GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Spheroid, GP PAPS, X, GP Piccolo, GP SnP and more - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyB66

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
London, UK
A sad day. Having only received my Paps v4 recently I have a full appreciation of the quality of their products now.

Don't know how this decision was reached but it's sad that vaping is loosing another one of its quality mod/atty makers.

Poor Quorax must beside himself.

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
This is terrible news about VapourArt closing, although not a complete surprise given the recent Vapour Day clearance sales and dwindling stock. I found VapourArt early on in my vaping journey almost five years ago when I bought my first mechanical mod (a GP Paps v2.1) and I have been fortunate enough to amass a wonderful collection of their mods and atomizers that I plan to use for the remainder of my days. It’s sad to think that there will be no more Vapour Days and no more DHL packages coming from Bulgaria. I imagine that the VapourArt threads will be locked when they close and that we should definitely set up a new thread to discuss all things VapourArt, post our images of the best gear around, and to make sure that the asylum is still populated with members who have been a part of it.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
It's always a sad day when a high quality company like VapourArt and an exceptional person like @perseas tosses in the towel. But the legacy they leave behind will never die.

A heartfelt thank you for everything @perseas, and my highest wishes that your new vista's exceed your highest expectations.

And the same to the old crew here who made me feel welcome here so long ago.

While I have not used my 10 GP X's/TiX, V3's and 2.1, the Piccolo, 4 Herons, 2 Spheroids, an SnP, 2 Senios and the endless spares I have for all of them for a very long time, I still consider them the best tube gear I ever bought.

The path to vaping is a progressive one as we try to find the gear that gives us our own best personal vapes. 35 Reos pushed my VA gear aside soon after I bought them. I went through a bunch of regulated TC mods and toppers for them as well, and I have retired all the Reos. My new game is still mostly squonk gear.... mech dual parallel, regulated single, regulated dual series with most of them using 20700 batts. The mesh RDA's were the game changer for me, the best atty's ever for my vaping style. They are fire breathing dragons not meant for just anyone. Get them right though and they are as stellar as it gets. You need to own an e-liquid well to drive them though... they use joose like it is going out of style. I have 8 mesh atty's set up so far, 3 VVM's and 5 DMP's (I like these the best)... but there will be more.

Today's 5 in rotation with 5 of my favorite DIY's...
DMPx5.jpg

Luck to you all...

Spy out.

Woody7781

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Buffalo,NY
Man, sad day. Seeing the news today brought back a flood of emotions, we shared some great memories in these threads. I’ve met some great people here, owned some of the finest devices that can be bought, and still have them. I’ve gone to a more simple style over the past couple years, but GP was always the gold standard in my journey. I appreciate all the time spent here, the generosity of team GP, you guys will be missed. I haven’t posted in here in quite a while, but always checked in here and there and read up. Good luck in all future endeavors, and THANK YOU for being some of the finest people I’ve met in vaping still to this day 5 years later!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Somehow, this though not a surprise, just depresses me... My life will be just a bit darker without knowing such a wonderful company with so many wonderful people behind it are not around to show the world that business doesnt mean greed, lack of quality and care, that it can be , and will always be a "model" of how business should be run.

windows-blinds-0032-BW.jpg

Last edited:

btobw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia
Such a sad, sad announcement, even though it's not a complete surprise. Thank you Perseas and everyone at VapourArt for years of wonderful products and service. I wish you all the best for a happy and prosperous future :wub:

My very first GP setup - almost 4.5 years ago, and forever loved:
GiKZWS0l.jpg

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Oh no!!!
I found the best and now their going.
I was late to the party and only got a few things.

The best customer service I’ve ever received, including non-vaping related services!
Thanks Perseas and team.

I was so hoping to snag a heron v3 :(

I’m here working on the heron which still isn’t right. I’ve asked once but before you disappear @perseas, do you know where I can get a base and spares for my most favourite ever atty so it works again?

All the best for your future ventures and I wish I hadn’t been such a fool and missed meeting you.
Best of luck and thank you :thumb:

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
Oh no!!!
I found the best and now their going.
I was late to the party and only got a few things.

The best customer service I’ve ever received, including non-vaping related services!
Thanks Perseas and team.

I was so hoping to snag a heron v3 :(

I’m here working on the heron which still isn’t right. I’ve asked once but before you disappear @perseas, do you know where I can get a base and spares for my most favourite ever atty so it works again?

All the best for your future ventures and I wish I hadn’t been such a fool and missed meeting you.
Best of luck and thank you :thumb:
You might find some here @Zutankhamun, most of the stuff is out of stock but you can take a look and see if what you need is in stock:
Vapour Art - Mods & Accessories

Cmoke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2014
Mokum, NL, Europe
I will always remember. After half a year of struggling with evods on ego pens, today exactly 4 years ago, DHL Express called at my door and my first Heron v1 made me see the light. It finally showed me that vaping is so much better than smoking..

Discovering your mechs was like a dream to come true, I still can’t decide whether the PAPS v2.5, the X or the v4 is the best mech ever made. It doesn’t matter, they will never leave my side.

Thanks for everything Perseas and team GP, all the best!!

Last edited:

Cucco

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Bonita Springs, Florida, USA
VapourArt closing... Sigh...

Many years ago, I was participating in an ECF forum of a mod that I adored. A friend in that forum, told me I should check out a company called VapourArt. He had great things to say about the modder, and the company. I was very happy with my mod, and really wasn't interested in anything new. But, I decided to check out their ECF forum, and see what the fuss was all about. Instantly, I was impressed with 'the tone' of their ECF forum. It was one big crazy loving happy family. Their forum, often lovingly referred to as 'The Asylum', welcomed me with enthusiasm, and I was happy to be there. :) BTW: As we all know, 'the tone' of any organization/group/forum/etc. is a reflection of what is coming down from the top.

Like I said before, I had a mod that I adored. I had no intention of switching to anything new. But, I was curious to see what this big crazy loving happy family was so excited about. So, I ordered a GP X. This was strictly a 'curiosity' purchase. However, the day I fired up my GP X, I knew I had found my forever vaping 'happy place'. Design.. Beauty.. Performance.. A class-act in every way. I have never vaped another mod since that day. And, I never will. I will be vaping my GP Xs, until my end of time.

Six thousand miles away, and yet, I have always felt the loving spirits of Perseas and team up close and personal. I thank Perseas and team, for providing me my forever vaping 'happy place'. I thank them for the many smiles they have gifted me over the years. I also want to thank them for their presence on ECF, where I have been blessed to connect with some very special people in their forum.

I wish the best for Perseas and team. I have no doubt, they will succeed at whatever they do in the future. Brilliance, talent, and heart.. That's a winning combination that can't go wrong.

Perseas.. My forever friend.. Thank you!

eternalsurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
Tryon, NC USA
I was actually there for that, Cucco. Sadly, we have now lost them both. Everything moves so fast. I wish nothing but the best for Perseas. I know he will succeed in whatever is next. You get out of this world what you put into it, and he filled these pages with kindness, love, and respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread