Good morning everybody . I'm new and researching ,first mech / build......

Status
Not open for further replies.

bood

Sep 16, 2017
Before you bury your present one which looks pretty nice…wouldn't mind sampling it…give me a few to look back where you ended up. If you do and find your posts describing it, post please and refresh us. We'll try to find the means to compare.

you mean the original asymmetric laggard?

she's around 14 wraps ss316l spaced 3mm diameter measuring around 0.85ohm each, only problem in double was the insane amount of pre heating time ( >4 seconds for reaching a peak to get a decent vapour flow )
once there, the quality of the vape, I liked that , nice tasty still gentle inhaling in dtl , nic was definitely there doing the job fast and straight - relaxing me - but not irritating my mucosae at all)

Last edited:

bood

Sep 16, 2017
when i refer to "more natural" as a feeling I get from the vape in relation to how I feel the flavor , I mean that it's less clouded or less covered by vg/pg
I seem to get this by using all airholes open ,and by dtl big/deep ; thats why the vapour must be quite cool and not overwhelming

I take 2 3 maxm 4 vapes of this kind and I go back to work
in a long afternoon it happens around once every 40-60m

with the justfog , same liquid ?
completely different.. mtl.. less shock .. and less satisfaction..
more need to get back vaping ( and vaping kind of more )
a noticeably more equilibrated flavor ( 1.6ohm coil ? low temp? narrow drip tip ? the tank ? dont know ), less relaxing effect from nicotine though ..or at least ,far less sensible
therefore the need to go back vaping more and not completely satisfied

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

bood

Sep 16, 2017
@Outcast I have vtc4 and ss coils
any good for the purpose?

@Letitia my juice has been kind of okay .. the vape got harsh lately ..maybe the alien coils on the rdta? ..just a humble guess....
could try rebuild on it

thr Kennedy24 + ss standard wire 0.25ohm build ( on the same mod ) seems quite fine..

I will try the two flavors you mentioned .

I also noticed the 2 alien coils started little dark/dirt (in the center.. dont think they are burnt though) in 3 days of vaping which is quite unexpectedly fast

Last edited:

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
I may come to the same conclusion..that may be standard ss coils are just more easy and convenient

The symmetry on your 4th build was quite good. If you could replicate that with Kanthal and oxidize it, it'd be step ahead in your comparison. Strain it to a closed coil at slightly higher mass and you'd likely see the same temps or cooler than either and better more consistent vapor density delivery (if properly pulsed oxidized). I've posted finished examples.

In case I didn't post this t.m.c. here, an approx 2-3 sec init test fire…

This TLP I posted earlier mebe, fires instantly (fresh VTC5A) and you're rewarded with satisfying vol + density with 1- 2 sec pulls…

I've found the best way to show peep's how good a t.m.c. vapes is to just put the tip in their mouth. No excessive gunking or scorched center earth. The coils fire end-to-end. Demonstrate this phenomena to vapers routinely hoping they'll ask for a hit and have that holy sh!it Batman moment. That's when they mostly want to make one. Just sayin'. Used to it. :D

For mech's I'm running this variant at slightly more aggressive res levels w/30A batts for a very enjoyable cool ride. Although for reasons of personal sanity, I try not to chain 'em. I've got a batch of variables with single .8Ω t.m.c.'s and fav tab's for that hypnotic pastime.

Good luck. :)

bood

Sep 16, 2017
in fact your twisted's look impressive..

but is kanthal only isnt it ?
: what i've read around is that ss coils are better spaced as for flavor chaser

another thing into the mix , you suggested many times my coils are underpowered .. the harsh coming from this
so I understand more power ( double coils ) means smoother vape (?) , whereas less power means harsher / hotter ?

being the 18650 at best 75w , should I trow in a 0.2ohm ( 0.4 each ) build to see what I get for it ?
isnt the surface too short this way ..

@Letitia I'm making some liquid orders this we
besides this I've started looking deeper into tanks -rta- , but you may have noticed "The Drop" catched my attention too along with some other mods

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL

another thing into the mix , you suggested many times my coils are underpowered .. the harsh coming from this
so I understand more power ( double coils ) means smoother vape (?) , whereas less power means harsher / hotter ?

being the 18650 at best 75w , should I trow in a 0.2ohm ( 0.4 each ) build to see what I get for it ?

@Letitia I'm making some liquid orders this we
besides this I've started looking deeper into tanks -rta- , but you may have noticed "The Drop" catched my attention too along with some other mods
Drop has been on my Christmas list for awhile. Does very with a single coil.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
..and do you know where they sell the all-silver top to bottom version?
As far as I know they aren't offering solid color. That's why it is on my wait and see list. Hoping they release them, know they've gotten many requests for the solids.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL

Let's suppose I was going to barbecue a steak. Do I scatter the coals all about at random relying on little pockets of heat even as most will just sit there and char without much output? Or do I org them as neatly as possible so that there combined energy help heat each other and convey that concentrated energy more directly to the steak?

I'd like for someone to explain how you can get more vapor from a spaced out wind over a closed or close contact wind of the same mass. My read on the physics tells me that this is impossible without driving even more energy through the wind to compensate for the loss of thermal concentration.

…another thing into the mix , you suggested many times my coils are underpowered .. the harsh coming from this

Prolly what I meant to say is, as above, you're going to have to use more power if you spread 'em. As for aliens they're going to draw plenty and proportionately more power as well so they'll be hot. If you do under power, you can get some of the same harshness as overly powering. You're more cooking the juice the vaporizing it. But both can taste pretty harsh; one hot, the other cold.[/QUOTE]

…being the 18650 at best 75w , should I trow in a 0.2ohm ( 0.4 each ) build to see what I get for it ?

I'd rec a safety factor of ~20%. So check your amp loading with steam-engine on that 0.2Ω build. I run SONY VTC4/5A and a few others. An important part of finding your sweet spot is figuring out just how much surface area at a given wattage (heat) rings the bell for you.

All's I know is getting pretty decent clouds and awesome density A/F wide open from mech comp gear at 95W (24AWG TLP). It's slightly into my VTC5 fudge factor but quite cool. So confident ample vaporization is taking place without batt strain w/4-5 sec pulls. And that right there is the only way I'll roll there. Won't go to pushing heat for volume. So if you're going 0.2Ω mech I'd be thinkin 25/30A batt's for sure.

Good luck. :)

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I'm currently running the same wire in two Nanos. One is contact, the other is spaced. Contact coil provides better lung hit and slight but noticeable drop in flavor. Spaced coil better flavor and more noticeable drop in lung hit. Haven't yet mastered minute spacing. Think when I do I'll find the elusive sweet spot.

bood

Sep 16, 2017
@MacTechVpr
GT_Core_suggestion.jpg

does it make any sense?
"from Vaporesso site
HIGH mode : The kit provides a higher start watt in the first few seconds to bring you a stronger hit "
me dontwant
if this is harsher hit

my situation should be GT2 GT4 around 0.2 or little more ohm (or less? not afraid to go under 02 ) , and soft which is the style I prefer for inhaling dtl with airy good flavor , not congesting lungs ). This alll with a nicely charged vtc4

?

the normal and high mode got lower wattage in these scheme
but maybe it doesn't mean anything ..;) I just extrapolated something helpful to define a style with some numbers .. for a fast reference .. nevertheless it can be not that useful I dont know.. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread