fix if you do not lose the part.

Wondering if all the contact points are on your charger. Tribal charger came in with one side of his contacts missing. Can you take a picture of this charger? My batteries take around 2 hours to charge. 6 hours is not normal.

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
LOL Nos, you are so right, I haven't got a multimeter :) Interesting that you also recieved a faulty pack as well.

Hi Rejoice, all the charger contact points are in place. 2 of the 4 batteries I have will recharge in it but they only last a few drags before they are dead again.

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Suzi, I emailed Tim yesterday asking about when he was going to be listing some more 510 adapters & mentioned that the atomiser he sent me with the kit die after only a few drags. I was kinda hoping he might offer to replace that but not heard back from him yet. I know he isn't well at the moment so don't want to inundate him with emails at the moment.

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Chrissie... maybe you could ask Tim to send you some new ones. I believe he replaced some defective ones for nos2k.

sounds like the fair thing to me, chrissie,
if they are not charging or holding a charge

yes, mine charge in approx 2 hours,
then smoke for about the same--------

if yours are not doing this ----
then I would certainly be asking for replacements..
GG is no good without her batteries -------

Judge Mental

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
FL
Suzi, I emailed Tim yesterday asking about when he was going to be listing some more 510 adapters & mentioned that the atomiser he sent me with the kit die after only a few drags. I was kinda hoping he might offer to replace that but not heard back from him yet. I know he isn't well at the moment so don't want to inundate him with emails at the moment.

I understand, Chrissie. I emailed him yesterday morning too and haven't heard back. I understand he's not feeling well but how hard is it to answer an email? I also think he should replace your atty.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Hey guys thought I would chime in here for a moment, brother and sister inlaw family from SC is going to be here very soon. If its the batteries or chargers there's definitely something wrong here. I have 4 pairs of batteries(being 8 total) and 2 chargers. All batteries fully charged does read 3.53V. then does its rapidly charge drop routine down to 3.2 and then further. Some of my battery combo's will last 1.5-5.5 hors now. Its hard to tell which by which cause they all read the same when full, I havent taken the time to give a good investagation.
As for the chargers, i noticed if you rotate the batteries when showing green light, the light will turn back to orange for another 5-20 minutes. Or sometimes when I put in a battery the light will red, that only happened probably 5 times but it does happen. Just confirming the problems with these batteries and/or chargers. Maybe Vince can figure it out, beings on how electrical savvy he is.

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Thanks folks :D

I'll wait for a reply to my first email to Tim & then mention the problem with the batteries.

LOL, I've been one of the lucky ones so far & in almost a year of vaping I haven't had any problems with either kits or spare parts (apart from just one DOA 901 batter a few months ago). So I guess it was about time my luck ran out.

I can see that the GG is made so well & I will be so happy when I can eventually use it as my main PV :)

CatVTTV

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2009
Tyne & Wear, UK
www.cpnewcastle.co.uk
Reading all these posts has inspired me to order some spare batteries and a charger from Deal Extreme, just in case..

But I read so often about Multimeters to check batteries and atomisers, which one would you guys recommend for a novice who doesnt know one end of a battery from the other, or should I just leave it..:(

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Hey guys thought I would chime in here for a moment, brother and sister inlaw family from SC is going to be here very soon. If its the batteries or chargers there's definitely something wrong here. I have 4 pairs of batteries(being 8 total) and 2 chargers. All batteries fully charged does read 3.53V. then does its rapidly charge drop routine down to 3.2 and then further. Some of my battery combo's will last 1.5-5.5 hors now. Its hard to tell which by which cause they all read the same when full, I havent taken the time to give a good investagation.
As for the chargers, i noticed if you rotate the batteries when showing green light, the light will turn back to orange for another 5-20 minutes. Or sometimes when I put in a battery the light will red, that only happened probably 5 times but it does happen. Just confirming the problems with these batteries and/or chargers. Maybe Vince can figure it out, beings on how electrical savvy he is.

Nice to have visits from family ---

Thanks for the heads up ----
so you have trouble too huh, ---
I forgot to mention in my post on these batteries
I do not use the charger that was sent with them
cos mine was smashed on arrival--

so I use a diff charger, so it could be the charger
but then who knows till the testing is done,
as you say Ikenbunny, by someone who knows electricricaltronics !!! 8-o

have a nice family day, talk to you soon, --
your posts are always informative,
entertaining, and welcomed by all---:)

Last edited:

wegster

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 10, 2009
    NC
    Reading all these posts has inspired me to order some spare batteries and a charger from Deal Extreme, just in case..

But I read so often about Multimeters to check batteries and atomisers, which one would you guys recommend for a novice who doesnt know one end of a battery from the other, or should I just leave it..:(

Something like this is fine. You can get cheaper, but then it's not auto-ranging. You can get much more $, but really, for home use, not complicated electronics design..this is fine:
    Amazon.com: Equus 3320 Auto-Ranging Digital Multimeter: Automotive

Just set it to Volts (dc, may have a symbol of V with *straight* lines next to it, straigh = DC, sine waves = AC) to measure batteries. Set it to Ohms or 'the upside down horseshoe' for measuring resistance for attys.

tribalmasters

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 19, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Good luck with your new batteries Chrissie! Whats wrong with Smokejuice? He had one of the bugs going round too?

Aanyway I have been doing some research (hehe) on the charger that comes with our GGs and it turns out it doesn't cut the power to the batteries when charging is done! Also the light does go green too early! This is fine during normal use but it would seem the batteries can be permanently damaged if left in the charger too long!! Luckily it would seem too long is about 18 hours so an hour or 2 shouldn't do any harm :)

My batteries are lasting much longer since I left them in for about an hour after the light turns green though I can only charge one battery at once because of my missing spring so I dunno how 2 batteries would behave in it!!

The charger is single channel so it wants batteries that are discharged to roughly the same level, mark each set and charge them together, I am lucky, I have no marker pen handy but one of my sets has a white colour at the top and other set is black yayyy!

Why not try the bad batteries charging just one battery in the charger at once like me with my missing spring and see if that makes it work better! That way the charger only has to worry about supplying power to one battery!

You can see the reviews and such about our charger DealExtreme: $5.48 CR2 Battery Charger its cheap and cheerful!

I ordered this as a replacement DealExtreme: $11.54 UltraFire 3.0V/3.6V CR123A Charger it gets great reviews, is the same brand as our green batteries, has dual charging channels so one flat and one not so flat battery can charge in it together and it plugs into a power cord instead of dangling, it even has a switch for 3 volts and 3.7 volts!! The only downside is that magnets are needed to fit the CR2s and its gonna take an age to get here!!

Di

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 30, 2008
    *Australia*
    Something like this is fine. You can get cheaper, but then it's not auto-ranging. You can get much more $, but really, for home use, not complicated electronics design..this is fine:

Just set it to Volts (dc, may have a symbol of V with *straight* lines next to it, straigh = DC, sine waves = AC) to measure batteries. Set it to Ohms or 'the upside down horseshoe' for measuring resistance for attys.

oooooh, wegs you haz brainz but no beauty--

you have no avatar, we cant see you -----8-o

go on, -- give us a peek !!!!

tribalmasters

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 19, 2008
    United Kingdom

"Auto-ranging scales eliminate the need to dial in the correct range when making electronic measurements" Thats just what I was looking for thanks wegster!!

mamu

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    IN USA
    I bought 20 of the cr2 batteries at dealextreme.com and of that 2 were bad.

I also bought 3 more chargers.

LOL - Iza got it covered for sure!!

Thanks for the tip Iken about changing the batteries in the charger after the light turns green.

I'm finding results the same as what Di says - takes about 2 hours to charge and about 2 hours to be dead from vaping.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread