Status
Not open for further replies.

loft

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
CT
So here it is, two days before my 30th birthday, and I wanted to say farewell to my friends here in the IKV subforum. I won't be frequenting the forums going forward. I will, however, still be heavily involved with vaping - but I have grown extremely tired of the whining, complaining, finger pointing, drama, and BS that goes on here. When I say here, I don't mean in the IkenVape subforum - but ECF as a whole. Not to mention the horrendous page loads which makes conversing / troubleshooting / helping unbearable... but anyhow!

To the new friends I've made in this journey, I appreciate all of your love and support - laughs - and good times and feelings that I've been able to share with you all. I felt it most appropriate to post in here as this subforum has been my "home" since roughly February 2011. If any of you need help with anything, feel free to contact me. I can be reached one of several ways...

Facebook: Twitter:
ioftie​
Email:
Loftie -at- gmail -dot- com​
Remove spaces and replace -dot- with .
Or you can PM me on here. I will still get the message and respond...

I have a couple items in the classifieds and once those are sold or threads closed, my time on ECF will be done.

Farewell guys, vape on - vape strong.

~loft

aliens

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2012
Europe
Well I don't know you very well Loft, but it has always been a pleasure to read your enlightening post in this subforum. I don't know exactly what kind of things happened on ecf that pushed you to this decision, but I just wanted you to know that you and your knowledge will me missed, even by people not posting a lot like me.
Have a nice trip and maybe come back soon!

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Loft, do I have to come over there? I understand your frustration as there are some of those idiots everywhere you go and the dial up speed that ECF refuses to acknowledge is a pain in the derriere but you are family so to say goodbye forever is a sad thing. I do hope with all I am that this is just a much needed time out as this place wouldn't be the same without you buddy.

About the slow ECF I've found it's faster to log of and back on between each post sometimes. I just wished they worked as hard on speed as they do with the extensions that nobody wants anyway.

Last edited:

MAlzado

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2011
USA
There has been an ongoing mass exodus of the most valuable members from ECF. I check in only occasionally because of this now. Hope this is temporary or that I at least see you across town in the forums where others have settled. It's a shame that for every top member who leaves, 200 f'noobs sign on. Sad that Google Analytics only measures quantity, not quality.

Happy birthday Loftie.

Here's a thread from another frustrated top member that went nowhere...
Should ECF be doing more to keep it's members?

loft

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
CT

That's the problem. You and I both participated in one of the threads in Site Help & Feedback that mysteriously got 'moved' or whatever. It was several pages long, about the speed of the site and problems... Ever since then my time on ECF has been sparse... but it's time.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
There has been an ongoing mass exodus of the most valuable members from ECF. I check in only occasionally because of this now. Hope this is temporary or that I at least see you across town in the forums where others have settled. It's a shame that for every top member who leaves, 200 f'noobs sign on. Sad that Google Analytics only measures quantity, not quality.

Happy birthday Loftie.

I see they closed that thread with some feeble excuse. For as long as I've been on ECF the members have complained about the slow (Like dial up slow) and it used to be server overload that would kick you off. They have worked on the looks, all kinds of extensions and apps nobody wanted but they refuse to do anything about the slow speed. I don't come on even 5% of what I used to because of it. If they can't handle the volume they need to put a membership limit or something instead of this awful 1980 dial up speed. Oh well I guess it's easier to just tell everyone they bought computers that won't work correctly on here and just let all the great members leave out of frustration instead of fixing it.

RippleInStillWater

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Land Of Corruption
That's the problem. You and I both participated in one of the threads in Site Help & Feedback that mysteriously got 'moved' or whatever. It was several pages long, about the speed of the site and problems... Ever since then my time on ECF has been sparse... but it's time.

Every time I got involved with one of those threads I either got a warning or infraction 8-o -- I stay for a couple threads and the classys alone these days, I got tired of fighting city hall, I know how you feel, buddy.......:(

TexasT

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
East Texas
Every time I got involved with one of those threads I either got a warning or infraction 8-o -- I stay for a couple threads and the classys alone these days, I got tired of fighting city hall, I know how you feel, buddy.......:(

LOL, well Ripple, you also have a lot of friends around here.

TT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread