Gold Ducat Inawera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muero

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2014
Nashville TN
I've decided to post my notes on single flavors I'm trying out.

Gold Ducat smells very strong as in you can smell it through the bottle. My first 10 ml tester I did 7-8 drops in 10 mls. It's easy to go too much. I suspect tobaccos are like chocolates in that they get quite a bit stronger after a good long steep. This should most likely be used like tfa double chocolate at 1-2% or even less and let it steep. Some have suggested 1.5% which is probably in the ball park. When I say 1 - 2% that is as a dominant flavor in the mix, not as a note.

As a flavor, it's sort of a mild pipe tobacco, very rich, almost has a creamy element to it. Some have said that it is more reminiscent of a coffee than a tobacco. It definitely is a tobacco, but I believe that is the cream note being recognized.

The liquid itself is quite dark in color, and undiluted reminds me of Ankara tobacco from Mt Baker. However, the flavor is quite different. There is definitely no perfume-y quality to the liquid.

I plan to try out these as possible combos : oba oba, mts, vanilla bourbon, ky bourbon, acetyl pyrazine, brown sugar, graham cracker, coffees, anything dark really. I'm also thinking of mixing other tobaccos and possibly doing fruit notes.

I'm not going to do stars but would I recommend this one? Yes, for the price (around 3$) I think it's worth playing around with. I'm not big into tobacco flavor, but if you are you will probably like this one. Most certainly, it's not something I would use to mimic a cigarette.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread