YOUDE GOLIATH V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

petra_

Dec 20, 2012
Thessaloniki
Α new subohm dual/single coil atty was released by YOUDE. The Goliath V2. I’m one of the 100 reviewers who took samples to review.

The Goliath 2 takes ROCC dual coil heads (the same as Zephyrus) 0.5 ohm (30-50W) or lower plus the new Ni heads. Also rba head for dual or single coil setup. Air and juice flow are adjustable, and the coil can be replaced without wasting the juice.

Dimensions are 4.9cm height 2.2 cm diameter (without the drip and the 510). The capacity is 5ml

PACKAGE

A jewel box with scratch check including:

[URL=http://s1178.photobucket.com/user/petrast/media/g2_zpswfsl6nlo.jpg.html] [/URL]

Goliath V2 with RBA head, pyrex tank, drip tip

2 ROCC heads dual coil 0.5ohm with ceramic and cotton

Spare pyrex tank

Spare coil screws

2 spare orings for the tank, one red, one blue

Single coil adapter

Manual

Spare orings

ARCHITECTURE

Not a simple atty, needs its time to learn it.

The air hole ring is at the base

On top of the base screw the head

After, press the ring with the juice control index

Then the chimney

Then the juice flow adjust ring with the drop engraved

The oring for the tank

The tank

Finally the top cap with the oring and the drip tip

Turn the tank with its down ring to adjust the juice

Adjust the airflow from the base.

Press and turn the drip tip to fix it

To secure the atty, screw to top cap to the chimney. The first times will be difficult. Then you’ll get used.

The tank can be moved to change the coil, so no juice wasted.

It’s a top fill atty, remove the top cap to fill, screw with the atty upside down for the last 1-2 turns

A new youde patent is the spiral inner at the drip and the chimney. This is engraved for smoother vape flow, according to Youde.

Also according to Youde, all their products have one year guaranty, CE, ISO and RoHS

SETUP

TheROCCheadsimplyscrewsonthebase. It has ceramic and cotton coil. Wet it well and vape

Setting a dual coil: under the 2 screws there are two holes. Insert the wire to the holes and secure with the screws. Onecoilateachsideofthescrews. Big air holes exist under each coil.

The cotton coils must be short and not cover the juice roots and holes.

For a single coil setup put the single coil adaptor and build the coil to the free side of the head. The silicone will cover the airhole and the juice holes.

VAPING

GoliathV2 is a native subohm lung inhale atty. Even with a single coil, lung inhales are easy if the airhole is fully opened.

For mouth inhales close the airholes and prefer a single coil. The juice flow must be adjusted to the lower or medium level, depending on the user, the wire, the wattage.

ROCC heads vape perfect. There is a video somewhere for rebuilding even them. Vape them at 30-50watts

25+ for the dual coil RBA

13+ for the single coil low ohm (eg 1.5)

Mouth inhales aren’t Goliath’s best, but it performs good.

Comparing Goliath with Youde’s other new release, the Goblin mini, Goliath proves its native lung inhale character, while GM performs slightly better at mouth inhales. They both share the same tanks and tanks orings.

POSITIVES

A native fine subohm atty. Clouds, throat hit and also taste.

Many heads and setups to choose

Fair price

Coil change without wasting the juice

Air and juice flow adjustable

A smart single coil adapter

510 drip with its own orings as a spare to put your drip tip

A bonus spare part rich kit

Available color tanks and drip tips

Easy setup-big head space

5ml capacity

Not a big atty for its capacity

NEGATIVES

The construction quality isn’t the best for a European atty user. Even the chimney doesn’t screw smoothly

A little difficult to assemble/disassemble at the beginning. A general philosophy of press and turn needs from the vaper a time to get used

Noisy

Rather big for users of nano atties

A little leakage when filling or not adjusting the watts properly. Needs to get used to

Its target group are the experienced users which will enjoy it

Thanks Youde, here is the video

Last edited:
Reactions: pt91

Petabread

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2014
Miami, FL
I love mine too, but filling it can be a nightmare. Without any knurling, unscrewing that one section to fill it up can be a headache. I either totally unscrew it from the 510 on the mod, or I unscrew the glass section which dumps juice everywhere.

Another issue I've had is trying to fill it up with max VG juice. For whatever reason, when I squirt juice in one hole, juice likes to bubble out from the other hole. That an issue I never had before with my Goliath v1. If it's totally empty I have no issue filling it. But if it's half-full and I go to top it off before heading out somewhere, it always bubbles out the other side. Those two issues are all I can come up with for this device tho - but they're two pretty big issues.

Petabread

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2014
Miami, FL
Hows the flavor on this say compared to the Billow v2, Starre or Crown? I know the last two are sub ohm but ZI've been wanting another RTA and really likes the look of this but if it doesn't compare to what I have/used no use in buying it.
It really depends, IMO, where you set your airflow. Wide open gets me muted flavor compared to the Goliath v1, for example. Of the tanks you listed, I only have the billow. And I'd take this one over it personally. I really enjoy it, minus the cons I previously listed with filling it - I seriously dread filling it/getting to the coils. You have no idea.

SheerLuckHolmes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2009
Tempe, Az
Just got my Goliath V2 yesterday. Got home late without proper time to build out a deck so popped in one of the prebuilt coils. Everything was so tight. I did not lube up anything, again, rushing. I should have. I would STRONGLY recommend lubing everything with e-juice right after the initial cleaning, out of the box.

Major dry hits after initial soaking was used up, I forgot to open up juice control. Getting that to open up was a nightmare, again did I mention need to prelube? Now this morning at work without any tools or supplies, none of my mods will make a connection.

All of this is my fault. Rushing was not the way to get to know a new atty. Tonight after work or tomorrow morning I will break it all the way down, clean it again, build out my own coils and lube up everything. Then I will report back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread