• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

GG with AFS vs. JuiceBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigbuyer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
Florida, USA
Hey BigBuyer, I have a GGTS with AFS too. So would you say the throat hit is bigger on the GG then the juice Box? I actually don't get a big throat hit with my GGTS and AFS. So I just use it without the AFS and put a 510 atty on it.

And where did you get that gold cart? Very nice

Yes that is a Brass T-Tip from David at Super T.
Nice 2 tone combo, right?

You need to practice more with AFS. Make sure the AFS atty is working well. Use a thinner juice for better flow. I love Drew's Pear Lung Juice. Take short firm draws when you need juice in the Atty, then vape as usual. I get clouds. The hit is much better on the GGTS with AFS. Part of the reason is 6v.

highping

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Columbus, OH
The hit is much better on the GGTS with AFS. Part of the reason is 6v.

Of course it's going to hit better if it's running 6V that's apples and oranges.:rolleyes:

How do they compare when both are running 3.7V?

Still think that GG is a clunky looking piece of hardware (but thats just IMO). Not to mention, the setup you have there (GG and AFS) is about 300 bucks8-o
For that kind of cheese I think I'll go for a JB and 2 Chucks ;), and some attys, and juice, and...

Bigbuyer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
Florida, USA
Of course it's going to hit better if it's running 6V that's apples and oranges.:rolleyes:

How do they compare when both are running 3.7V?

Still think that GG is a clunky looking piece of hardware (but thats just IMO). Not to mention, the setup you have there (GG and AFS) is about 300 bucks8-o
For that kind of cheese I think I'll go for a JB and 2 Chucks ;), and some attys, and juice, and...

Yes, it is apples and oranges.
Even with 3.7v there is no comparison.
I would buy a GG and forget the other stuff.
I sold my chuck....and who knows what is next...

see this is the key thing.
Many vape at 5 or 6v
Meaning that there going to get a harsher hit due to the Voltage.
I feel the JB should never be compared to a 5v or 6v.

The GG/AFS Does look descent & Sturdy/Strong to me. But the price kept me away from it. I'm A poor Boy. Nice metal work though.

each device will always take time to get working how you like.
Running a 510/901 or 401 atty at 3.7 is also a major difference over stock 3v battery.. I coughed for the first couple days & got better vapor.

I'm sure if I ran at 5-6v I would double the coughing.
Just like some juices taste burnt at a slight higher voltage.

Just all MY Opinions. & I'm sure many will agree.

Hopefully people find my most useful & understanding.
if you never have used anything other then a stock battery in standard kit.
Try a 3.7v Batt & you will see what I mean.

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt
BB:

I'd really like to see a review from you comparing the various mods you've had. Same for lawnman3, youtubecommercial, and the other mega PV collectors.

So, are you saying the gg/afs is the 'one mod to rule them all'?

I ordered a jb, and will also be trying out two proof of concept mods: petercro's minibox and mr puff's mrpuffer. It's starting to look like they may all get here, by a strange quirk of fate, in late Feb/early March. I'll either post (hopefully) a good review comparing them, or die of nicotine poisoning, shortly afterward.

What can you tell me about starting out on the juicebox?

Oh, and it looks like the atty is inside of the afs, correct? Does this also help to regulate the temperature of the atty, like sticking the fuel pump of a car inside of the gas tank so the fuel will help keep the pump cool?

Last edited:

Stormynights

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2009
Bristow, Ok.
Well, usually when someone has a cycle and a car, they seem to primarily use the car on the weekdays to get to work, and the cycle on the weekends for fun.

Which one is your daily driver, and which one do simply take out for a change of pace?

Now I am using the GG more. This summer I might go to the cooler JB vape. I am being as honest as I can possibly be. I really love them both. Both makers get 2 thumbs up.

natura

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2009
USA-Western NY
No way, No Comparison. I get big hit after warm big hit on the GGTS with AFS. JB not even close. Just my honest opinion!

I wasn't going to join any groups! Spent enough time at ecf as it is...that said..I had to because of this response BB.

I notice BB you stated it takes time to get the hand of GG and the afs. How long did you actually have your Juice Box? 3 days? To me- since I didn't sell mine to you..doesn't seem like you could have had it more then a week and the same to the original buyer based on their posts.

Sorry Clumsy and all the reviews of the JB- You do a disservice to the JB. People are so excited o get them based on reviews and not the reality of a Carlos JB atty when new!

That said..I have had mine for a few weeks now at least! Seriously still having a love/hate relationship with it. Even took pics yesterday to place it on classifieds today. LOL BB your sale and how fast edge me in this direction. Along with being a vapor that doesn't have an all day vape- Major PLUS for keeping a JB for me...but still after over 2 months have not settled on any one.

UGH I could babble all day and cause many of you serious brain damage- try to keep that in mind as you read on..and if your eyes start rolling back..take a break : )

Well now I believe my atty is just NOW starting to be broken in..starting!!! I remember day one and being so disappointed. I switch to pure VG juice and had moments of OMG. ..such great vapor now not the pitiful thing I was getting with PG..but my monkey fingers couldn't maintain that proper top off atty routine that is obvious so get so quickly. The throat hits incredible if your in that stage between needing your fingers to get more juice..100's of cats are in my throat going down LOL...new juice ahh mellow ..well I just posted because I was very interested in the GG with AFS. Reading this thread ..and my long term goals of quiting vaping too..has made my decision one of no..I do not need the GG w/afs. Two_OH do I keep my JB?

Just placed 100% PG in it today moments ago. Just took one hit and thought WOW I didnt get that those first few days at all. Well off to vape some more. Still considering selling mine..I use all my pvs LOL JB 510 808/Bloog and mods. I like them all. Must be insane can't pick fav main vape nor PV. Drives me insane as a DIY e-juice girl cause the juice taste different in each one LOL. Something good in 5 volts 808 might not be good in 510 and something great in 510 not so good in DSE103 HA I'm stopping..and still considering selling my JB BUT dunno..I have been saying this to myself for weeks and haven't even placed iton classifieds. I thought I was going to do it today..LOL but not motivated to do so yet. I like my JB and I like all my pvs.

LOL I also tailpipe, dip, drip, and refill...maybe it's the artist in me that doesn't allow me to settle down into a pattern. Engineers have it so easy once they find what they like!

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
  • Deleted by Elendil
  • Reason: Duplicate post

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt
The GG with an AFS will run about $300. For that price it should be able to clean my house and provide certain other services as well. Plus you still have to replace atty's and can only use atty specific for the AFS.........

Plus, 6v sucks............

I'm really liking the ggts with a 18650 battery and a normal 510 atty. What's nice about the ggts is that you can use any atty and batty made, it's not just for the afs.

I've got an ad up for the afs (no one's biting, thanks!) and I'm wondering if should pop the extra money for it.

Stormynights

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2009
Bristow, Ok.
The GG with an AFS will run about $300. For that price it should be able to clean my house and provide certain other services as well. Plus you still have to replace atty's and can only use atty specific for the AFS.........

Plus, 6v sucks............

6V has to have the right atty. I don't like every atty at 6V. Carlos's atty is the only one I like at 3.7. It just goes to show how different we all are in our preferences. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread