• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

GG with AFS vs. JuiceBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

thejager

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hey all,

Wasnt sure which thread this would be best for. Why not a new one?

anyways, i ordered my Juicebox at the end of December so i am sure i have some waiting to do, which has caused me to search around, which brought me to the GG again. (i hadnt looked at the GG since before the AFS was made.. grrrr to Trog and his dependable SD)

so, i was hoping maybe someone with a Juicebox might also have a GG with the AFS and could compare in video or discussion. I know they are two beasts, but their auto-feeding (even if different styles), seem the supreme appeal.

alright, i am done.

Help me Obi-wan Juicebox group, you're my only hope

Aaron

beingbekah

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2010
N Georgia
Uh... if you wanna spend more than $200 for something it took less than $20 to make, that's your business. I expect a markup, but that's insane.

The GG looks solid though. I haven't heard anything bad about it since the whole explosion issue was resolved, but then again, I haven't researched it much. I gave up on it after I checked the price. I think I heard that the wait time is just as long (if not longer) than for the JB somewhere.

Onboard juice delivery systems are the wave of the future, I think. I've got a feeling we'll be seeing a lot of mods with juice delivery systems in the near future. There are already several. Only 2 are currently available though, as far as I know. It'll be interesting to see what the future brings.

jebey29

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
Winnsboro,LA
Please enlighten me. What is the other available besides the JB?

Mr puff has one similar to carlos JB but it is not nearly as "perfected". He uses standard 901 atomizers so they can be easily changed out or you can also use a cartomizer with his auto juice feeder to constantly top off your cart.

Petercro has the other JB and its along the same lines as Mr. Puff or vice versa and that design is in its infancy but hes along the right thought process. His pump bottle hangs out of the JB and when you want more juice you just push on the bottom of the bottle to feed the attie.

The JB by carlos looks more put together but im sure all of the knock offs are going to be showing up shortly as the JB is now arriving in peoples hands.

The modders already know what ohm the atomizer is at and they now know how he is delivering the juice to the attie so i would expect that those same modders are already tweaking his design and will shortly have one of their "own" available.

I have the links to those 2 threads i just cant figure out how to paste them here.

Correction: actually the second device is called the UPAC by moonman. I got that device confused with Petercro. I havent seen his device but im researching it now.

Here are those 2 links. And I found Petercros Mod ! Although Carlos is light years ahead of the competition he better get to moving as these guys are not far away.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modders-forum/17085-upac.html

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modders-forum/69347-my-homemade-mini-juicebox-mrpuffer.html

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modders-forum/64983-e-pipe-juice-machine.html

Last edited:

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
In my opinion, what carlos has done with the atty is even more impressive than juice delivery. It this atty has been truly going for several months without failure, that is really the "next generation" in vaping. As we all know the atty is the weak link in this whole process...........

jebey29

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
Winnsboro,LA
In my opinion, what carlos has done with the atty is even more impressive than juice delivery. It this atty has been truly going for several months without failure, that is really the "next generation" in vaping. As we all know the atty is the weak link in this whole process...........

I agree that the atomizer is the weak link for those that use atomizers...510, 801,901 and all the others. But in my opinion the cartomizer is a huge step forward its just that the "old" vaping guard still has not discovered the true advancements with the cartomizer. Those carts are going on months and months of use. Many have reported refilling them hundreds of times with no issues and few failures.

For me and i think the general vaping public at large juice delivery is the overriding concern. No mess, no fuss.....just vape. As more of these delivery systems are perfected i believe you will see a large migration from the smoking public to the vaping world.

Actually, any decent product with mass marketing could take over the market right now. I really havent understood why more companies are not devoting more dollars to their marketing budget. You see a few TV ads here and there but its from overnight companies with little or no track record and a substandard product. Any of the current players right now, and really there are only about 3 in that category, could take over and own the market if they would just mass market their product.

juicefreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2009
Oklahoma
the atomizer is what sold me on the JB also. the juice feed is a bonus. i've been reverse dripping my atties up the battery hole with good results too, so it is very feasible to make a juice delivery system piped up through the bottom of the atty.

the weak link in reverse dripping is the atty gets hot if you don't also put a drop on the top. still makes tons of vapor and long lasting between refills, similar to a cartomizer. i tried cartos recently, but for the life of me can't get them to hit well vaporwise. i'll tinker with those some more too.

the GG AFS if it is the same as it was several months ago, i agree too clunky. doesn't really add a feature that is seamless.

the other problem with GG products are warranty repairs. after several fiasco's with bad service to others, i wrote them off.

i'm sure carlos will evolve his JB into something more aesthetically pleasing as it progresses, but for me having moved past the 'it's gotta look like a cigarette' mentality, it will be perfectly fine for me.

it's that TH that i'm looking forward to also, because i vape and vape and am left wanting. 5v's makes no difference for me in that area either. there must be something unique about carlos atty. he got something 'just right'. at least that's my hope as i anticipate it coming soon.

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt
I was looking at the 510 atomizer resurrection thread the other day, and people have reporting that removing the wick and bridge was making previously dead attys into good drippers. Considering that the jb/ mini or tardis feeds juice from the bottom, reverse dripping-if you will, I'm wondering if this has something to do with the carlos special sauce atty. People are speculating on that thread that the wick getting gunked up and not delivering juice is what's causing their attys to fail. If this is correct, atty failure may get to be a whole lot less common than it is now.

Petercros' mini box (or, Tardis, because it's bigger on the inside than it is on the outside) uses the rn4081, which ecf's own jim davis swears by for consistent, prolonged use. It looks like this is a proof of concept, and he gives pretty detailed instructions on how to do it, along with some good pictures on his thread. The mini also appears to be quite a bit smaller than the juicebox due to some clever engineering.

Last edited:

highping

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Columbus, OH
As we all know the atty is the weak link in this whole process...........

I think I disagree Elendil. The atty is A weak link, but to me, it's the strongest "weak link". When you think about it, there are really only 3 links to the whole thing... Batt, atty, and juice delivery. When looking at strictly stock equipment, the most obvious weak, (flimsy, pathetic) link is the battery. No big deal though. BB Mods are a dime a dozen these days, so nobody is using stock batts after a month or so anyway, Batts have kinda become a non-issue. The next weak link (IMO), is the cart/juice delivery (hence, the 2 dozen different cart mods floating around on the forum). So that leaves the atty as the best link in the bunch.
I'm hopeful that Carlos has built an 'immortal atty', (and I don't want to downplay that if he has)...but I've got an 8 dollar 510 atty that I have been vaping (almost exclusively) for about 4 months. Now, I have used many attys mainly to try new flavors and new atty models, etc. But this one is my all day/everyday atty. I figure I've vaped about 400ml through it, and it hits like the day I bought it. Also, when you look at all the mods out there the atty is the least modded part of the PV. That could be because it is the piece that needs modding the least, or it could be because it is the hardest piece to attack as a modder. IDK.

I agree that the atomizer is the weak link for those that use atomizers...510, 801,901 and all the others. But in my opinion the cartomizer is a huge step forward its just that the "old" vaping guard still has not discovered the true advancements with the cartomizer. Those carts are going on months and months of use. Many have reported refilling them hundreds of times with no issues and few failures.
Actually, any decent product with mass marketing could take over the market right now. I really havent understood why more companies are not devoting more dollars to their marketing budget. You see a few TV ads here and there but its from overnight companies with little or no track record and a substandard product. Any of the current players right now, and really there are only about 3 in that category, could take over and own the market if they would just mass market their product.

Sorry Jeby, but I have to disagree with you too. (man, I'm a disagreeable SOB tonight :rolleyes:)

Cartomizers are 'ok' from a convenience perspective, but they have their big issues too. For me a carto just has too much air in the hit. It almost like hitting a 510 while holding an empty 510 cart in your lips at the same time. Half air, half vape. The other problem is that there is no way to get a 'clean' hit from a carto. No matter how you hit it, or how you refill it, you are always going to have that 'filler taste' with every hit. Most ppl that use them may not even notice it, but if you strictly drip on a conventional atty for a couple days and then hit a carto, you will taste it. They are nice, but definitely not THE juice delivery solution (IMO)

As for the statement that someone could take over the market... No one will ever 'own' the market for anything PV related. Sure you can be the pioneer, and sure you can even get patents, but concepts will get copied and 'knocked off'. No way to prevent it. Show me one thing PV, that hasn't been copied. There are none. All the way back to (and including) the original PV. The only way to sustain profits in this business is to be constantly chasing the next thing and then cashing in on it in the very short time that you are the only one selling it. You only have a small window before you are in price wars with the competitors that move in. There are exceptions to this (like the chuck), but there will be very few.

* all preceding statement are just my opinion, I am not claiming any of them to be facts (except to myself). (<< I should make that my sig:p)

Stormynights

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2009
Bristow, Ok.
I have a JB and GG with AFS. It is really hard to compare them because I love both of them. I will admit that I am a fan to both of them.

I like the GG best for the durability and the sleek look.
I like the JB because of the atomizer. I am happy for the first time with 3.7V. I love the battery life. The vapor is much cooler with the JB. I think this summer that will be a real plus. I like the warm vapor this winter though with the GG and AFS. I really think both men are brilliant. I had more trouble getting the hang of the AFS than I had with the JB. Juice lasts longer in the JB but it seems to get weaker. Maybe this is just me.
I would have to say that they both get an A+. The absolute best would be the GG with one of Carlos's atomizers if he made them separate for other PVs. My recommendation is pick one or buy both. You will be happy with either one. The money saved on cigarettes will pay for both quickly. I have the older model AFS that was sent out for testing. I have never tried the newer model. If you can't tell, I am not good at writing a review. I just love them both.

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
Last edited:

Stormynights

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2009
Bristow, Ok.
Might have to meet you halfway up the pike for some show and tell, stormy...

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modders-forum/64983-e-pipe-juice-machine-11.html

The MkII, or Tardis, proof of concept mod, is currently leaving jolly old england for OKC as we speak. It's like your juice box had an affair with a super e-cig, and this is their cute little illegitimate offspring...

The thing for me with the JB is the atty. I normally have to have 6v. Carlos made an atty that is fantastic at 3.7. That is what sets his apart. That and the fact it will last a long time. :):):)

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
And hopefully, I'll be able to compare and contrast the two by the end of the month. I'd like to try talk mr puff into selling me a prototype for a menage-a' trois review.

The 4081 is supposed to be a tough little atty, Jim Davis swears they can be used (not abused) for months, and I'm dying to modify one or two using the 510 atty resurrection thread as a guide. People are reporting that removing the wicks and bridges on what they thought were dead attys are bringing them back to life as drippers. There's speculation that the wick gumming up and not conducting juice to the heating element is what's causing them to fail.

miss MiA

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2009
Chicago, IL
As it applies to vaping, there is of course more than one possible definition of "weak link." Depends on whether one is referring to improving the vaping experience, or improving the chances of being able to continue doing it at all (for a fairly long period anyway) even if it were b*nned. By the latter definition I'm in the "atty is weak link" camp, and appreciate seeing efforts to build 'forever' atties (no not literally possible I know ;)) most of all. May not be the definition most relevant to the OP tho. :p

Bigbuyer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
Florida, USA
dq10rt.jpg

No way, No Comparison. I get big hit after warm big hit on the GGTS with AFS. JB not even close. Just my honest opinion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread