GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Spheroid, GP PAPS, X, GP Piccolo, GP SnP and more - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loop

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2009
Bellevue,WA
I usually forget my birthday, but thanks to you my friends, this is impossible :)

We are still at the CNC's, so I will be in a silent mode for a while, but I will be back tomorrow.

Keep up the hard work! We will be patiently awaiting your return.

Funny how many obsolete builders will now get into building a VV now trying to resurrect their building dream due to the release of the dna 20. I can name 2 off the top of my head. Now we are looking at the 30 and by the time they release they will still be using an older version. zzzzzzz
I do not own a vv. honestly was interested in the 20 but, am over it. I like Q have been interested in Bugs device but, will pass.
If GP decided a release, like many here, I'm in! But for now I am having way too much fun with my mech's.

I would buy a GP Paps X dna 20/30 Compatible Control module add on in a heartbeat if Perseas and Team GP decided to do one.

I would like to see it made as another section that we can add on to our GP Paps and Paps X's. Or who knows maybe a whole new mod :D

darkgear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Islands in the middle of the sea
A very nice fellow from Texas sold it to me at retail plus shipping & PP fees. I feel quite lucky to have happened upon the deal.

Last run of these expected to be available January 31st in case anyone is looking for one.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Idaholandho

Gone Fishin'
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Reading Naked
I have moved on from this, rather quickly :) due to heat as predicted.
609GSBG.jpg

To a single coil on the Spheroid. The vape is more flavorful and the heat generated is not an issue.
6wtGzcF.jpg

I am leaving the cotton wick a bit longer as when I screw the cap on I would like a few mm to lay on the fluff. It will cause the cotton to stick to the fluff so I suspect I will have to change the wick more often due to it fraying.

Last edited:

Nach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
Chicagoland, USA
jazco.net
From reading up on it they didn't add anything , but simply upped the wattage. Seems like they should have at least added a charging status to the display and reverse battery protection. If they did their website doesn't mention it.

I would love to see a DNA chip in a beautiful mechanical looking tube mod. I also wish I could just get a Wizard Evolved …

Off topic question for the uninformed: what is the benefit of the DNA30D for those who stick to the usual 10-ish watt range?

There is a charging indicator.... the battery icon gets full!

As far as protections, they're built-in. Its great stuff!

chadsmo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
BC Canada
So remember last night how we were talking mods and phones etc in the bathroom. Well my 5s fell out of my pocket this morning when I was reaching over the toilet and it went for a swim :( It was only submerged for a second or two so I'm hoping when it try to power it up tomorrow afternoon it's OK.

On the upside I'll have my PAPSX tomorrow so that will help balance out my phone being messed up if that's the case. Don't really have the 800 for a new one , so here's hoping. … :(

Peter_C

Who?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
Akron, Ohio
www.facebook.com
I am asking this question in this thread as I believe GP is the best Mods.

But as I do not yet know what I like, I do not think I am ready for a GP mod yet. I've got big, bad hands, and am looking for a smaller tube or box mode to use with my carto/tanks and Sophia/tanks. I am a simple user, no sub-ohming or the like at this point, have yet to even build a coil.

I am hoping to keep the price of the mod around the $100 mark if possible, and I do enjoy great quality (love my ProVari).

BoD Mecha
Micro Stick

What else should be in the running? It's gotta have an easy fire button~!
Thanks in advance...

chadsmo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
BC Canada

But as I do not yet know what I like, I do not think I am ready for a GP mod yet. I've got big, bad hands, and am looking for a smaller tube or box mode to use with my carto/tanks and Sophia/tanks. I am a simple user, no sub-ohming or the like at this point, have yet to even build a coil.

I am hoping to keep the price of the mod around the $100 mark if possible, and I do enjoy great quality (love my ProVari).

BoD Mecha
Micro Stick

Thanks in advance...

What's your definition of 'around 100 dollars'. At some point in the near future the GP PAPS V3 will be available for purchase. They are 92 Euros http://www.vapourart.com/en/product/gp-paps-18350-ss-edition-version-25 . You won't find a better tube mod for that price.

throwback8

ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2013
United States
So both my Paps X 1.5 and X Ring are now here and I am extremely happy with my purchase thus far. The Paps X 1.5 features a crisp, smooth button, incredible threading, top notch machining, beautiful fit and finish, and the best part is - it looks this good while hitting like a freight train. The GPin is such an elegant solution to the fiddling usually involved with flushing up an atty and eliminating battery rattle. I literally screwed my KFL+ down flush, popped in my 18650 VTC4 Sony, and screwed the top cap on. The GPin is placing the perfect amount of force to ensure no battery rattle whilst also maintaining a great connection. I am also definitely loving how the X-Ring works by eliminating the airflow ring gap when using an atty with it's own airflow. The brushed looks great and I will definitely be picking up a polished as well. Thanks for the quick shipping and stellar craftsmanship GP. You've earned another customer. :vapor:

GPPAPSX15_zps12aad815.jpg

Dan Knight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2013
Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States
So remember last night how we were talking mods and phones etc in the bathroom. Well my 5s fell out of my pocket this morning when I was reaching over the toilet and it went for a swim :( It was only submerged for a second or two so I'm hoping when it try to power it up tomorrow afternoon it's OK.

On the upside I'll have my PAPSX tomorrow so that will help balance out my phone being messed up if that's the case. Don't really have the 800 for a new one , so here's hoping. … :(

If you have any rice, put it in a container with your phone.

The rice will absorb the moisture from the phone. Don't try to turn on the phone. Let it sit in the rice for 18-24 hours. You should be good. Worked for my son when his phone took a similar trip.

Oh yeah, throw the rice away afterward.

Peter_C

Who?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
Akron, Ohio
www.facebook.com

Remember to use a bowl of uncooked rice!!

Idaholandho

Gone Fishin'
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Reading Naked

BoD Mecha
Micro Stick

Thanks in advance...

Peter! I would suggest the GP PAPS 350 for starters. It will be a mod that will last a lifetime and comes from a builder that cares about us. That in itself is priceless. Save an extra dollar to do it. Remember, as mentioned, you will get what you pay for in this world.
From the top cap to the switch is a perfect build of mechanical genius. The switch, all will agree, best in the business. I have had Caravela owners ask me to sell switches and top caps for their tubes. The switch is a short, smooth, button that takes no effort to fire.
I could go on, but the herd will want to comment.
Top it off with a SnP for your cartos and future diver or Sophia.
Best of all worlds.
This will save money for you in the long run as, when you are ready you may have to sell the device you settled for. Don't settle friend.
Buy GP.

yankeebobo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
Western MA
Peter! I would suggest the GP PAPS 350 for starters. It will be a mod that will last a lifetime and comes from a builder that cares about us. That in itself is priceless. Save an extra dollar to do it. Remember, as mentioned, you will get what you pay for in this world.
From the top cap to the switch is a perfect build of mechanical genius. The switch, all will agree, best in the business. I have had Caravela owners ask me to sell switches and top caps for their tubes. The switch is a short, smooth, button that takes no effort to fire.
I could go on, but the herd will want to comment.
Top it off with a SnP for your cartos and future diver or Sophia.
Best of all worlds.
This will save money for you in the long run as, when you are ready you may have to sell the device you settled for. Don't settle friend.
Buy GP.

I echo this....^^^^
And you can set it down without firing the button.

Idaholandho

Gone Fishin'
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Reading Naked

Oh no...and some were laughing at my bathroom rules the other day :rules:
Sorry man. Did it have "company" in there? Please dont answer that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread