Status
Not open for further replies.

unloaded

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
SW. Indiana
You can goto Hobby Lobby or Micheals in the jewelry making section. I got some sterling wire but it was 28g and a little on the big size. They also have some "silver plated" and "silver colored" wire in smaller gauge that works. Make sure its not stranded wire, they've got it right by what you want.

Sad Society

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Is there anyone that sells clear tanks for the Penelope?

Just started using the Penelope tonight (still on my first tank of juice). I too would be interested in a clear tank. The tank it comes with is nice. But not knowing how much juice you're using...it all comes down to guessing.

I think once I become more acquainted with it, then eventually I'll be able to know when I'm running low.

Xaiver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Clearwater, MN
Just started using the Penelope tonight (still on my first tank of juice). I too would be interested in a clear tank. The tank it comes with is nice. But not knowing how much juice you're using...it all comes down to guessing.

I think once I become more acquainted with it, then eventually I'll be able to know when I'm running low.

If you're using flavors that have a pretty strong flavoring, you'll know pretty quickly when it runs low. From my experience, when it's full you'll get a lot of flavor, and that will continue until the liquid isn't actually pooled over the wick at the liquid control. Once it gets to that point, the flavor will start going away until you're wondering where the flavor went...that's a good sign that it's empty. It's not quite as sharp of a contrast as dripping, but you'll definitely know.

I do think that the clear tanks look pretty cool though.

Sad Society

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Check out this thread. They should be at avidvapor soon.

Does anyone know if the clear tank is threaded to screw on (on both sides)?

One of my biggest pet peeves was having a tank using rubber gromets/washers holding the ends together. I've had them fall apart in my pocket. One time I was at a concert and had one fall apart in my pocket and my pants reeked of e-liquid. I was not happy.

This is my second day with my Penelope, and she is awesome. I looked at many RBA's before deciding to get this one. Rebuilding it is easy and having juice control rocks. And all the parts screw together which makes it even better.

The workmanship and quality put into this is way beyond what I expected. Infact...the first day I got my Penelope, I didn't use it, in fear of messing it up with ejuice. I guess I was mesmerized by the quality. No chinese made atty can top this thing. PERIOD.

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
Does anyone know if the clear tank is threaded to screw on (on both sides)?

I haven't actually seen one but, if you look in the Kan Faris mods section on avidvapor, the Odyseus clear tank is there and it's threaded on both ends. I'm not sure how you could adapt an o-ring set up to a Penelope.

BigErn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2012
Georgia
Anyone been dripping with the Penny?
IMG_0758.jpg

Sad Society

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I've been having trouble with leaking through the bottom of the Penelope. I leaks through the bottom hole and then it guggles when I take a drag. Even when I make sure the mouth piece/juice control is screwed all the way shut. I even make sure it screws all the way shut before I attach the outer tank. Maybe the bottom washer isn't working properly. Or maybe it's wicking too well and the coil can't keep up, which would make the juice leak through the center hole. I really don't know.

Sometimes it will be working just fine and then I will refill the tank...and then it floods.

I guess the only way to find out is to blow out the excess juice in front of a mirror. If it is leaking through the sides then I'm thinking about going to Home Depot and fiddle with trying to find a thicker bottom washer.

Sad Society

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
OK it's definitely the bottom washer thats failing. I took the top cap off the tank and left my mod and Penelope standing upright. Before I knew it juice was leaking down my mod. When I took the top cap off, it depressurized the tank and the juice leaked out. Hope Home Depot has a better bottom washer.

unloaded

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
SW. Indiana
You can loosen the locking nut and screw the ceramic housing further into the base, then tighten the locking nut. This will put more pressure on the oring, if that's what's leaking. It will also make the center pin longer and probably give you a lighter draw. Are you screwing the top cap on slowly after you fill? If not it will create pressure in the Pene and cause some leaking until pressures equalize. There is a good thread with tips and tricks for the Pene in The GG section. One other thing that could cause your leaking would have to do with your wick, I use a double wick in all my setups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread