Status
Not open for further replies.

Gummy Bear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
orlando fl
agummybear.deviantart.com
Well I will jump in so I can follow the thread. As most of you know I am a big fan of the c2s with my 5ml Gummy tank. (a bit different than a MAP tank but the end result is the same). I get about a month with a new C2 and then just toss it. Anyway I haven't tried these yet because I understood that they would have a 5ml model and I want 3+ ohms, so I will wait. with all that said I still would do a dry burn 1st and if I see any little puff of smoke I would think it will never taste right. Well that's the way the c2s are. The only way to get that taste out is with a mini torch. and you have to take the tube off to do that.

Jackinkc

ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2011
Kansas City
I've spent SO much on stuff like this that required multiple mods to work or maintain, and then I broke down and got a REO Mini w/a 306 Atty and IMR bats, great flavor/heat every-time, the only maintenance is a weekly rinse of the atty.

I don't blame you. I'm more of a dripper. Slap an atty on my Darwin or Provari, and I'm gold. I tried one of those map tanks once. Filled it up. Worked great. Put it in a plastic bag overnight. Came back to it in the morning, and there was just as much juice in the bag as there was the tank. I'm not saying it was the Map Tanks fault. It very well could have been mine. But, I don't want to bother with it. I don't ever get a bagful of juice when I drip. :)

Hmm... I just got my Giantomizer today. I didn't have the same experience as you though. Mine actually worked out of the box. It was "meh"... okay, nothing great... But I wanted AND expected better performance.

It seems that it has the same wicking problem as the Clearomizer. So I did your mod. Getting that top seal back in was a PITA but I just put the tip back on the seal and pushed (forced) it into place. It didn't go in all the way but it did align it, then I pushed it further in by hand. So far it's not so bad after all. Pretty decent vape, good flavor, nice warmth, okay TH. I'd say waaay better than the ego-t tank... and so far for me, no leaks. So far.

I don't really use my ego-t tank anymore, I gave it to my gf so this may actually be an upgrade for her. As for me, no thanks. But it could be a good option for driving or maybe bringing it to work though. But I think I'm looking into a REO mini for that.

I guess I'll just stick to dripping at home and cartomizing on the go for now.

Thanks for your tip though!!

MarBro

Sep 23, 2010
East Texas
lets face it: anything based on the ce2 sucks more or less.

I totally disagree with this statement. The r4 XL's ( not the clearo's ) are very good. I have been vaping on them for 6 months or so. I have tried just about everything new that has come out, including the Boge LR cartos. I just like the taste, hit and convenience of the CE2's.
The Clearo's not so much because of the leakage. Now with the Giants, the leakage is still there but in a different place. These things seem to be a throw together to make it to market. They don't seem to wick well as well as they don't seem to "get hot enough". I seem to be getting more "evaporated juice" than vapor. ( kind of a hard to describe issue ). I usually vape around 2 - 2.5 ml per day on a CE2 r4 XL but with these things, I'm going through about 6 ml a day without as much satisfaction.

So all in all, I am not that satisfied with the "version 1" of these things. Being a RS fan though. I will probably give version 2 a shot when it comes out.

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
I totally disagree with this statement. The r4 XL's ( not the clearo's ) are very good. I have been vaping on them for 6 months or so. I have tried just about everything new that has come out, including the Boge LR cartos. I just like the taste, hit and convenience of the CE2's.
The Clearo's not so much because of the leakage. Now with the Giants, the leakage is still there but in a different place. These things seem to be a throw together to make it to market. They don't seem to wick well as well as they don't seem to "get hot enough". I seem to be getting more "evaporated juice" than vapor. ( kind of a hard to describe issue ). I usually vape around 2 - 2.5 ml per day on a CE2 r4 XL but with these things, I'm going through about 6 ml a day without as much satisfaction.

So all in all, I am not that satisfied with the "version 1" of these things. Being a RS fan though. I will probably give version 2 a shot when it comes out.

Can you do me a favor, can you please send me the link of the exact CE2 device you are using and liking.
Are you modding the device? What is your power source?

Even though I've had horrible experience with both the Clearomizers and the Giantomizers I'm still willing to try anything out!

Thanks!

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
I had problems at first but a little bit of tinkering never bothered me, so after about a pack of dissected clearos I figured out what worked best for me

Giantomiser and General CE2 minor mod -

Basically, the same thing I found. Too bad it leaked after enlarging the wick slots cause it was working great at that point.

Clearly these manufacturers need focus groups!

Last edited:

MarBro

Sep 23, 2010
East Texas
Can you do me a favor, can you please send me the link of the exact CE2 device you are using and liking.
Are you modding the device? What is your power source?

Even though I've had horrible experience with both the Clearomizers and the Giantomizers I'm still willing to try anything out!

Thanks!

These are the ones I use but they are currently out of stock. I use the 510 XLs Electronic Cigarette - Cartomizers - C-E2 - 510/808D-1[901]/401
I use a standard 3.7v 900mah eGo battery without any mods. Only thing I do is "dry burn" them for 15 seconds before the first filling and a rinse in HOT water and another "dry burn" once a week.
I am not a real heavy vapor so I found no need to modify the silicone insert. I DO keep it "carto down" in my pocket though and I have had no issues with leakage at all.

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
These are the ones I use but they are currently out of stock. I use the 510 XLs Electronic Cigarette - Cartomizers - C-E2 - 510/808D-1[901]/401
I use a standard 3.7v 900mah eGo battery without any mods. Only thing I do is "dry burn" them for 15 seconds before the first filling and a rinse in HOT water and another "dry burn" once a week.
I am not a real heavy vapor so I found no need to modify the silicone insert. I DO keep it "carto down" in my pocket though and I have had no issues with leakage at all.

Thanks!

When you say, "not the clearos" Isn't this the same thing with a black shell instead of a clear one?

Just trying to educate myself.

I read the reviews, looks like these have some filler in them where the clearo does not?

Last edited:

MarBro

Sep 23, 2010
East Texas
Thanks!

When you say, "not the clearos" Isn't this the same thing with a black shell instead of a clear one?

The Clearos are the same thing except the clearos leak around the plastic. The black shell is all metal from bottom to top. No leakage. And I believe the clearos' shell is slightly larger in diameter than the metal tube of the originals. So leakage was my major concern on these.
I do like the warmer vapor of the originals and keeping them "carto down" keeps the wick wet without leaking.

Secti0n31

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
so far the initial impression is OK. Tastes like primer but it's a very faint primer taste. Thing is huge and heavy, but so be it. Have yet to leak from the window, but if it does, there's an easy solution. Inside the rubber seal you can see and feel where the window tank is seperate from the metal external. Real thin layer of clear silicone should seal that. Maybe even around the window itself, but I'm gonna try to avoid that.

I'll post my full impressions after a couple of refils.

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
so far the initial impression is OK. Tastes like primer but it's a very faint primer taste. Thing is huge and heavy, but so be it. Have yet to leak from the window, but if it does, there's an easy solution. Inside the rubber seal you can see and feel where the window tank is seperate from the metal external. Real thin layer of clear silicone should seal that. Maybe even around the window itself, but I'm gonna try to avoid that.

I'll post my full impressions after a couple of refils.

Clear silicone? Great, now I have to go to Home Depot to get my Giant to work without leaking ;-)

John Edwards

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2010
Tunnell Hill, GA
ok so my question is this. with all of the problems surounding ce-2's and these giatamizers, yet everyone raves about maptanks,...but they run off ce-2's, so these are all just different housings for them..how is the maptank so great and all other ce2 casing devices such crap?? i hope that makes sense...
ive tried a royal smokers e2 v3 one time and couldnt stand it. and im like that guy up there that said he wasnt going to mod it, if it cant work out of the box then he just wont buy anymore. thats why most of us try dif types of cartos cuz were getting tired of the hassles with dripping and so forth. we just want to find a product we can sit and vape, and not constantly have to think about. if i hate ce2's and i do for the most part, is that gonna somehow change if i get a maptank? really. do date the best vape i ever had was a TW carto at 5v. surely theres somthing..ive got a great mod but i need somthing tankstyle (and ive done been down the ego T road, didnt do it for me) will a maptank give me the flavor and TH even when ive had prior problems with ce2's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread