The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

GG series o-rings guide

Discussion in 'The GG' started by imeothanasis, Jun 12, 2011.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. imeothanasis

imeothanasis Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    List is right, no worries buddy. But thanks for pushing me check again:)

2. ManniGfaltig

ManniGfaltig Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 26, 2011
    Germany
    There is still the "3x1,78 or 3x2 under the center post's top nut" ring in the new style Ody (got replaced by a little acryl disc) and that ring is missing for the classic style Ody. Alternatively the names can be swapped :)

3. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    this is still an o-ring manni. We replaced the o-ring between center post and ceramic housing:)

ps....... But I need to change the description on Ody big mode that has 12 o-rings

4. Bishopheals

Bishopheals Reviewer / Blogger Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 23, 2012
    Staten Island
    How about some love for Penelope?

5. Ariel_MX

Ariel_MX Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2010
    Guadalajara, México
  6. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    great work ariel, thank you very much !!!!!!!!

7. sedge

sedge Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 8, 2012
    Palm Springs, CA
    I'm still unclear on the orings for Ody v2. I need the one that goes on the center pin above the top nut and the one that rests inside the ceramic cup. They look close to the same size but a little different.

Also can some tell me if the oring inside the ceramic cup goes under the nut or around the nut? The reason I ask is I just got and Ody drip mode from cov and the oring is around the nut instead of below it as I am used to seeing.

8. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    put inside ceramic 2 same o-rings 3x1,78, under the nut
    Put 3x2 under the nut that holds the positive wire

9. sedge

Jan 8, 2012
    Palm Springs, CA
    Imeo. Please let me ask for clarification. Is the first number "3" the outer diameter in millimeters?, and the second number "1.78" the inner diameter or the Cross Section measurement?

I see o-rings listed with 3 dimensions, ID (inner diameter), OD (outer diameter) and CS (cross section).

Also, are you saying to put not one, but two of the same sized o-rings inside the Odysseus v2ceramic cup? I have not seen that before in any of the new Odys or Pennys that I have purchased new.

Finally, I am assuming that the 3x2 o-ring to which you are referring is the flat hard rubber washer that is between the knurled nut and the ceramic housing?

There is a third o-ring that seals the hole in the bottom of the Ody base. What size o-ring is that?

Thank you in advance.

10. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    an o-ring 3x2 for example, is an o-ring with 3mm hole and 2 mm cross section. That means that the outer diameter is 7mm sed.

2 o-rings 3x1,78 go only inside Ody's ceramic

the 3x2 o-ring goes under the nut that keeps positive wire and its the one that seals the hole in the bottom of the Ody base. Its not the plastic that goes between ceramic housing and center pin. This plastic is not an o-ring but a plastic ring:)

11. sedge

Jan 8, 2012
    Palm Springs, CA
    Imeo. Perfect clarification. Thank you.

12. the ob

the ob Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jan 31, 2011
    Portlandia
    So I just want to clarify.

We can use 3x2 instead of 3x1.78 under the center pin inside the ceramic correct?

And we use 2 right?

13. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    the 3x2 o-ring will not fit well inside cap but it will fit at the end. As for the number of o-rings, put 1 of them if the o-ring is 3x2 ob

14. the ob

Jan 31, 2011
    Portlandia
    So I really need to find a supplier for the correct ones.

I bought a ody second hand and even after cleaning, can't get the taste of the old juice out. Any recommendations?

I've used lemon juice, vinegar and baking soda.

Do you have any idea when cov will get I rings again? Or a us supplier for the correct ones?

15. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    after my holidays I will send to cov a lot of stuff like engraved tubes, connectors, telescopes, o-rings, ceramics, buttons, CT etc

16. the ob

Jan 31, 2011
    Portlandia
    Thanks imeo.

In the meantime anyone have a way to completely extract a flavor from a o ring till I can get new ones?

17. Ezkill

Ezkill Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 26, 2012
    Los Angeles
    I know you tried everclear but I've used 99 percent isopropyl alcohol with great success. Two hour soak got rid of the menthol in the o-rings but not the ceramic. I had to torch the ceramic.

It's honestly gone. I detest menthol and can catch even the faintest wiff of it.

18. the ob

Jan 31, 2011
    Portlandia
    thanks. I will try that. The alcohol did not harm the o-rings or ceramic right?

19. Ezkill

Ezkill Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 26, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Nope.

I know the alcohol difference might seem nominal against everclear but the difference between 91% Isopropyl and 99% is huge when cleaning contacts. That 8% difference seems to make a big difference. It might be enough to remove the flavor from your stuff. I would give it a good rinse after the soak. It's 99 percent so it should evaporate extremely quickly but I would rinse the heck out of it.

It's a bit hard to find 99% in the stores. I order it from Amazon.

20. fright88

fright88 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 21, 2011
    Loveland CO
    PM me with what sizes you need and I will check my o-ring stash.