good-bye analogs... hello depression

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharityRoyal

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2012
Michigan
Exercise is the best way to alter your "brain chemistry" as others have described. Your body produces endorphins which gives you a high. Its a great way for a little lift, and one of the reasons every "quitting" method usually involves an exercise regimen.

I was just typing up something similar :) agreed.

The problem is.... well I think depression is like Newton's first law of motion. A body on the couch will stay on the couch until it somehow gets its ... up. If I'm severely depressed, getting up to go to the bathroom feels like an athletic feat--- full on exercise seems like a complete impossibility. It's a good thing you all couldn't smell me in this forum-- you don't want to know how few showers I took in the last three weeks. No matter how many times I told myself to get up and work out... I just couldn't. But now that I'm able to get my ... out of my bed, I'm doing more physically. Just got back from a long walk.

The number of stupid jokes I'm now making is a good sign. :)

CharityRoyal

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2012
Michigan
Laughter is also a great medicine and your comment about having a great big bunch of people rooting for you made me laugh out loud as it has an entirely different meaning here in Australia. :D

Hahaha, just looked this up. Welllll that would certainly be an alternative mode of dealing with depression.

juicejunky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
gone
Update: Well, it's been a month since I started vaping, and three full weeks since I've had an analog. So I've stuck with it, despite the negatives-- and that's something to be proud of! That also means three weeks of depression--but I hope it's finally dissipating. Today and yesterday have been good--- I'm up and out of bed where I'd been lying like a coma patient. Let's hope the worst is over.

I'm going to keep waiting this out in any case (no pharmaceuticals). I contacted Vapelicious to get some WTA liquid, but haven't heard back-- looks like Ethan's really backordered. Vap0rz-- thanks for the great suggestion-- I didn't know that was an option. I'll look into an iolite, especially if I can't get ahold of WTA anywhere. I want to have something on hand in case this gets too ugly or I have a relapse when my career deadlines get too stressful.

I totally forgot about B12! I had B12 shots ages ago to treat lethargy. All it really did was boost my energy level a little...but when climbing out of the me shaped indentation on my bed/sofa feels like some massive athletic feat, well a little energy boost is a big deal. haha. It's faaaar from a cure of course, but it certainly can't hurt to take some extra vitamins. I'll take one right now.

Again, I can't thank you all enough for the outpouring of support. I feel like I have a big group of people rooting for me to get through this and it's pretty awesome.

Try http://www.aromaejuice.com/ I think they are having a sale with new stock on Tuesday.

Hang in there. Get your Vitamin D too. Great you managed to get out for a walk.

Here's their forum on ECF

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...kaloid-eliquid-batch-release-sale-thread.html

Turkish Tob & WTA is up now (Sun 8:53PM) http://www.aromaejuice.com/Turkish-Blend-Tobacco-with-WTA-infusion-TurkWTA.htm

Last edited:

LibertariaNate

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2011
Utah
CharityRoyal,

I know exactly how you feel. Every time I tried to quit smoking, two weeks later the severe depression would rear its ugly head. Like you, I am determined to avoid pharmaceuticals at all costs. I tried nearly every herbal/natural remedy thought to be helpful for depression. I learned about snus and how it had helped others, but didn't want to try it. After all, I was determined to stay away from "evil" tobacco. After a particularly bad night of very unmanly sobbing and "really bad" thoughts I came to the conclusion I had to do something, anything, to stop my suffering or it would be the end of me. So I went the corner convenience store and picked up a tin of Camel snus to try. Everything suggestion I had read said Swedish snus was the way go, but I didn't have several days to wait for it to come by mail. When you're severely depressed, it's damn near impossible to think about the future... After a couple days of regular use, the depression stopped. I felt like myself again.

After a few months of using snus, I decided to ween myself off of it. Kind of like your cough syrup analogy, I didn't enjoy using it. I didn't care for the taste or how it felt on my gums. Believe it or not, I liked the taste of the Camel Frost snus way more than the many varieties of Swedish snus I tried. Some people like the Camel stuff, some don't... Kind of like e-juice. Tastes are subjective. The good news... I've now been off of snus for a few months now and have been gradually reducing my nicotine intake. The bad news... While it took longer than two weeks this time, I've been starting to notice that "off" feeling again. I'll be purchasing some more snus soon.

My impressions of WTA...

I used snus for several months before I purchased some WTA liquid. I ordered mine from Aroma Ejuice Manufacturer of WTA Whole Tobacco Alkaloid Eliquid... Normally I would use 4-6 pieces of snus a day. On the days I used WTA, I didn't feel the need to use snus. I think WTA could be very helpful for those of us who developed depression after we quit smoking. The problem I have with WTA is it's almost impossible to purchase it on a regular basis due to production issues. I'm told those issues are being worked out and have noticed "sales" occurring with more regularity as of late, but it's in such high demand I haven't been able to purchase a second bottle.

Sorry for the blog post. Just wanted to share my experience. I hope you're able to find something that works for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread