GG Model Size Comparison - UPDATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

womblebat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2008
UK
Sounds ideal Mist, i once had some gifts sent to me from the East, hand tooled leather, some of the finest craftsmanship comes from the East, so much care and attention is put into the work, makes it special and puts the West to shame in some areas.

Keep us informed as to what the Lady says Mist, the description sounds great :)

vapn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
UK
I am trying to keep up here but you are a few ahead of me. I still have one that you don't hehehehehhe.........

3_24_05.jpg

3_24_01.jpg

IMEO, the new button is totally awesome. I really like the way it feels under your finger. Nice touch !!!!!!!!!!

Lisaf01

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
UK
www.cremedevape.com
Can someone tell me the diameters of the Grant and the GGTS? I'm sorry if this is mentioned some place that should be obvious to me, but I haven't been able to find it anywhere. :oops:

Thanks! :)

I believe the Grant was 20mm and the TS is 23mm.
The new Grant that Imeo is thinking of may or may not be the same diameter as the old one.

I am trying to keep up here but you are a few ahead of me. I still have one that you don't hehehehehhe.........
:p:p
Just imagine the photos we'll take when our GGs get together :shock:

Strike that.......
We're gonna be far too busy to be taking photos :pervy::pervy::D:D:D

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Wow. The TS looks HUGE in pics, which is one thing that made me leery of it. Thanks, Lisa! :D

GGTS can be very small if you smoke it on 3,7 volts with a cr123A battery sweety and its the smallest on 6 and 7,2 volts. Imagine that its full length is 1,5cm bigger than your middle finger:)

ps....... pictures can say the truth because you dont have a hand there to compare it

~Jo~

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2010
People's Republic of Illinois
GGTS can be very small if you smoke it on 3,7 volts with a cr123A battery sweety and its the smallest on 6 and 7,2 volts. Imagine that its full length is 1,5cm bigger than your middle finger:)

ps....... pictures can say the truth because you dont have a hand there to compare it

Even with a hand, it can be tricky, especially when they're big man hands. :) But my main concern is always comfort in holding a unit. I have pain in my hands, possibly arthritis (and I'm thinking that's not fair, since I'm not even 40 yet). So, I worry about the diameter and the weight and the button placement when I'm looking at a device. If it's too large or too small, I have to grip it too much. I'm very happy to learn that the GGTS seems to be close in size to what I already have since I know that's comfortable for me to hold, and it's probably even lighter.

I made a deal with my husband many years ago that if I ever quit smoking, I'd get to keep the money that we save. Now, for the first time, I'm glad cigarettes cost so much. :D I just hope I save enough before Rob is out of stock again.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Even with a hand, it can be tricky, especially when they're big man hands. :) But my main concern is always comfort in holding a unit. I have pain in my hands, possibly arthritis (and I'm thinking that's not fair, since I'm not even 40 yet). So, I worry about the diameter and the weight and the button placement when I'm looking at a device. If it's too large or too small, I have to grip it too much. I'm very happy to learn that the GGTS seems to be close in size to what I already have since I know that's comfortable for me to hold, and it's probably even lighter.

I made a deal with my husband many years ago that if I ever quit smoking, I'd get to keep the money that we save. Now, for the first time, I'm glad cigarettes cost so much. :D I just hope I save enough before Rob is out of stock again.

Diameter is not an issue because all people can handle it in their hands. Women can do it very easy and in small mode you cant fell the width Jo my dear

Also GG is a very light unit, you have to have one to see that.

The button is the most convinient in the world sweety, it has so many activation ways so you will easy find your favorite position.

Your arthritis is an issue but not for GG. If you squezze the GG in your hands with the button on your palm you will see how easy it is.:)

~Jo~

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2010
Diameter is not an issue because all people can handle it in their hands. Women can do it very easy and in small mode you cant fell the width Jo my dear

Also GG is a very light unit, you have to have one to see that.

The button is the most convinient in the world sweety, it has so many activation ways so you will easy find your favorite position.

Your arthritis is an issue but not for GG. If you squezze the GG in your hands with the button on your palm you will see how easy it is.:)

I'm looking forward to finding out for myself, Imeo. :D :thumbs:

Wafflestomper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
But my main concern is always comfort in holding a unit. I have pain in my hands, possibly arthritis (and I'm thinking that's not fair, since I'm not even 40 yet).

Hey Jo, I remember we had discussed this in the past. The GGTS loaded with 2 RCR123a's and an atty feels lighter to me than my little chuck does empty.

In looking at it, it might be very very very slightly bigger in diameter, but less than the width of a dime.

The button depresses at least as easily. I hold mine with the button resting against the palm of my and it's very comfortable that way.. and it only takes gentle squeeze to activate it.

And to change out the batteries, you don't have to fuss with a small endcap if your hands hurt...you can do it on the body of the unit.

~Jo~

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2010
Hey Jo, I remember we had discussed this in the past. The GGTS loaded with 2 RCR123a's and an atty feels lighter to me than my little chuck does empty.

In looking at it, it might be very very very slightly bigger in diameter, but less than the width of a dime.

The button depresses at least as easily. I hold mine with the button resting against the palm of my and it's very comfortable that way.. and it only takes gentle squeeze to activate it.

And to change out the batteries, you don't have to fuss with a small endcap if your hands hurt...you can do it on the body of the unit.

Yep, I was very concerned about buying a LC for exactly the same reasons. :) Thanks, Waffle. The comparison was very helpful and makes me feel even better about getting a GGTS, hopefully soon.

Lisaf01

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
UK
www.cremedevape.com

I've got smaller hands than anyone I've ever met and I've got pretty terrible carpal tunnel syndrome in both hands and I don't have any problems with my GG Trans or my GG Telescopic at all. The only thing I might add is that you should try to get the softer spring in the button as the harder spring could possibly be hard on arthritic fingers over a whole day's continuous use.

This is a oooooold pic of how I usually hold my trans:

ggt_hand01.jpg

Last edited:

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I've got smaller hands than anyone I've ever met and I've got pretty terrible carpal tunnel syndrome in both hands and I don't have any problems with my GG Trans or my GG Telescopic at all. The only thing I might add is that you should try to get the softer spring in the button as the harder spring could possibly be hard on arthritic fingers over a whole day's continuous use.

This is a oooooold pic of how I usually hold my trans:

ggt_hand01.jpg

oooooooo, nice nails dear!!!!

~Jo~

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2010

Thanks, Lisa! I feel like this will be a good mod for me, especially since I'm not really interested in doing the HV thing which would make it really big. Now I'll sit here and pout until I get to order it. :rolleyes:

And yes, nice nails. :D A pic of my hands would not be nearly so pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread