GG Tilemahos Armed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danana

Oct 21, 2012
uk
Have been using the Armed now for maybe a month, whilst it vapes really well it makes me nervous.The thing that I love about GG Products is the feeling they will last forever.My overwelming feeling with the Armed is its only a matter of time till I cross thread the thing. I hate plastic threads and the top and bottom of the tank both rely on them.

A-C-E

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2015
Austria
I am not claiming it is Imeo but @Vaporino reports that it helped in his case. I have tried to make a microcoil to counter the long leg resistance issues a bit and lower the coil as much as possible closer to the airhole and that improves taste in my opinion (while it is a pain to squeeze the coil in such a restricted space). Raising the airhole might be a solution, but you have the tools and skills to try Imeo!
Sorry Vaporino - did not intentionally forget to give you credit. Was not even aware of your presence here.

A-C-E

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2015
Austria
@imeothanasis After looking at the disassembled armed I think raising the airhole might be the solution for coil users but might create issues for spring users (although some might desire the spring closer too).
The cause for grief is that coils have a bigger distance to airhole than springs (at least when you do not produce insanely long coil legs). I think the easiest solution would be to shorten the posts with the screws similar to Vaporino so that springs and coils are at the same distance to the airhole and then look into the effects of airhole distancing for both if still an issue.

Reactions: NandyDC

A-C-E

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2015
Austria
@Grifo which airflow option do you have installed in the armed? I wonder if you would get closer to the performance of the V2+ if you insert some tube into the airhole like the reducers smokerstore uses for their Taifun RTAs. That brings the airhole closer to the coil and allows you to tighten down the draw to V2+ level as well. Not an option for those of us who like less restricted draw unfortunately.

Grifo

Jan 17, 2016
@Grifo which airflow option do you have installed in the armed? I wonder if you would get closer to the performance of the V2+ if you insert some tube into the airhole like the reducers smokerstore uses for their Taifun RTAs. That brings the airhole closer to the coil and allows you to tighten down the draw to V2+ level as well. Not an option for those of us who like less restricted draw unfortunately.

Hi A-C-E,
I've tried every airflow available:
-the smallest one is too tight for my taste (but the vapor production is a little better)
-the medium one is ok, but the vapor production is very poor.
-the largest one is useless for my way of vaping.

Anyway, also in springomizer mode, where the coil is naturally close to the airhole, I find taste not so good as in V2+.(and vapor production is still poor).

For me is a big disappointment.
I was expecting an improvement over V2+, but, FOR ME, it's not, which is why I'm trying to sell it and stay with my two V2+.

Mandro

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2012
Tamworth UK
Got my armed for Xmas and just got around to setting it up.
I read the previous post regarding the distance between the air hole and the coil when using a standard build so decided to make my own spring using 28awg kanthal.
I really impressed with the performance and the ease of building my own spring.
So far, I think that it vapes at very least as good as the V2+ plus it's got all the added features.

Reactions: steliosss

Akrotiri

Moved On
Oct 4, 2016
Did
Got my armed for Xmas and just got around to setting it up.
I read the previous post regarding the distance between the air hole and the coil when using a standard build so decided to make my own spring using 28awg kanthal.
I really impressed with the performance and the ease of building my own spring.
So far, I think that it vapes at very least as good as the V2+ plus it's got all the added features.
Did it come with a stainless steel tank and the clear tank or just the stainless?

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
the X1 fat had a price at 180 euros Nandy when the X1 had a price at 89. So the price of the fat was 2 times the price of the regular style. Same had to happen on fat Armed. It had to be at 258 euros. But its at 225. Also the first users bought it at 195 as a gift. I just like to make gifts from time to time! :)

Reactions: NandyDC

NandyDC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2009
San Juan, PR
Ok I got it now, thanks.

[emoji322][emoji322]Happy New Year 2017 Imeo and GG Family!!! [emoji322][emoji322]

the X1 fat had a price at 180 euros Nandy when the X1 had a price at 89. So the price of the fat was 2 times the price of the regular style. Same had to happen on fat Armed. It had to be at 258 euros. But its at 225. Also the first users bought it at 195 as a gift. I just like to make gifts from time to time! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread