Ggtb

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdvorr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2010
up nort, MN
I picked one of the new GGTB's up and really like this little device. This pic is the brushed nickel with brass end caps and it's beautiful. At $73.00 it's a great deal. It's a 901/808 native device and uses a 17670 battery for 3.7v & 2 CR123A batteries for 6v. It's entirely mechanical with a locking button. It's the best crafted, most solid device I've seen. It's also nice and small, only about 4 inches long and and slightly larger than a penny in diameter.:2cool:

2rpxwcz.jpg

2m6wrx5.jpg

5upzit.jpg

2eyxcia.jpg

Firefly13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2010
Oklahoma, USA
www.blackvelvetjuice.com
lawnman is right, brasso is no good for this type of brass, i know this because i have the gg slim in brass, and the best thing to do is buy some cape cod cleaning cloths and a microfibre cloth to buff it afterwards. and yes you are correct it is a pain in the ... to keep them clean lol :D

RippleInStillWater

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Land Of Corruption
You forget to mention why it is called the GGTB!!!!!:laugh:

The GGTB comes with a Telescoping Battery, in reality an adjustable spacer batt, that can be screwed to use most batteries in the GGTB below the 18650's, a nice little gizmo that I'm sure could be used in other mods.

Why should I care if its clean?!??!??!? Its just gonna get used anyway!:)

NebulaBrot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2010
in the NEBULA
the brass o is not that good on the brass the high speed buffing wheel is the way with the white ruge stick ...

thats the way takes a tad longer than brass o but well worth the 3 minutes and shine is blinding on my all brass ggtb mod ...

lawnman3..

lawnman is right, brasso is no good for this type of brass, i know this because i have the gg slim in brass, and the best thing to do is buy some cape cod cleaning cloths and a microfibre cloth to buff it afterwards. and yes you are correct it is a pain in the ... to keep them clean lol :D

Never owned a GG so it looks like I was wrong. In the military we used brasso to polish belt buckles and if they were not reflective... I used Never Dull wadding on Saber endcaps and it worked just fine. But, I clearly concede that I know absolutely nothing about GGs.

JD has me considering one of these. If I do grab one, it will either be the nickel (most likely) or aluminum cuz I really don't want to fuss with the polishing.

JD, you can still have the N.D. if you want it. :p

Moshmarr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2010
Minneapolis
JD, just had to bump this thread up a bit, I got one of these myself, today(nickel/nickel plated brass endcaps). It really is nice looking, obviously very durable and extremely well-crafted, and i was struck by how small it was. Two cr123's JUST fit, and the device itself fits very well in ones hand. The juice well around the connector for reuptake is a great touch as well. It's my first day with it and all, but it may already be my favorite...:vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread