Gorilla Juice DIY clone : Feedback needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

digunderground

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2012
Vaparadise
based on some of the comments ive read Bobas and Gorilla juice are incredibly simple (as per some of the creators comments), this is what I have come up with that tastes 95% on par with Gorilla juice TO ME.. It IS missing one flavor note, but I cant place it.. please try and comment back, subscribe to this :) Cant wait to see some feedback.

This is for 5 ML -

100%vg
12-16 drops of TPA Grahmcracker (about .25ml - .35ml for easier scaling)
5-7 Drops of TPA Banana nut
4 Drops TPA PieCrust (take it or leave it, I dont think it needs it but I like it)
1% vape wizard (if you're into that sort of thing.. lol)
4 drops your choice sweetener I use TPA sweetener as EMs cotton candy notes arent in bobas or gorilla.

Ideal FOR ME is:
16 TPA grahmcracker
7 TPA banana Nut
4 TPA pie crust
1% vape wizard (if you're into that sort of thing.. lol)
4 drops your choice sweetener I use TPA sweetener as EMs cotton candy notes arent in bobas or gorilla.

~About 15% flavoring total.

Start off at the minimums I stated, but I feel its best at the "ideal" I listed (IMHO), I preferr it stronger so I bumped it up a little. LET IT STEEP at least 24 hr it will be VERY strong at first.

Please let me know what you guys think....

Last edited:

digunderground

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2012
Vaparadise
I am purchasing all of these ingredients, well, all but the pie crust, and I will try it out and let you know.

Hey thanks.. as it ages, it definitely needs something. I think the pie crust is overkill and un needed on second take. not sure the missing note.. im going to mix the base without the pie crust and try a few other things. I'll report back too. I wouldnt say this is so much a clone the more I vape it, but something I have grown to enjoy that is very similar to MY tastebuds.

digunderground

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2012
Vaparadise
This is going to sound funny, but the missing underlying flavor reminds me of something in Casablanca, so it could be a tobacco. Both have a semi reddish hue too. A lot of times when I mix to match a commercial liquid, I look at color as a big indicator too.

Funny you say a robust banana bread.. thats mostly what I get but with some grahmcracker.. Let us also remember, I am using TPA in this, Loranns or one of the other major vendors could be a better match. Next order ill get banana bread and grahn cracker from a few other makers too.

digunderground

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2012
Vaparadise
Never had either of them, but if it's worth anything, the hint would be that they list them in their tobacco flavors and not in the desserts. I started diy'ing recently and am interested in your results. TY

Just remember "tobacco" is subjective... Many tobacco flavors are caramel, or nut, etc.. Most "tobacco" concentrates that dont use tobacco absolute are other flavors commingled. I really like dessert ship, or perique, cuban supreme, but these are more pipe or direct tobacco flavors. Take m-type for a moment.. totally hits me as floral not tobacco... 555 tastes like peanuts to me.. this was a really long way to say that tobacco isnt tobacco and IMHO completely subjective..

BUT I see your point, and I appreciate ALL (Literally ALL) feedback. Many people have been responding that they think it has a tobacco flavor in it.. I've even heard Pineapple (really pineapple?) I definitely dont get pineapple.. but out of all my tobacco flavors I cant find one that doesnt completely dominate in flavor even at .5% so please suggest anything you can think of.

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
Have you tried Acetyl Pyrazine? Acetyl Pyrazine 5% PG Flavor (TFA)

I have been itching to try it, but, the nuttiness part is making me hold back. Don't really like nutty flavors, but, this looks like something that could be added to give a robusty flavor to a mix. Of course it's sold out now, heh.

graffinfected

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2012
ORLANDO, FL.
everytime i go to get my commercial tobacco from wizard labs they are sold out... but i spoke with john today and i was able to add it to my order.. should be here tomorrow sense i live close by..

what is that Acetyl stuff?

alright im gonna mix up some of this juice DIG, i have never had gorilla juice but ill try this.. it sounds alright to me .... lets get the lab out into the living room haha!! i love this stuff.

digunderground

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2012
Vaparadise
yeah, I have it.. tried it in this mix and thats not it, or at least I dont think so. I use it in a few of my other mixes.. I use it in my RY4 mix. It's very strong so be careful with it. Good stuff, worth having in your arsenal. Definitely gives things an unplaceable "nut" .. its not peanut or hazlenut.. just nut.. I dont know how else to describe it. Adds depth, but im pretty sure this doesnt have it..

This is going to sound even crazier.. but I think it might even be a cherry.. Along with smell, and color, I also taste all liquids im trying to match.. literally a SMALL drop on my finger and rub it across all parts of your tongue so all your receptors get the flavor. GJ i get a SLIGHT cherry flavor.. that might be the "robust" note and even red hue. I dont have any cherry flavors in my stash so I'll have to wait till the next order. (SOON).. Does anyone know if any of their cherry flavors have a red hue to them?

graffinfected

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2012
ORLANDO, FL.
ok, i just tried it... i cant say it tastes likeGJ because again, i havent tried it.. but im the type to need a high percentage of flavor.. i cant taste too much in this juice by following your instructions.. i usually mix at 20%.. you say this is at 15% but i just dont taste too much. i can taste the banana nut in the background a liiiittle and i can taste the graham cracker mostly.. but i would like to have a higher percentage of flavor.. that might do it for me.. i think if i bump up the percentage.. it might taste fantastic..

or, i just let it steap for a day and see what happens.. ill check back tomorrow

digunderground

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2012
Vaparadise
ok, i just tried it... i cant say it tastes likeGJ because again, i havent tried it.. but im the type to need a high percentage of flavor.. i cant taste too much in this juice by following your instructions.. i usually mix at 20%.. you say this is at 15% but i just dont taste too much. i can taste the banana nut in the background a liiiittle and i can taste the graham cracker mostly.. but i would like to have a higher percentage of flavor.. that might do it for me.. i think if i bump up the percentage.. it might taste fantastic..

or, i just let it steap for a day and see what happens.. ill check back tomorrow

yeah, I typically like 15-20% flavor too.. but imho GJ is somewhat subdued, I wish there was a "double flavor" option. The version im vaping right now is the above mix tweaked to about 18% and I like it a lot. The grahmcracker starts quite strong and dies down after about 24hr..

digunderground

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2012
Vaparadise
red hue????

mine is pretty dark.. cuz of the graham cracker..

Well The GJ has a reddish hue to it.. even after steeping my mix it doesnt have that hue.. plus on tasting the GJ it **might have a cherry flavor in there.. I dunno.. Im going to order some variety of cherry and see in a few days when it gets here. Ill mix 30ml of this base and then break out into 5ml and try the cherry and a few other things..

Vappa

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2012
Netherlands
yeah, I have it.. tried it in this mix and thats not it, or at least I dont think so. I use it in a few of my other mixes.. I use it in my RY4 mix. It's very strong so be careful with it. Good stuff, worth having in your arsenal. Definitely gives things an unplaceable "nut" .. its not peanut or hazlenut.. just nut.. I dont know how else to describe it. Adds depth, but im pretty sure this doesnt have it..

This is going to sound even crazier.. but I think it might even be a cherry.. Along with smell, and color, I also taste all liquids im trying to match.. literally a SMALL drop on my finger and rub it across all parts of your tongue so all your receptors get the flavor. GJ i get a SLIGHT cherry flavor.. that might be the "robust" note and even red hue. I dont have any cherry flavors in my stash so I'll have to wait till the next order. (SOON).. Does anyone know if any of their cherry flavors have a red hue to them?

I use Lor Ann Cherry and it is colored red. So yeah. But i don't know if that is what you want to use in your mix, because it tastes a bit artificial.

digunderground

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2012
Vaparadise
I use Lor Ann Cherry and it is colored red. So yeah. But i don't know if that is what you want to use in your mix, because it tastes a bit artificial.

Thanks for the heads up! Yeah, I'm not sure, it might be.. When I taste GJ I get almost a faint marichino cherry flavor, and the liquid only has a faint tint of red.. So maybe.. I'll add that to the order. For the record, I DON'T taste cherry when vaping GJ but I taste it when I put it on my tongue. Or.. I might just be crazy.. Haha

Thank you so much for your feedback!

ninfreak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2011
burkesville, kentucky
the biggest thing you guys seem to miss is that there is no pg based flavoring in ave juices(save for a select few) your usual flavorings are not what they use. they either have to be alcohol based or vg based. so using lorrans or tfa is not the key to unlocking the mystery of ave juices. you gotta dig deeper than that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread