Giantomizer - Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
I've been watching and excited about this product since I first heard about it so when I saw one available, I had to get one.

I had my doubts because it's from the same folks who bought you the CE-2 Clearomizers which, IMHO, are an epic failure.

I got mine here:

SterlingVapor E Cigs - Search Results for "giantomizer"

Some pics:

IMG_0795.jpg IMG_0796.jpg IMG_0801.jpg IMG_0797.jpg IMG_0794.jpg

I loaded it up with about 3ml of Dekang Watermelon. 100% PG, 11mg.

There is a small fill hole so if you don't want to remove the seal, you'll need to use a syringe.

Gave it about 10 minutes.

Took a drag.

TERRIBLE!
HORRIBLE!
THE PITS!
YUCK!
NASTY!
DISGUSTING!

Nasty burnt flavor.
Hardly any vapor.
No throat hit.

Now, @ 2.7 Ohm, I wasn't expecting much of a throat hit on an eGo batt, but I would have at least expected some flavor and vapor! Nope!

I let it sit for another 10 minutes and brought it down to my 5V passthrough.

OMG!

My throat STILL hurts from the horrible, nasty, scratchy vapor this thing produced.

To give it the benefit of the doubt, I'm going to let it sit a couple hours while I have dinner.

More later...

Last edited:

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Ok, gave it a few hours. JUNK!

Same burnt taste, same scratchy nasty throat hit on the 5V.
Nasty flavor, low vapor, and no throat hit on the eGo.

I see some people are messing with the seal to allow for better wicking. Ok, I'm off to do that now.

I would seriously question the legitimacy of ANYONE who would give this thing a positive review out of the box. I would simply not believe them.

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Ok, here's what I did.

I pulled the inner seal right out. Pulled the wick up a little. Sat the seal right on the top, being careful to line up the wick notches. I then lined up the mouth piece filler hole plug and pushed it in just to the point the mouth piece was correctly seated.

IMG_0809.JPG

IMG_0811.JPG

IMG_0812.JPG

I got ONE decent hit. Not good, just decent. Still a very scratchy feeling in my throat and a bit of a burnt taste. Gave it 5 minutes and took another hit. NASTY & BURNT! Not even CLOSE to the full, clean flavor of a direct drip OR a Boge carto.

As a last ditch effort, I pulled the seal out again and made the wick notches MUCH larger:

IMG_0817.JPG

I put the seal back in (which BTW is a HUGE PITA!) and put the mouth piece on. This pretty much did the trick.

I got the expected amount of throat hit for a 2.7Ohm on the eGo battery and good amount on the 5V. Vapor is good. Taste is pretty good now. I'm getting some leakage out of the bottom battery connector and I got some juice in my mouth. Probably a function of fumbling with the seal or cutting the notches too big.

I'm actually digging it now and looking forward to seeing how long a fill will last me.

IMHO way too much work to get a device to work and certainly not something a rookie is going to want to do. If you're going to sell something it should work out of the box. And if making it work correctly is as simple as making sure the wick notches on the seal are large enough to allow liquid to flow, then shame on you for not including that in your design.

Out of the box with no modifications, these are the two best pictures of this device:

IMG_0814.JPG

IMG_0815.JPG

If you don't like fumbling with a Clearomizer, you are NOT going to like these!

Last edited:

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL

polsmoka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2009
canada
www.phatclouds.ca
That may be, but it's not going to help anyone buying it here:

Giantomizer CE 2| CE 2 3.7 & 5ml Giantomizer |3.7 & 5ml Giantomizer CE2 | 5ml Giant Cartomizer

As there is no such suggestion nor is that suggestion included in the box.

It is on the RoyalSmokers site, recently added. Excuse my newbieness but are you the guy who was "banned from China?"

You know I could swear that when I first heard of and got interested in these when I looked at that site it claimed no burning, no bad taste, no leaking AND that the wicks were preburned. Now all I see is a link to CE3 claiming that. I could well be wrong?

I'm really really hoping that my experience is better; mine should arrive this week. Carole was very helpful at SV.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
Ok, gave it a few hours. JUNK!

Same burnt taste, same scratchy nasty throat hit on the 5V.
Nasty flavor, low vapor, and no throat hit on the eGo.

I see some people are messing with the seal to allow for better wicking. Ok, I'm off to do that now

I would seriously question the legitimacy of ANYONE who would give this thing a positive review out of the box. I would simply not believe them.

I agree that anyone raving about the taste right out of the box ,like I saw a guy giving a review on video, didn't get one like mine. It was the worst tasting vape I've had for the first ml and then it began to improve. I've now vaped a couple of tanks and it is passable but not what I expected. I hadn't been aware of all the ce2 carto problems being as I had not been a regular carto user. If I would have known about all the problems I wouldn't have tried them. The capacity and window are great but the carto itself is not what I expected. I'm off to try the GoGo, it too is a carto that holds 3ml and comes with a 1300 mah fat bat. It will not work with any Riva or ego equipment but it is getting 99% positive reviews by regular vapers. I'm not going to trash these but they will probably go in my box of batteries, cartos, attys and carts that I will never use unless there is a ban on e-cigs someday.

polsmoka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2009
canada
www.phatclouds.ca
Well, I was digging it, until I realized where it was leaking from!!
The window!! Which makes it pretty much useless!
Curious if anyone has the same issue.

It can't be the window itself dude, it's not a window it's a plastic cylinder. It's either leaking from the bottom seal or the top. Being that you widened the silcione ridges I would say most likely leaking from top?

polsmoka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2009
canada
www.phatclouds.ca
I'm off to try the GoGo, it too is a carto that holds 3ml and comes with a 1300 mah fat bat. It will not work with any Riva or ego equipment but it is getting 99% positive reviews by regular vapers. I'm not going to trash these but they will probably go in my box of batteries, cartos, attys and carts that I will never use unless there is a ban on e-cigs someday.

I have gogo sitting here. I wasn't impressed with a couple of things. First the tip > charger problem which might have been fixed now. The other is I didn't have much satisfaction with refilling. I use a very sweet and dark juice and I think maybe it clogs things up. I felt like even though 3ml I just wasn't getting that much vape worth somehow. That being said I am going to order some more carts to play with and revisit.

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
It is on the RoyalSmokers site, recently added. Excuse my newbieness but are you the guy who was "banned from China?"

You know I could swear that when I first heard of and got interested in these when I looked at that site it claimed no burning, no bad taste, no leaking AND that the wicks were preburned. Now all I see is a link to CE3 claiming that. I could well be wrong?

I'm really really hoping that my experience is better; mine should arrive this week. Carole was very helpful at SV.

My point is that if a user buys the product on the EcigsEjuice website they are not going to know about the suggestion. The suggestion also does not appear on the box or in a set of instructions. You can't assume a user is going to look up the manufacturer, go to the site, and find the suggestion, nor should they have to. The same reason they should not have to come here to learn how to mod the device. It should just work.

I have about 10 friends who are ecig users who could care less about this site, doing the research, doing mods, etc etc. They just expect something they purchase to work and when it doesn't, it discourages their use and before you know it, back to analogs they go.

I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to say. "Banned from China?"
I personally don't care about how I was treated by Martinez, if that's what you're referring to.
Also, IMHO it doesn't matter in any way shape or form how nice Carole was.

It's not Martinez nor Carole nor EcigsEjuice that I'm reviewing. I'm reviewing the product. Whatever baggage that comes with the product is irrelevant to me as my goal is nothing more than improving my vaping experience and sharing that experience with others.

The product is garbage out of the box.
After fiddling with the seal and enlarging the wick slots, it worked and it worked well, BUT then it started leaking out the window which made it unusable.

However, since it did work so well after enlarging the wick slots, I would probably give it another shot pending any other window leaking issues posted by other users.

Last edited:

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
It can't be the window itself dude, it's not a window it's a plastic cylinder. It's either leaking from the bottom seal or the top. Being that you widened the silcione ridges I would say most likely leaking from top?

Probably the case. Leaking from the top then down the side and appears to be coming out the window.

Like I said I may have made the wick slots too big which is why it leaked.

Too bad, because it was working like a champ.

The interesting this is that I kept the device upright at all times except for when I was vaping, and when I vape, I slant downward. Could be condensation dripping down as well especially if I compromised the seal. You can see some of the condensation on the mouth piece pics above.

Probably need to find a happy medium, but as I keep saying, that happy medium needs to built into the product and not dependent on the user fiddling.

Last edited:

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
I had some leaking that appeared to be coming from the window but I think it was coming from the top and running down to the window. I didn't modify mine at all and won't either. If they can't make them right I just won't buy anymore. Someone else suggested it was condensation but it sure felt like juice to me but it didn't leak much and wasn't a big problem for me. My problem is the taste.

polsmoka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2009
canada
www.phatclouds.ca
  • Deleted by ejoker

juicefreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2009
Oklahoma
looking down your pic of the juice well and coil, it looks like there's a gap for liquid to drip down between the inner plastic tube and the outer case. I don't think the notched ceramic cup would make any difference. They certainly should have put an O ring at that gap. Banging out more product, instead of improvements to known problems. Pretty typical.

that black in the wick under the coil looks like a fluxomizer I had. Even dry burning wouldn't turn the wick white. The taste was nasty like yours with no cure but keep it flooded and hope i didn't notice it...too badly.

I'm thinking there was flux or some other crap on the wick itself right under the coil. I soaked it in white vinegar for about a day, rinsed and dry burned again and it finally burned white. Trouble is it was pretty well crapped out by then with leaks, etc after one a couple refills.

I've had several that were no good out of a box of 5. One had the solder hanging by the wire under the coil. It was never seated at the holes in the cup where it should be. that thing leaked like crazy. TOO many of them leak and juice is lost, or worse, spilled all over you.

I do like the no filler concept, but a atomizer than you can't lay on it's side, wick falls apart, leaks... it's a lot of TROUBLE to keep them going. Hoping they improve them so I can try again. Or something that really works and is convenient comes down the pike.

sorry you go burned. i know that sux.

polsmoka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2009
canada
www.phatclouds.ca
sorry you go burned. i know that sux.

There are remedies for the feeling of being burned sometimes. If it's worth the effort there are resources at our disposal. If a product is purchased from a reputable seller who posts here then it is most likely in their best interest to provide a refund/replacement/solution. A lot of negative publicity can be generated. E-mail addresses and phone numbers are easily available. That being said if I were a vendor and someone took apart a product and attempted to modify it without talking to me first, they would be SOL. My guess is pbusardo isn't too bothered and just wanted to give a product a chance (was probably rightly sceptical in the first place,) and kindly provided us with a review.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
I dropped the nickel on a pack of 5. I've been searching for some reviews on these. I'm a CE2 fan but only ones that I mod out. This looks like a mistake but I'm going to try to be skeptical about it. I know that RS has the R6 out (go figure) and I have a box of them coming also. Wick is suppose to be heavier but like all of them, I won't try it until they are modded.

Do you think that these could be modded with a larger syringe? I don't have mine in hand yet to even guess at what size but is it possible? I don't like that they leak as in your pics. That's why I got rid of the smartcars that I bought. Too damn messy for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread