The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Goodbye ECF~

Discussion in 'IkenVape' started by loft, Jul 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. loft

loft Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 31, 2011
    CT
    So here it is, two days before my 30th birthday, and I wanted to say farewell to my friends here in the IKV subforum. I won't be frequenting the forums going forward. I will, however, still be heavily involved with vaping - but I have grown extremely tired of the whining, complaining, finger pointing, drama, and BS that goes on here. When I say here, I don't mean in the IkenVape subforum - but ECF as a whole. Not to mention the horrendous page loads which makes conversing / troubleshooting / helping unbearable... but anyhow!

To the new friends I've made in this journey, I appreciate all of your love and support - laughs - and good times and feelings that I've been able to share with you all. I felt it most appropriate to post in here as this subforum has been my "home" since roughly February 2011. If any of you need help with anything, feel free to contact me. I can be reached one of several ways...

Facebook: Twitter:
    ioftie​
    Email:
    Loftie -at- gmail -dot- com​
    Remove spaces and replace -dot- with .
    Or you can PM me on here. I will still get the message and respond...

I have a couple items in the classifieds and once those are sold or threads closed, my time on ECF will be done.

Farewell guys, vape on - vape strong.

~loft

2. Switched

Switched ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 18, 2010
    Dartmouth, NS Canada
    Dang, I am going to miss pick on Loftie Tuesdays :(

I know how you feel my good man having gone through several phases like yours myself. Take the break you need my good man to get your sanity back and remember you always have a bunk here. You will be missed...

3. aliens

aliens Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2012
    Europe
    Well I don't know you very well Loft, but it has always been a pleasure to read your enlightening post in this subforum. I don't know exactly what kind of things happened on ecf that pushed you to this decision, but I just wanted you to know that you and your knowledge will me missed, even by people not posting a lot like me.
    Have a nice trip and maybe come back soon!

4. Wharf Rat

Wharf Rat Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 31, 2010
    Fresno, Ca
    Good luck to you Loftie........ I hope this is just a break and not a departure.

5. player30

player30 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 10, 2010
    Birmingham AL
    Have a happy, happy birthday!! You're a mere baby(coming from a 53 year old)!

6. 5cardstud

5cardstud ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 1, 2010
    Wash
    Loft, do I have to come over there? I understand your frustration as there are some of those idiots everywhere you go and the dial up speed that ECF refuses to acknowledge is a pain in the derriere but you are family so to say goodbye forever is a sad thing. I do hope with all I am that this is just a much needed time out as this place wouldn't be the same without you buddy.

About the slow ECF I've found it's faster to log of and back on between each post sometimes. I just wished they worked as hard on speed as they do with the extensions that nobody wants anyway.

7. Electricnut

Electricnut Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 5, 2009
    East Central Ohio
    you have been so helpful. Hope you won't be gone forever.

8. MAlzado

MAlzado Moved On ECF Veteran

May 30, 2011
    USA
    There has been an ongoing mass exodus of the most valuable members from ECF. I check in only occasionally because of this now. Hope this is temporary or that I at least see you across town in the forums where others have settled. It's a shame that for every top member who leaves, 200 f'noobs sign on. Sad that Google Analytics only measures quantity, not quality.

Happy birthday Loftie.

Here's a thread from another frustrated top member that went nowhere...
    Should ECF be doing more to keep it's members?

9. loft

Jan 31, 2011
    CT
    That's the problem. You and I both participated in one of the threads in Site Help & Feedback that mysteriously got 'moved' or whatever. It was several pages long, about the speed of the site and problems... Ever since then my time on ECF has been sparse... but it's time.

10. 5cardstud

Jan 1, 2010
    Wash
    I see they closed that thread with some feeble excuse. For as long as I've been on ECF the members have complained about the slow (Like dial up slow) and it used to be server overload that would kick you off. They have worked on the looks, all kinds of extensions and apps nobody wanted but they refuse to do anything about the slow speed. I don't come on even 5% of what I used to because of it. If they can't handle the volume they need to put a membership limit or something instead of this awful 1980 dial up speed. Oh well I guess it's easier to just tell everyone they bought computers that won't work correctly on here and just let all the great members leave out of frustration instead of fixing it.

11. snork

snork Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 30, 2011
    CO
    Sorry to see you go, hope you'll be back.
    If speed is what we're after we'd get an nntp group going (well, actually it'd have to be a whole hierarchy). Html blows for speed.

12. kempo63

kempo63 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 21, 2011
    Stockton, CA
    Who we gonna blame stuff on now??? Just kidding Loftie! You've been very helpful to a lot of people with some sound advice, so take care and you will be missed.

13. TexasT

TexasT Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

Jul 7, 2010
    East Texas
    Good gosh Loft. Buddy, you have been such a big help to newbies and old timers alike (me included!). I hate to see you leave us and like the others have said, I hope its only a temporary break to catch your breath.

You're a good friend and I'll miss you - even if its only temporary.

TT

14. RippleInStillWater

RippleInStillWater Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline ECF Veteran

Jun 18, 2010
    Land Of Corruption

Every time I got involved with one of those threads I either got a warning or infraction 8-o -- I stay for a couple threads and the classys alone these days, I got tired of fighting city hall, I know how you feel, buddy.......:(

15. TexasT

TexasT Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

Jul 7, 2010
    East Texas
    LOL, well Ripple, you also have a lot of friends around here.

TT

16. Switched

Feb 18, 2010
    Dartmouth, NS Canada
    Here we chill and enjoy each others company :)

17. loft

Jan 31, 2011
    CT
    I'm not totally gone after all. Needed a serious vacation. Both from ECF and IRL.

Thanks everyone. I'd reply to each of you but I don't have the energy presently after trying to catch up.

18. 5cardstud

Jan 1, 2010
    Wash
    Hey Buddy Good to see you back home.

19. Switched

Feb 18, 2010
    Dartmouth, NS Canada
    Oh goodie Loftie is back :) Get's boring picking on Johnny ;)

20. Switched

Feb 18, 2010
    Dartmouth, NS Canada
    Get any new devices during your sabbatical, please do tell :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.