• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

GG with AFS vs. JuiceBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralph T

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
I've tried 801, 510, 901, & cartos all at 6v. It is so overwhelming and hot, that of all the different flavors I have tried at 6v I can tell no difference between any of them. They all taste burnt. For me, not an enjoyable experience at all.

I feel the same way. I was expecting to be able to just take the same kind of lengthy hit I did at 3.7. Then I figured it out. Now, even at 5 volts I find myself pulsing the power on and off.

Stormynights

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2009
Bristow, Ok.
How long does your BE112 last at that voltage? I managed to kill one I trial ordered in about 3 or 4 days vaping at 5 and 6v (two different boxes).

Trying to get a little bit on-topicnow -- the JB is a 7.5 watt device, or thereabouts.

I use them about 2 to 3 weeks then they are sluggish. I clean them and vape the survivors. The answer is I don't know for sure but I am satisfied with how long they last me. Carlos has made a much better atty though.

natura

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2009
USA-Western NY
The GG with an AFS will run about $300. For that price it should be able to clean my house and provide certain other services as well. Plus you still have to replace atty's and can only use atty specific for the AFS.........

Plus, 6v sucks............

...And so in line with my thinking!

BB lol Thinking of putting it up for sale for weeks yes..still not done it. And my love/hate use to be about size of hits ..then it was consistency of hits......now it's want another flavor..YES drip in the top works great..AND U GOT HOW MUCH for it??? (I look at my budget thinking hmmm dang JB)

vapn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
UK
I don't have a juice box but I wanted to correct some errors in this thread. I just want to stop some rumors.

Uh... if you wanna spend more than $200 for something it took less than $20 to make, that's your business. I expect a markup, but that's insane.

The GG looks solid though. I haven't heard anything bad about it since the whole explosion issue was resolved, but then again, I haven't researched it much. I gave up on it after I checked the price. I think I heard that the wait time is just as long (if not longer) than for the JB somewhere.

I don't know where people get the idea it takes $20 to make a GG with the 7075 aluminum and brass prices what they are today. Markup is actually not that much. Machine labor rates are also pretty costly. And yes the GG is one ROCK SOLID device. (The exchange rate is the varialbe that drives the cost of the GG line up for those of us in the US anyway)

I feel I must point out the explosion issue is one for any mod using unprotected batteries particularly in tandem. The wait time for any popular custom made device in such high demand is always going to be a factor. The GG is apparently in production in much larger quantities this time and hopefully out of stock items will not be a factor much longer.

Some will like the way the AFS looks, some will not. I prefer function over form when it comes to my vaping. It has to work and that is the best part of the GG line. It works and works well.

For everyone who doesn't like 6v vaping. That may be because you are not using HV atties. The resistance is just too low on standard atties for 6v vaping and you WILL get a burnt taste at 6v. But the GGTS works great at 3.7v, 6v, and 7.4v also....

PS. I just bought a second hand AFS which will be my Third. That is how much I hate dripping after using the AFS.

Last edited:

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt
1. I'm about 3 weeks into my ggts. Been using a blue foamed 510 (non hv) atty with a 18650 battery. So far, this is my main, and favorite, vape. It's expensive, but as my depression baby parents like to say, 'You get what you pay for.' No design is perfect, but the ggts has been pretty rock solid so far. This combination has given me a 5v like vaping experience, and I'm dying to see if the new 18650 high drain battery will improve it further.

2. The generation one afs has a pretty steep learning curve. I'm throwing in the towel with mine (selling it, actually) and waiting on the 2nd version.

3. With one minor caveat, customer service on gg is stellar. The GG creator and his two distributors are always on the boards, and respond quickly to posts and PM's. The caveat is that they could be a little better about documentation and instructions about their products. Again, while the v1 AFS is 'not recommended for new users', it is complicated enough that a poorly lit, shaky video with poor sound and a 15 page forum thread to follow is woefully lacking. My GGTS is simple to the point of being intuitive.

4. For the life of me, I don't see why Carlos hasn't registered so he and his delegates can communicate directly with his customers. This lack of a presence in the place which helped create the juice box phenomenon is bound to negatively affect customer service. Oddly enough, a couple of veteran GG folks talked me out of canceling my JB order. As opposed to Imeo, the GG creator who is always on the boards, Carlos is the 'juice box pope' who steps onto the balcony once or twice a year to waive at his adoring masses. :nun::nun::nun: I hope Carlos gets stuff organized so he can address this. I want Carlos to madly succeed, everyone could stand to hear another rags to riches story to inspire us.

5. Hopefully, my JB order will get here shortly (ordered 1/16/10) so I can give my honest appraisal. I'm loving my GGTS, but my love is fickle; a better PV, if it exists, can quickly win it.

Ralph T

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
I received an email Sunday saying that my order status was changed from pending to shipping. Meaning it probably shipped Monday and should hopefully get here by Saturday, maybe even tomorrow.

Anyone have anything to tell me, any advice or suggestions before it gets here?

1. Take a good wiff of that smell in the atty before you do anything else with it. See if you can identify that odor. I have smelled it somewhere before but just can't place it. I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me what that is.

2. If you have the blue tenergy 18650 battery; The ones with no real button on the + side, you may have to tweak the + battery connector to make contact. Mine works fine with an ultrafire, but my tenergy's are pretty flat on the + end and it doesn't "make" with the + contact due to the blob of solder on that contact (which hits the insulation on the battery instead).

3. It is probably just as effective for break in to take the side cover off and blow gently into the atty, (like vaping only in reverse), instead of actually pulling vapor into your mouth like normal. I have been doing this for awhile now, (but maybe only 5 or 10 minutes a day though), trying to avoid that funky flavor. Taking the cover off prevents the vapor from condensing on the inside of the JB. Watching this operation in a mirror will give you an idea of the awesome vapor this thing can produce.

I still haven't given up. The way I figure it, either my senses will dull to that flavor, or it will go away. Hopefully the latter!

Good luck Clyde, and cheers!

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt
1. Take a good wiff of that smell in the atty before you do anything else with it. See if you can identify that odor. I have smelled it somewhere before but just can't place it. I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me what that is.

2. If you have the blue tenergy 18650 battery; The ones with no real button on the + side, you may have to tweak the + battery connector to make contact. Mine works fine with an ultrafire, but my tenergy's are pretty flat on the + end and it doesn't "make" with the + contact due to the blob of solder on that contact (which hits the insulation on the battery instead).

3. It is probably just as effective for break in to take the side cover off and blow gently into the atty, (like vaping only in reverse), instead of actually pulling vapor into your mouth like normal. I have been doing this for awhile now, (but maybe only 5 or 10 minutes a day though), trying to avoid that funky flavor. Taking the cover off prevents the vapor from condensing on the inside of the JB. Watching this operation in a mirror will give you an idea of the awesome vapor this thing can produce.

I still haven't given up. The way I figure it, either my senses will dull to that flavor, or it will go away. Hopefully the latter!

Good luck Clyde, and cheers!

1. I have bothered carlos and porphy about my order so much, I wouldn't be surprised if mine has the smell of bitter almonds. :rolleyes: But I'll take a good whiff of it, just for you.

2. I don't have any tenergy 18650's. A couple of gtl 2800's, a uf 3000 mah, and a couple of aw high drains. My hope is that the high drains may help a bit with the flooding/burnt taste learning curve, which i suspect may be the atty needing to be seasoned or broken in.

3. Will do as for the blowing, and will try that.

KD: what are you talking about? Who said anything about advertising?

JDSupreme

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
1. I have bothered carlos and porphy about my order so much, I wouldn't be surprised if mine has the smell of bitter almonds. :rolleyes: But I'll take a good whiff of it, just for you.
QUOTE]

Im pretty good at putting my finger on a smell or taste. I'll be sniffing my JB and reporting the results as well....MAYBE TODAY!!!! Im going out to lean on the mailbox :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread