The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

GG series o-rings guide

Discussion in 'The GG' started by imeothanasis, Jun 12, 2011.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. cw007

cw007 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 28, 2011
    Ohio
    Can anyone tell me where I can get orings for the penelopes. The one i really need is the one that goes under the positive connection i think its 1.78x1.78

2. fright88

fright88 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 21, 2011
    Loveland CO
    I've been using 1.8x1.8 from here
    O-Rings, Inc. Since 1958 - Buy Online

3. medman1234

medman1234 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 11, 2010
    Tampa
    Will you be sending any SS 4in1 caps?They are on your list but not at COV.I know there were limited quantities of the brass but what about the SS?
    I have asked several times in several places for weeks but have gotten no response from anyone about them.
    I did receive my GGTS the other day and it is very nice.
    What about the magnet upgrade for the switch?

4. imeothanasis

imeothanasis Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    this 4 in 1 cap is on preorders list, so it will be ready in about 2,5 months med. What is ready for now will be send to Bruce.

I am not making magnets any more but I think there are some places where they make magnets that may fit on switch. Other people here know better than me so I am sure they will help you on this issue:)

5. nodizil

nodizil Full Member Verified Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Cali
    I'm finding different sizes for the o-ring on the penelope, can someone please clarify. I found some people using 1.8 x 1.8. and I found 3mm (ID) x 1.8mm (Cross section (thickness) in the wiki. I am looking for the one that goes under the nut to ground the wire to prevent leaking of juice on to my provari. Thank you.

6. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    we used to use 3x1,78 but this o-ring sometimes stucks to the bottom of the penelope's base and prevent rebuildable part to get unscrewed easily, so we now use 1,78x1,78 nod:)

7. urquidezj

urquidezj Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 18, 2010
    Tucson AZ
    1.78 by 1.78 imeo? Confuses me. I has to rebuild peny today and Dan was that ish hard to pull apart! What is the size oring for the bottom of positive pin? You say 1.78 wiki says 1.8

8. Ariel_MX

Ariel_MX Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2010
    Guadalajara, México
    My fault, I didn't update the wiki (Imeo updated first post on august 22)

9. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    1,8x1,8 is ok too urq:)

10. Ariel_MX

Ariel_MX Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2010
    Guadalajara, México
    It seems that is not common to find the exact metric sizes of o-rings in USA, so I was thinking in the AS568 sizes as an alternative, for example:

Odysseus in short mode:

Official metric O-Rings sizes:
    (Inner diameter x Cross section (thickness) in Millimeters)

16 x 1.5 (2) Odysseus base, between refilling cap and body
    1.78 x 1.78 Under center pin
    9 x 2 Between caps

AS568 closest available sizes:

[​IMG]

will those (AS568) o-rings work ok?

I'm looking for an alternative, standardized measurement and equivalent to the official sizes, to include in the GG Wiki O-Rings guide.

11. Killjoy1

Killjoy1 Ω Destroyer Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 15, 2011
    New Hampshire, US
    Ariel, I think they're all readily available here. They don't have 1.78 exactly, but do have 1.8 mm cross section and I don't think anybody will notice any difference from them being 0.02mm thicker ;-)

12. Killjoy1

Killjoy1 Ω Destroyer Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 15, 2011
    New Hampshire, US
    Oh, and that replacement for the 9 x 2 may or may not work. I had better luck with a 3/32" cross section for that application, the 1/16" allowed a little air ingress and caused some flooding on my Ody (tried that size replacement a while back after losing the original o-ring, I suspect that o-ring I used was my problem but can't be 100% positive, it was quite a while ago). For the record, I'm still using that 3/8 x 3/32 for my Ody top cap

13. gsa

gsa Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 27, 2009
    So just for reference here a 1.78x1.78 o-ring is actually AS568A-004 or .070" ID .210" OD

14. houmles

houmles Senior Member Verified Member

I unfortunately lost one of two orings which are in 510 connector. What are they size pls? Thanks

15. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    of what GG construction houm? Also there is no o-ring on any 510 connector of GG.

Do you mean the 4 in 1 connector of GGTS?

16. houmles

17. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    Ok then, you need 2 orings, 2x1 houmle. Greek seller has those o-rings for sure:)

18. houmles

2x1? Are you sure?
    I measure it with digital caliper and it is 2mm thick and internal diameter is 3mm (outer 7mm).

19. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    Oups, I am very sorry houm. I didnt see your link, I just read your post! You are right, its 2 o-rings, 3x2 each:)

20. houmles

ok, thanks anyway :)
    At least it forces me to found that caliper at home. I can't find it long time because I don't use it too much :D